Traded Griffin Logue [Traded with Darcy Tucker, F3 to North for F2 PP, F3 PP and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. For us it is. He's not in our back 7. No one who's in our back 7 ahead of him is on 500k+ (except maybe luke ryan). So 500k for 4 years for us is way overs for a guy who isn't in our best 22.

His value, based on his ability/potential/ position he plays should be around 400-450 for most clubs. North offered him crazy money, we upped our offer to try and compete with that, it still wasn't enough. Doesn't mean he's worth anymore than 450k.
Worth is relative club to club.

For North, who are in desperate need for a key defender to pair with McKay for the next 8 years, he's worth more then Freo where he's not a defender in your best 22.

Yes. For us it is. He's not in our back 7. No one who's in our back 7 ahead of him is on 500k+ (except maybe luke ryan). So 500k for 4 years for us is way overs for a guy who isn't in our best 22.

His value, based on his ability/potential/ position he plays should be around 400-450 for most clubs. North offered him crazy money, we upped our offer to try and compete with that, it still wasn't enough. Doesn't mean he's worth anymore than 450k.
Like Jackson? Freo will be paying him much more than 500k on potential alone. Apart from Fyfe will be your highest paid player. Logue looks like a bargain in comparison.

Is your figures the tax you have added when a player walks out? I haven’t seen 3.5 over 5. Just Freo offered 500k over 4.

The 350k was the offer that got the ball rolling out of Freo, once the offended was to great to sooth, the 500k offer came about.

I'd be surprised if the AFL assistance package (F2 and F3) haven't been earmarked for Logue and Tucker.

It's exactly the kind of trade the AFL intended those picks to be for and would make the Roos better straight away next year.

I doubt a contracted Clark will move and a BHill move might not need much at all as a salary dump.
I'm fine with a future third for Tucker but a future second for Logue is daylight robbery. If the reports are to be believed, they are offering him 700k x 5 years. He will be their centre half back for the next 10 years.

I'm fine with a future third for Tucker but a future second for Logue is daylight robbery. If the reports are to be believed, they are offering him 700k x 5 years. He will be their centre half back for the next 10 years.
One is overs - the others unders. Let’s call it a draw and move on.

Which reports are reporting 700k? The freo page on big footy?

Can someone actually post an article that states Logue has been offered 700k? I haven't read a single article saying that so genuinely interested.

The only figures I've seen are +100k over Freo's offer, the 700k figure seems to have come from the Freo board and it's been run with on here.

Googling 'Griffin Logue "700k"' the main results are reddit, bigfooty and a freo facebook page.

Can someone actually post an article that states Logue has been offered 700k? I haven't read a single article saying that so genuinely interested.

The only figures I've seen are +100k over Freo's offer, the 700k figure seems to have come from the Freo board and it's been run with on here.

Googling 'Griffin Logue "700k"' the main results are reddit, bigfooty and a freo facebook page.
Sketchy memory but I think it was on Mark Duffield's podcast a couple of weeks back. Not infallible but easily as reliable for Dockers related stuff as anyone that is not Ryan Daniels.

That said, I think the honest thing to say is we have NFI exactly how much he is on.

He’s worth two early 2nd picks. AA level defender when played in the right position. I’ll never understand the fascination with our injury prone pair of Cox and Pearce. Cox with the brain fades and Pearce spent a shitload of his career taped together. Logue had some early injuries but is far more robust. Doesn’t get rag dolled like the other two. Cox slightly better intercept mark and kick but Logue far better athlete, better versatility, better one on one body work. A huge bargain for the roo’s.

I’d hope we get both the priority pick and the future 2nd. That would be my minimum.

There is no guarantee the roo’s are bottom next year. They’ve greatly underperformed. Have a great spine with McKay, Logue, Goldstein, Zurhaar, Larkey. The midfield is building, add in Cunnington, Davies-Uniacke, Horne-Francis, pick 1, Tarryn Thomas. They will be no push over. I’m thinking 6-12th territory.

Couple of pick 30s for Logue is a joke.
And it's a future 2nd round pick highly rumoured to be the deal. Its about right. He's a 15-22 sort of player on most lists.

Opposition supporters inflate the price to feel better about a player walking out. It’s big footy 101.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a senior journalist over here called Mark Duffield who has stated 600k over 4 years on his podcast, he's fairly clued in.
Seems reasonable for a key defender entering his prime who will play every game for us.

Why would Logue go to the bottom team if he wasn’t getting massive offers?

Surely he would go to a team in finals contention.
Opportunity, money and job security I'd say.

I know Logue is worth more, but he's uncontracted so you have to accept unders. North have to trade their PPs, so no skin off their noses to sent them to Freo and essentially get Tucker and Logue for free.

It's a rippingly good deal for North.

I know Logue is worth more, but he's uncontracted so you have to accept unders. North have to trade their PPs, so no skin off their noses to sent them to Freo and essentially get Tucker and Logue for free.

It's a rippingly good deal for North.

The good side for Freo is that next year is expected to be a deep super draft so those picks will give FReo good trade value in that draft. Probably turn them into more at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back