Opinion Griffin Logue, Moving Forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Any further commentary yet from Lobb throwing people under the bus?

Frustrating that Bell had to come out and put Lobbs comments in place

White noise isn’t ideal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Griff wanted to stay and Freo said no? Wonder if Freo are wielding the stick as a warning to those that dick around with negotiations too long / ask for what they see to be too much, obviously told Acres to eat it so perhaps they did the same here.

The guy had a bit of a sook when he was dropped. Definitely a big ego there. He asked for two more years on 400k, we said no, you’ve been s**t, you’ve literally just been dropped bc you’re s**t, get better. Griff said Colon find me a new club they don’t want me 🥺.

He doesn’t get dropped again, actually strings together decent games, is offered four more years on 500k, and says no.

He’s not passionate. Stop pretending otherwise. No one passionate about their club turns down that sort of money for them. He can cry all he wants about not being valued by he was clearly valued high enough to be 6th in the b&f.

The guy had a bit of a sook when he was dropped. Definitely a big ego there. He asked for two more years on 400k, we said no, you’ve been s**t, you’ve literally just been dropped bc you’re s**t, get better. Griff said Colon find me a new club they don’t want me 🥺.

He doesn’t get dropped again, actually strings together decent games, is offered four more years on 500k, and says no.

He’s not passionate. Stop pretending otherwise. No one passionate about their club turns down that sort of money for them. He can cry all he wants about not being valued by he was clearly valued high enough to be 6th in the b&f.
I think that's harsh, Logue made the best decision for his career. I think he would have loved nothing more than to be a lock down back for the rest of his career for us but we are one of like 2 or 3 clubs that cant fit in a very good athletic 25 year old KPD as best 22. With Amiss and Treacy developing, Fyfe moving forward and Jackson coming over, Logue had close to no chance being best 22.

I would have liked to get a little more for him personally since I think it's going to be a belter of a trade for North but I think him moving was best for him and us since you dont want to be paying non-best 22 players even 400k a year as you move into premiership contention.

My favourite thing about all of this is how often the universe seems to punish those that take big money when leaving a rebuilding club by forcing the exiting player to watch his old team win the big dance. I don't have any ill feelings towards Griff by any means, but I will dance in the puddle his tears form if it means we've snagged a flag.

I think that's harsh, Logue made the best decision for his career. I think he would have loved nothing more than to be a lock down back for the rest of his career for us but we are one of like 2 or 3 clubs that cant fit in a very good athletic 25 year old KPD as best 22. With Amiss and Treacy developing, Fyfe moving forward and Jackson coming over, Logue had close to no chance being best 22.

I would have liked to get a little more for him personally since I think it's going to be a belter of a trade for North but I think him moving was best for him and us since you dont want to be paying non-best 22 players even 400k a year as you move into premiership contention.
A little more would have been nice but Tucker is essentially steak knives. He was an offload and if out of contract would have likely gone for nothing.

Early second and change was slightly under for Logue. Late first is his worth.

I personally think we could have played the cards a little better with Logue. The problem is if the same situation plays out next season and let’s be honest we can do better than Logue as a forward, then he may be looking for a trade.

Lobb is the douche in the doco. No one spoke to me yada yada. I haven’t played to my potential bla bla bla…

He has just come off his best afl season to date. He and Colin drinking bath water every morning.

I’m not denying he did the best thing for his career but that doesn’t mean I have to be nice to him about it

I see what you're saying, but KPD in a bottom 2 team won't be fun. The sheer volume of ball coming in will mean he gets multiple goals kicked against him multiple times. It was the best decision for his bank balance. Best decision for his career would have been an albeit unlikely move to Collingwood or Richmond or, shudders, Carlton.

I see what you're saying, but KPD in a bottom 2 team won't be fun. The sheer volume of ball coming in will mean he gets multiple goals kicked against him multiple times. It was the best decision for his bank balance. Best decision for his career would have been an albeit unlikely move to Collingwood or Richmond or, shudders, Carlton.
Roo's wont be dogshit forever, they'll start to turn it around in the next couple of years I'd imagine. He'll play more finals in 3-4 years and still be young enough to enjoy a good run.

Roo's wont be dogshit forever, they'll start to turn it around in the next couple of years I'd imagine. He'll play more finals in 3-4 years and still be young enough to enjoy a good run.
Probably, but that sounds awful familiar to what people said about Carlton in 2018 and they still haven't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've got a lot of talent on their list. I expect them to be a bit like us from 2020-2022 starting this year.

If he was passionate, he wouldn’t have gone to the bottom team.

Personally I reckon if Logue just said that he wasn’t likely to play in defence for us (his preferred position) and North gave him the opportunity to play there on a deal he couldn’t refuse, not many would begrudge him. Be honest that the money was a factor, otherwise why not ask to go to one of these “other six/seven clubs that were interested“, rather than the bottom club.

Thats never work again money that Logue has been given, you take out roughly 40% on tax (not exact but a fairish measure) and he is still clearing $480,000 a year

each year for 5 years, he will never have to work again and doesn't even have to be smart about it

Harsh to criticise his passion when you put that into perspective

Thats never work again money that Logue has been given, you take out roughly 40% on tax (not exact but a fairish measure) and he is still clearing $480,000 a year

each year for 5 years, he will never have to work again and doesn't even have to be smart about it

You can criticise the passion of literally ever player that leaves the club voluntarily.

That’s not money that leads to “never working again”… not even close.

That’s not money that leads to “never working again”… not even close.
thats 2.5 million after 5 years, after tax

if you can't turn that into not working again then I don't know what to tell you

He would already be living comfortably now and have money saved up, he has contracts coming after this one, all he needs is a financial advisor to get him a decent return year on year

thats 2.5 million after 5 years, after tax

if you can't turn that into not working again then I don't know what to tell you

He would already be living comfortably now and have money saved up, he has contracts coming after this one, all he needs is a financial advisor to get him a decent return year on year

Some people know how to invest wisely

That’s not remotely true. $2.5mil becomes not very much after you buy a house somewhere decent. Dudes in his twenties, you really think that’ll last another 70years? Maybe if he made some ridiculously shrewd investments but even then, he’d have to invest nearly all of it and wouldn’t have much to live on.

That’s not remotely true. $2.5mil becomes not very much after you buy a house somewhere decent. Dudes in his twenties, you really think that’ll last another 70years? Maybe if he made some ridiculously shrewd investments but even then, he’d have to invest nearly all of it and wouldn’t have much to live on.
There are many variables around owning a house, what he owns already, how much he has saved up, whether he gets a contract after etc but I'm very comfortable in my judgement that you can turn that into never working again with a good financial advisor (so not much work for Logue)

lets say he blows 1.5mil over that 5 years and has nothing in the bank, can still walk out with 1 mil and lets say he gets a modest return of about 7% (i'm going favourable to your side on both figures on purpose) thats still 70k a year to live on

anyway you get my point, we can turn this into an investing or financial strategy thread but theres not much point lol, surely we can at least agree its a life changing contract?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back