Griffin Logue 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

He is imo the perfect big body bull midfielder. He is needed in defence at the minute but he will be headed for the midfield in coming seasons. Looking forward to him splitting open packs just like Morabito was going to be doing for us.;)
I have the same thoughts. Actually I really like what the club is doing in developing players who can play multi-positions generally. The games are becoming so fluid and I think this can create some significant advantages and mismatches.

I sometimes feel like every wrap I give this club ends up cursing it but thankfully I'm not that superstitious, having said that I need people reading this to know that I'm aware at the absurdity of some of the following claims...

Logue's stats line up amazingly with McGovern's, in fact they're pretty favorable in some key areas including disposals 20.5 to 15.6, intercepts 12.5 to 8.8, intercept marks 4 to 3.7, contested possessions 10 to 6.7 including ground ball gets 6 to 3.3 and tackles 3.5 to 1.1 also rebounds, inside50s, meters gained and score involvements are in Logue's favour. In other important areas McGovern's barely ahead such as contested marks 2.1 to 2, marks 7.6 to 7.5 and kicks 10.7 t 10.5. When some of the negative stats such as clangers and turn overs are adjusted to be viewed as per disposal then once again they're better or about same as McGovern. The 1%ers, defensive 1v1 win percentage, and kick efficiency are the only available stats where McGovern shades Logue.
hFm8dGT.png
CjhMkm1.png

Last edited:
I sometimes feel like every wrap I give this club ends up cursing it but thankfully I'm not that superstitious, having said that I need people reading this to know that I'm aware at the absurdity of some of the following claims...

Logue's stats line up amazingly with McGovern's, in fact they're pretty favorable in some key areas including disposals 20.5 to 15.6, intercepts 12.5 to 8.8, intercept marks 4 to 3.7, contested possessions 10 to 6.7 including ground ball gets 6 to 3.3 and tackles 3.5 to 1.1 also rebounds, inside50s, meters gained and score involvements are in Logue's favour. In other important areas McGovern's barely ahead such as contested marks 2.1 to 2, marks 7.6 to 7.5 and kicks 10.7 t 10.5. When some of the negative stats such as clangers and turn overs are adjusted to be viewed as per disposal then once again they're better or about same as McGovern. The 1%ers, defensive 1v1 win percentage, and kick efficiency are the only available stats where McGovern shades Logue.
hFm8dGT.png
CjhMkm1.png

Wow there is alot of blue and green on there!

Really amazed at how well and easily hes slotted into our team after a year out of footy. Has kicked a few clangers but otherwise very solid down back.

We transitioned very well from defense to their attack for a while there. We were the kings of center back turnovers.
They are so good I almost look forward to the opposition getting the ball inside our 50 to see what our guys will do. It is where our best work is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously wouldn't move him anytime soon but I do wonder about his potential to have bursts through the midfield. He's a super rare combination of power and speed and so strong in the contest against smaller boys, could see 5 minute bursts from him in there being a real asset in a couple of years (obviously depending on how our midfields going and the defensive structure).

If we can get Hamling and Pearce back playing consistently with Logue , Ryan, Wilson and Young, that’s a really strong backline. Logue is going to be a star.

How good is he going to be when he doesn't have to play on guys significantly bigger then him and can almost be our "swing" defender. His versatility to play big and small, appetite for the contest, strength and speed are something to behold down there.
He's one of this guys that looks like he might be able to translate from elite athlete to elite footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back