Toast Grimes extends contract to 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be about Jack Grimes signing a new three year deal. Terrific news, hopefully we lock up a few more as the season progresses.

IT is. Good news!

Quotes from Grimes himself:

“The club has been through a fair bit this week in the last couple of weeks, but I’m definitely backing them in all the way,” he told melbournefc.com.au.
“I was glad it all happened this week, because I really wanted to show the faith that I have in the club and where we’re heading. I’m definitely not heading anywhere, and I’m sticking to it.
“It hasn’t been a good week at all for the Dees, but I’m absolutely pumped to sign for another three years after this year, and I couldn’t be happier.”

Great to read that from our captain and he is showing how committed he is to the cause. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great commitment. On top of his playing attributes and positive attitude this should bolster his captaincy stocks amongst the playing group as well. We have a job to do.

Great bloke. Great leader. It's fantastic that he has been on the front foot this year to take some pressure off trenners who is still recovering from an interrupted preseason.

From what I've seen this week, trenners is really enjoying his footy at the moment. Hopefully he can shine in a few weeks.

Great bloke. Great leader. It's fantastic that he has been on the front foot this year to take some pressure off trenners who is still recovering from an interrupted preseason.

From what I've seen this week, trenners is really enjoying his footy at the moment. Hopefully he can shine in a few weeks.

Agree with the Trenners comment mate - he just needs a few games under the belt to get going and he'll be well on his way to a good season!

Seems the Richmond fans on the main board are disappointed they didn't get the chance to lure him over to play with his brother.

The richmond fans honestly have the gall to act all *ing high and mighty about the current state of Melbourne

You would think they would be mostly humble and remember the 2010 0 - 9 start they had, being compared to Fitzroy, massive MASSIVE pressure on Hardwick and just getting over Port in round 10

A lot of them (not all) act like that was 30 years ago - because they're 2-0 so far.......

I agree they're heading in the right direction, and appear to have made some good choices in recruiting / leadership etc.

But it all nearly fell apart before it began

Seems the Richmond fans on the main board are disappointed they didn't get the chance to lure him over to play with his brother.

Only one, as far as I can tell. Other Richmond fans have strongly disagreed.

Sad to see CNB/'Undertaker' going that route - he's normally a pretty good poster.

The richmond fans honestly have the gall to act all *ing high and mighty about the current state of Melbourne

You would think they would be mostly humble and remember the 2010 0 - 9 start they had, being compared to Fitzroy, massive MASSIVE pressure on Hardwick and just getting over Port in round 10

A lot of them (not all) act like that was 30 years ago - because they're 2-0 so far.......

I agree they're heading in the right direction, and appear to have made some good choices in recruiting / leadership etc.

But it all nearly fell apart before it began

As a Richmond supporter, I was very happy to hear Jack had extended his contract. Shows great leadership and loyalty at a time that it is needed the most. Great qualities both Grimes brothers have. :thumbsu:

Bloody great news about Grimesy!

And well done to all the supporters who got around the boys at training this morning, really wish I lived in Melboure. I hope the lads felt some good positive vibes and can draw on it when thier backs are to the wall tomorrow arv!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back