Opinion Griffin Logue, Moving Forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Y'all are acting way too prematurely on Logue and some of the comments on Pearce are downright disrespectful. I agree that Logue will probably not achieve the same levels of success as a defender, but our defence can't fit him in so we need to get creative with Logie Bear.

Realistically you would want a minimum of one goal a game from him for the forward experiment to be called a success and that is definitely possible. He has all the physical attributes for it to work including an elite vertical leap, strength and pace, and contested marking. Anyone can learn to kick for goals and with a proper preseason up forward, I am confident he can excel.
What’s with the y’alls? We in ******* Texas now?

Another consideration is if we will be too tall next year with Jackson 2 KPFs Logue and Fyfe. The problem is that we have these good players which we are forced to shove in the forwardline.

Logue isn't a #1 or #2 forward OR defender. What he is, however, is a competitive beast, who hates getting beaten and will happily do whatever role is required of him. Also low-key love his swagger and confidence. The kid has some jets on him too.

Logue when he does ruck gives us an extra mid around the contest.
How many rucks can burst down the wing bouncing the ball then deliver the ball into a goal scoring area.
I got pilloried on here earlier in his career when I said he could play mid or forward.
193cm , 100 kgs and big tank and fast wheels. I love him , always have .
Perfect ruck rover which is what the second ruck is becoming.
Cannot lose him.

Logue when he does ruck gives us an extra mid around the contest.
How many rucks can burst down the wing bouncing the ball then deliver the ball into a goal scoring area.
I got pilloried on here earlier in his career when I said he could play mid or forward.
193cm , 100 kgs and big tank and fast wheels. I love him , always have .
Perfect ruck rover which is what the second ruck is becoming.
Cannot lose him.
The transition into Adam Goodes 2.0 has begun.

The talk now is all about burst mids, the ones that can run straight out the front of the centre ball up with strength and get the ball in quickly with the 6 6 6 .
Fyfe and Dangerfield were the prototype Petracca the finished product.
We have no one on our list that fits that bill apart from Logue.
He won't be Adam Goodes but he could be our wrecking ball.

He won't be Adam Goodes but he could be our wrecking ball.
Can someone please put Logues head on this?
Miley Cyrus Rotum GIF

Another consideration is if we will be too tall next year with Jackson 2 KPFs Logue and Fyfe. The problem is that we have these good players which we are forced to shove in the forwardline.
I can see us going two ways with Jackson coming in and Amiss being more a Cameron/Curnow mobile skilled threat then Hawkins/McKay:
A) We see Jackson, and more particularly Darcy playing the contested marking / lump of lad key forward who's main job is to never lose an aerial contested while clunking a couple of F50 marks a game. This plan would need another genuine goal kicking medium because they are more a role player in that role
B) We have different plans for Jackson and Darcy combo and need that extra quality KPF, the smalls and mediums in Logue / Fyfe / Freddy / Switta / Schultz can provide enough in all the other aspects.

McDonald or Naughton would be the perfect answer for part B in two years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see us going two ways with Jackson coming in and Amiss being more a Cameron/Curnow mobile skilled threat then Hawkins/McKay:
A) We see Jackson, and more particularly Darcy playing the contested marking / lump of lad key forward who's main job is to never lose an aerial contested while clunking a couple of F50 marks a game. This plan would need another genuine goal kicking medium because they are more a role player in that role
B) We have different plans for Jackson and Darcy combo and need that extra quality KPF, the smalls and mediums in Logue / Fyfe / Freddy / Switta / Schultz can provide enough in all the other aspects.

Show Me Nbc GIF by Good Girls

I don't know if we can genuinely play two kpfs alongside Jackson. We have 9 players that are b22:
  • Tabbs
  • Amiss
  • Jackson
  • Fyfe
  • Logue
  • Walters
  • Freddy
  • Schultz
  • Switta

These players will all be b22 come round one with the exception of Amiss. At best we can fit 7 of them in the squad. Doesn't help that Fyfe and Logue aren't even forwards and yet will take two spots. If they were out of the picture we could have a very balanced forwardline of

Treacy Amiss Jackson
Freddy Schultz Switta + 1 of Fyfe/Walters/Logue

That is probably why we are content with losing Logue, his real value is being a backup to Pearce which we could find a way to cover.

Last edited:
I was at Manuka last time we went there in 2019 and had a glorious win. The three big dogs terrorising GWS were Tabs, Lobb and Hogan. Might only be one of those three fit for the weekend..

Don't really follow WA media - is Hasleby as reliable as the other clowns over there?
Haze has more inside knowledge then he lets on but doesnt use it IMO. Mostly he just spitballs s**t to get clicks / push out an article, there's not much behind most of it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back