Player Watch #19: Griffin 'Gus the Goose-stepper’ Logue - recovering well from ACL injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Soon enough it'll all be about "How have North miraculously fixed their back and forward lines while neglecting their dysfunctional midfield?"
Even though I think our forward line leaks a bit due to lack of forward pressure and two many mid (sized) players the stats probably support it being dangerous enough to be competitive with a midfield breaking even. A competitive tall and lightning attacking small forward with defensive chops round it out, but when we break even we kick goals. When we're starved of opportunity it looks broken.

Last edited:
Logue - Comben - Dawson + the right mix of mediums and smalls seems like a pretty solid defending group.

2nd half of the year might not be so bad, we might even string a few wins together 🤯🤯
Exactly my thoughts… (pink & Corr) as last resort breakglass just for this season & Wil Dawson 2nd half this too or def next year he comes in .
Other back 3 can be goater (fingers crossed recovery for 2025) Sheezel & fisher or (McKercher) / hardeman .
I think we are pretty well covered 👍

Logue - Comben - Dawson + the right mix of mediums and smalls seems like a pretty solid defending group.

2nd half of the year might not be so bad, we might even string a few wins together 🤯🤯
Yup, I've said plenty of times that the second half of the season is when we should see real improvement. As long as Logue's return date is reasonable and includes him being fit and conditioned, then we have a fair number of winnable games. Fingers crossed we don't get an injury crisis and then we should see a bit of deadwood measured and discarded from the squad, the remainder should have the gameplan (and what it's evolved to over half a season!) down pat, the worst of our draw is over, and we'll have a proper bloody defender and leader in the backline!

The start of this season has sucked majorly, but it was always going to be some degree of horrible what with the KPP situation, High risk/return gameplan, and the campaigners at AFL house giving us our draw. I'm going ECO until the second half of the season!

Now we just need the defensive mindset of the mids, one of the wings, half-forward line and forward pockets improved as well and we should be right.

Last edited:

Which Dawson? Maybe best to keep it flexible for the back half on '24 but from '25 onward we will be needing an initial....and it will be likely starting with W. K Dawson will be a good 7th defender however and still in the team.

Which Dawson? Maybe best to keep it flexible for the back half on '24 but from '25 onward we will be needing an initial....and it will be likely starting with W. K Dawson will be a good 7th defender however and still in the team.
Kal is improving every week. I dont even know where his ceiling is.

Quite possible that Doedee's recurrence, has made them a bit more conservative. Will wait until they're 100% certain Griff is right to go, before he takes the field.

11 months will be June this year and 11 months is standard. I don't even think it's being conservative, it's just the time it takes for this rehabilitation.

He'll have passed or be close to passing his almost final parity and graft laxity tests with the surgeon and then 2 months of full training to see if any other issues pop up. After that more parity tests and if no issues like strains, etc. in that two months, he'll be cleared.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back