Traded Griffin Logue [Traded with Darcy Tucker, F3 to North for F2 PP, F3 PP and F4]

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Just watched his North Melbourne interview thing, seems like his decision was based around Clarko, wonder what will if he doesn't end up coaching.

Just watched his North Melbourne interview thing, seems like his decision was based around Clarko, wonder what will if he doesn't end up coaching.
Goes to West Coast at the end of next year, for family reasons :p

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
images

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Love this trade from a North POV.

Logue is a good-very good key defender who has some decent scalps this year but is behind others. Perfect guy to have partnering McKay though.

Tucker played the majority of the year for the Dockers. Handy role player, might just be a transitional inclusion although he could play 100 games for the club.

From a Freo POV that’s now 3 best 22 players who have left. Hopefully they can retain Lobb.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle

Logue is a good-very good key defender who has some decent scalps this year but is behind others. Perfect guy to have partnering McKay though.

Tucker played the majority of the year for the Dockers. Handy role player, might just be a transitional inclusion although he could play 100 games for the club.

From a Freo POV that’s now 3 best 22 players who have left. Hopefully they can retain Lobb.
Darcy Tucker aint no B22 but did well enough to crack 100 games. Lets go F/S in 20 years.

We're actually out 4 x B22 though once Lobb goes because of Mundy. Get on us for the spoon.

rgauci

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS

Tucker wasn’t best 22, or maybe you were including Mundy, Logue and Acres were great this year and will be hard to replace.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Tucker wasn’t best 22, or maybe you were including Mundy, Logue and Acres were great this year and will be hard to replace.

That's not necessarily a bad thing btw.

George Hewett (for whatever reason) was not deemed to be in the Swans best 22 either

You never know, Tucker may just flourish at Arden St.

rgauci

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
He played 14 games, he was still in the side more often than not.

How many as medi sub?

I’m not saying he won’t be decent. Played onball in the wafl he had some ridiculous games. I recall a 37 possessions and 3 goal game against a strong WAFL team.

He’s not a winger, or a HBF, or even a HFF. He’s not particularly quick, but he’s tough, runs endlessly and has a neat kick. Play him onball and he’ll flourish.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
How many as medi sub?

I’m not saying he won’t be decent. Played onball in the wafl he had some ridiculous games. I recall a 37 possessions and 3 goal game against a strong WAFL team.

He’s not a winger, or a HBF, or even a HFF. He’s not particularly quick, but he’s tough, runs endlessly and has a neat kick. Play him onball and he’ll flourish.
I’m sure you’d know better than I would, but he’s clearly on the cusp and played plenty of footy for the club.

He should be a decent pickup for the Roos though. Right age bracket, competitive guy. Low ceiling but also a pretty low floor.

rgauci

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
I’m sure you’d know better than I would, but he’s clearly on the cusp and played plenty of footy for the club.

He should be a decent pickup for the Roos though. Right age bracket, competitive guy. Low ceiling but also a pretty low floor.

Of the 14 matches, twice he was an unused medi-sub.

3 additional matches, based on stats of 6,7,8 possessions, I think he started medi-sub but came onto the field.

9 times this year he started on the field. Which is more than I expected.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy

George Hewett (for whatever reason) was not deemed to be in the Swans best 22 either
Seriously, have a clue. He played 21 matches for Swans in 2021......
Sometimes it like you live in another world and not in this one....
He basically been in Swans best 22 for about five seasons.
I think the Co-Vid 2020 season was only time he played less than 20 matches in a season in that time.
He was clearly best 22.
Swans just could not afford to keep him for the money he was after in a new contract. That's all that was.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Excellent result for AFL and North that the assistance they got for free was to trade to get more mature ready players for their team which it was designed to do and does not disadvantage the league as a whole. Freo get a pick that was not originally in some coming drafts and North get players that will boost their senior team full of youngsters straight away.
Logue is a very good get. They lacked key defenders and now they have a bit more of what they really need.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC

You never know, Tucker may just flourish at Arden St.
It’s because they are a better side than Carlton & have better players in his preferred spot.

Tucker was played since he has an AFL body. We’ll have better kids with AFL bodies next season so it won’t hurt at all.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
It’s because they are a better side than Carlton & have better players in his preferred spot.

Tucker was played since he has an AFL body. We’ll have better kids with AFL bodies next season so it won’t hurt at all.
Hewett is a better player than Rowbottom.

Sometimes you don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
How many as medi sub?

Sounds like a good guy to have around a young team. Attitude and effort often beats talent.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Was waiting for Darcy to brake out. Was getting sick of waiting..has had 2 very average years but wish him the best.

Logue can go truck himself 😂
He will have his good and bad days in defense and has demanded too much money from the roos 👎

Bigger

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2001
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
need to take a good look at themselves
Darcy Tucker is a momentum killer. Almost exclusively ignores the first (and correct) option to swivel the head around looking for something better.

That said, he has the rig and dedication and seems a ripping bloke.

Played his best game against Geelong this year where he actually played much more freely. Perhaps with licence to run or back himself more, he will flourish.

Back