Traded Griffin Logue [Traded with Darcy Tucker, F3 to North for F2 PP, F3 PP and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarko decides who the CEO is and he has no relationship with Bell I don’t believe

I don't believe Clarko decides the CEO for a minute. I suspect they would know eachother only professionally but you would imagine there is mutual respect. Clsarko has stated he wants football people, not puppets. Of course people want some of their own but its a club, not his family. moot point, he isnt coming, apparently according to his own words.

Last edited:
It's said to be $200K extra per year and a year extra. So an extra million. Id call that substantial. Who's carrying on? Sounds like we both agree that money is a factor in Logue going to the Roos.
Is your figures the tax you have added when a player walks out? I haven’t seen 3.5 over 5. Just Freo offered 500k over 4.

He’s worth two early 2nd picks. AA level defender when played in the right position. I’ll never understand the fascination with our injury prone pair of Cox and Pearce. Cox with the brain fades and Pearce spent a shitload of his career taped together. Logue had some early injuries but is far more robust. Doesn’t get rag dolled like the other two. Cox slightly better intercept mark and kick but Logue far better athlete, better versatility, better one on one body work. A huge bargain for the roo’s.

I’d hope we get both the priority pick and the future 2nd. That would be my minimum.

There is no guarantee the roo’s are bottom next year. They’ve greatly underperformed. Have a great spine with McKay, Logue, Goldstein, Zurhaar, Larkey. The midfield is building, add in Cunnington, Davies-Uniacke, Horne-Francis, pick 1, Tarryn Thomas. They will be no push over. I’m thinking 6-12th territory.

Couple of pick 30s for Logue is a joke.
You really have set yourself up to be very disappointed.

Is your figures the tax you have added when a player walks out? I haven’t seen 3.5 over 5. Just Freo offered 500k over 4.

I saw it somewhere amongst 30 articles I've read. Who knows where. Some have said $3.5 mil over 5, some $3 mil over 5. Either way, substantially more than what we offered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be surprised if the AFL assistance package (F2 and F3) haven't been earmarked for Logue and Tucker.

It's exactly the kind of trade the AFL intended those picks to be for and would make the Roos better straight away next year.

I doubt a contracted Clark will move and a BHill move might not need much at all as a salary dump.

I'd be surprised if the AFL assistance package (F2 and F3) haven't been earmarked for Logue and Tucker.

It's exactly the kind of trade the AFL intended those picks to be for and would make the Roos better straight away next year.

I doubt a contracted Clark will move and a BHill move might not need much at all as a salary dump.
Edmund and McGowan are confident on a Clark move. The latter usually has good mail re North.

Thats whaty i've seen, $100k per year more after Freo upted from a lower offer initially.
So 50k after tax.

“Young also confirmed that Logue had a “chat” with Sydney figures but ultimately decided on North Melbourne due to the postcode and his wish to move to Melbourne.”

WA boy wanting to come and run with the big boys in Melbourne. Welcome to the sports capital of the world!!!

So 50k after tax.

“Young also confirmed that Logue had a “chat” with Sydney figures but ultimately decided on North Melbourne due to the postcode and his wish to move to Melbourne.”

WA boy wanting to come and run with the big boys in Melbourne. Welcome to the sports capital of the world!!!
He used "postcode" about a dozen times during that interview. I guess it's easier to say that than "paycheck."

He didn't choose North because they are in VIC. He chose them because they're paying him double what he's worth.

He used "postcode" about a dozen times during that interview. I guess it's easier to say that than "paycheck."

He didn't choose North because they are in VIC. He chose them because they're paying him double what he's worth.

Apparently 9 clubs wanted him.

You guys under valued him and that’s fine but his type and age is perfect for what we need.

If you think he’s worth $300k , that’s odd. I suspect you don’t

Apparently 9 clubs wanted him.

You guys under valued him and that’s fine but his type and age is perfect for what we need.

If you think he’s worth $300k , that’s odd. I suspect you don’t
He's worth about 400k-450k imo. Thought our offer of 500k for four years was way overs considering our backline.

9 clubs asked about him, but I doubt many were willing to pay him 500k+.

We undervalued him initially but quickly amended that when he actually started playing good football.

He's worth about 400k-450k imo. Thought our offer of 500k for four years was way overs considering our backline.

9 clubs asked about him, but I doubt many were willing to pay him 500k+.

We undervalued him initially but quickly amended that when he actually started playing good football.
Up to 450k is his value but 500k is way over.

That extra 25k, that is way over, might get him a 2015 Holden Captivia.

Up to 450k is his value but 500k is way over.

That extra 25k, that is way over, might get him a 2015 Holden Captivia.
Yes. For us it is. He's not in our back 7. No one who's in our back 7 ahead of him is on 500k+ (except maybe luke ryan). So 500k for 4 years for us is way overs for a guy who isn't in our best 22.

His value, based on his ability/potential/ position he plays should be around 400-450 for most clubs. North offered him crazy money, we upped our offer to try and compete with that, it still wasn't enough. Doesn't mean he's worth anymore than 450k.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back