Traded Griffin Logue [Traded with Darcy Tucker, F3 to North for F2 PP, F3 PP and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course freo would leak a much higher wage - it suits the narrative he is only leaving for money. Which makes the club look better when players walk out.

North have denied its anywhere near that - but posters like to listen to grubby jurno's.
Any chance neither are telling the truth and its somewhere in the middle? I'd say almost 100%. Either way we'll never know so who gives a ****?

I'm feeling the assistance package could have been more.
secret smell GIF

I think Daniels is applying a home team booster to those figures but I'm pretty comfortable it's 700k, still a lot of money.
I'd say Daniels is in the top 2 in the country alongside McArdle. Career suicide to put out a figure he made up.

He got the figure from someone.

I think Duffield and Daniels have a source at the Freo.

The sen guys (Twomey’s) source is Young.

I think Daniels is applying a home team booster to those figures but I'm pretty comfortable it's 700k, still a lot of money.
Even at $700k he'd only be joining Cunners in that bracket and LDU/McKay next year. We have cap space to burn and not many good player to pay haha

Alternatively, we could reach for Busslinger in the draft and wait for 5 years for him to come good. By then McKay would be 29 (I think) and we'd be drafting another key defender. This deal makes a shitload of sense for North and money isn't a factor for us.

Even at $700k he'd only be joining Cunners in that bracket and LDU/McKay next year. We have cap space to burn and not many good player to pay haha

Alternatively, we could reach for Busslinger in the draft and wait for 5 years for him to come good. By then McKay would be 29 (I think) and we'd be drafting another key defender. This deal makes a shitload of sense for North and money isn't a factor for us.
Yep, he is worth every cent

Only fools are arguing with that point tbh

gEven at $700k he'd only be joining Cunners in that bracket and LDU/McKay next year. We have cap space to burn and not many good player to pay haha

Yeah, it's a great pick-up for North and like you said, the money is irrelevant. The picks are also irrelevant given they are free. I think he'll make a you a couple of goals a game better next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it's a great pick-up for North and like you said, the money is irrelevant. The picks are also irrelevant given they are free. I think he'll make a you a couple of goals a game better next year
I mean, I'm thinking 5 goals better so we are losing by 5 goals every week rather than 10 haha

In all seriousness, it allows Corr to play on the 3rd tall where he is best suited and boots Josh Walker to the 2s. We were so undersized in defence last season. Will really help us retain Ben McKay in free agency knowing he has a bit of help and doesn't have to do it all on his own.

Landed as expected & I think it's a good deal for both parties.

I've much preferred dealing with Freo supporters on here then the brief time with Power supporters.
It is a better deal for North Melbourne but fair play to them - they have the leverage and will have used it fairly to their advantage.

Getting it done early helps both clubs - North get some positive football news and get players with upside & most importantly want to play.

Freo get it done and now have time to work with Gold Coast and Melbourne.

Basically swings & roundabouts.

So yeah, that's $250k to $300k per year more than us.

If it's a 5 year deal compared to our 4 then it's up to a total contract worth $2 mil more than Freo's!

The Roos are officially in Gold Coast territory. $700k a year for Thomas, $750-$800k for Logue, JHF leaving.

I'm feeling the assistance package could have been more.

Let them change their name to Geelong Cats

The big knock on Logue from most supporters was a lack of a football brain. Playing for 5 years in a rebuilding side and, when they at last play finals, then signing a 5 year deal with the team that finished last won't alter this view.
I get it's for a lot more $$ so good on him.

Sorry to be absurdly pedantic, but is there a chance that the AFL reject the trade? North were given F2 & F3 on the condition that they trade these for players. Whilst we have done this we have also upgraded an F4 to a F3 which is kind of like getting change for these picks. Of course, we could just use a current 4th instead of our F4 and it would comply. I know this is in WGAF territory but the AFL can be much more picky about this stuff than say systemic racism or human rights abuses.

Sorry to be absurdly pedantic, but is there a chance that the AFL reject the trade? North were given F2 & F3 on the condition that they trade these for players. Whilst we have done this we have also upgraded an F4 to a F3 which is kind of like getting change for these picks. Of course, we could just use a current 4th instead of our F4 and it would comply. I know this is in WGAF territory but the AFL can be much more picky about this stuff than say systemic racism or human rights abuses.
I wish they would so that silly upgrade is removed when you were given the picks for free but they won’t

The afl wouldn't care. The picks needed to bring in players (which they were) any extra bonus in a deal is part of it.

Griff has set himself up for life, which is great.

Now North need to play him strictly as a glove defender, tell him to do nothing but spoil, totally blanket his opponent and if he has the ball in his hands he kicks sideways to the loose player.

A couple of years ago he was backing himself to take the intercept marks, and he's right to try because that's the difference between modest money and obscene money for a defender, but his hands are too hard - all he ended up doing was taking out his team mates, fumbling the marks and an opposition small swooped and goaled.

He plays strictly as a lock down defender and you don't need to worry about that tall forward impacting the game. It's 17-17 on the field and one of their best players is no longer in the game.

He has had his injury issues but that should be behind him as the surgery to fix that congenital issue in his foot which took him out for most of the first two years is resolved. He will need a good coffee and a cuddle every day and to tell him he is a giant of a man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back