Grigg & Houli Sign On

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of our second tier these two are clearly two of the best. Houli is just a straight up good player, while Grigg is a good solid foot soldier. These two aren't our problem. Remember Stephen Armstrong? He played in a flag for West coast. Morton played in a flag. And so on.
Who are the worst of the second tier players?
These two have not only plateaued but are also on the way down.

Houli is my favourite player and if he is in a strong side he is quite important IMO, a bit of a barometer. Grigg is pretty good, one year is right. I can see him getting phased out next season.

Damn wanted houli gone

Why?

I can understand not wanting Grigg around, as he's not exactly invaluable, but Houli is a VERY important player to us.

Notice how when we start losing, it's because he's been shut down or nullified by the opposition.

This is the very reason why we recruited Yarran to begin with. Because we needed another "Houli", one wasn't enough.

Criminally underrated player.

Who are the worst of the second tier players?
These two have not only plateaued but are also on the way down.
Ellis vickery Griffith's hampson conca hunt are clearly worse than both. Grimes Astbury Lloyd Edwards I would put between houli and Grigg. This is just off the top of my head of the regulars, excluding the kids and the players that are in and out like Moore and townsend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

I can understand not wanting Grigg around, as he's not exactly invaluable, but Houli is a VERY important player to us.

Notice how when we start losing, it's because he's been shut down or nullified by the opposition.

This is the very reason why we recruited Yarran to begin with. Because we needed another "Houli", one wasn't enough.

He's a criminally overrated kick

The bold is why he is not underrated.

Righto, so is that a problem with Houli himself, or with the RFC not having enough attacking options in that area of the ground to cover for his role when Houli is being nullified?

Every good player gets nullified at times, I don't see Houli being any different. We're talking about his importance to the team, which has been demonstrated to be very high.

Whether or not that's an issue the club needs to look at addressing (which they tried to with Yarran), whatever, but none of it changes the fact that Houli is a very important part of the RFC picture at the moment, and that importance is often highly undersold.

Righto, so is that a problem with Houli himself, or with the RFC not having enough attacking options in that area of the ground to cover for his role when Houli is being nullified?

Every good player gets nullified at times, I don't see Houli being any different. We're talking about his importance to the team, which has been demonstrated to be very high.

Whether or not that's an issue the club needs to look at addressing (which they tried to with Yarran), whatever, but none of it changes the fact that Houli is a very important part of the RFC picture at the moment, and that importance is often highly undersold.

The thing he's important to a team that finishes 8th at its best.

He's a liability to any team aiming to finish top.

Why?

Houlis kicking and decision making the last couple years hve been nothing short of terrible, This year would have been the time to get rid of him while he still ha some value.

Possible both. However I see (and I'm tipping many) Houli as basically a down hill skier. Good when things are going well, not great when they are not. Nothing wrong with that and all clubs need and have them, however to be truly rated you need to be able to win games when your backs are against it and Richmond lack that in spades.

24 hours ago, we need to move Houli and Grigg on and get what we can for them, they have value and can be good players at other clubs.

Today after re-signing, what a s**t decision by the club, we're never going to get better if we keep these campaigners.

Grigg and Houli aren't world beaters but they are players that know how to play the game and when we actually get things right and play our best style of footy both are very important role players. Remember not everyone can be a star, you need those guys that can be counted on to get the job done week to week. Granted there are times when both are kept quiet but that happens to every sides role players.
Have you voted yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back