Review Grose, Bullshite & Useless v Kangaroos 2020...

Remove this Banner Ad

Utterly Alicia Silverstone

Love that the numpties now have so little to say that they have to pretend that people are upset because we're rebuilding.

People are upset because they're not rebuilding. They keep trotting there with mature aged teams with senior hacks doing their damnest for the sugar hit of a win, and they keep failing in more spectacular ways.

We've been doing that for an entire ******* 12 months now, from the 'all in for eight' train wreck of last year, to this.

We look the most unfit team playing at the moment, barely get out of a jog

A coach can make his team better than another by:
-Being fitter
-being more skilful
-applying more pressure (linked to fitness)
-having a better ‘system’

Nicks seems to have not tried for anything!!!!!

Don't misunderstand, these all weren't final placements i.e Jones at HHF ......they are experiments

If Stengle, Keayes, and Laird are in the midfield, Crouch and Jones have to play somewhere or sit on the bench .....they're simply trying different positional moves

McAsey fwd was one of those experiments ......that worked, and I thought Laird in the midfield was far more effective than M.Crouch .....at least Laird was tackling & applying pressure

But also these experimental moves also unbalance the side

I find it hilarious that in previous seasons (decade) there's been a lot of chat on this board about the need to bottom out ....the need to try players in new positions

It just goes to show it's a lot of hot air ....as soon as we do it, all hell breaks loose from the very posters that have always advocated we bottom out ....LOL

Still, this does not negate the basic principle of gameday effort ......I can accept the 7 players we had with sub 20 games of experience running out of gas .....I cannot accept players like Crouch & Atkins putting in no effort ....should I say token effort
Are you for real mate? Honestly try watching a game! This is below bottoming out. It is actually horrible. Ever gone through a season wondering whether you are even going to win a quarter. This is unprecedented, catastrophic badness. Enjoy!

There's something about him. He has x-factor and abit of mongrel. I could be completely wrong but I love him. IMO he is the most exciting small forward on our list. He looks hungry.
My only concern is his body is so slight, he looks as though he injures himself in every contest. Either that or he's watched too much soccer.

If Stengle, Keayes, and Laird are in the midfield, Crouch and Jones have to play somewhere or sit on the bench .....they're simply trying different positional moves
McAsey fwd was one of those experiments ......that worked, and I thought Laird in the midfield was far more effective than M.Crouch .....at least Laird was tackling & applying pressure
OK ...
McAsey IS a forward, isn't he? = no experiment.
Yes, re Laird.
If Jones is going to have zero effect at HFF, isn't he better off resting off the ground?

I used to be big CrouchBros fan. That's gone, blundered out of me week after week.

-Being fitter
-being more skilful

That's not entirely true. He has been trying to make other sides feel so sorry for us they stop trying. Nearly worked against Essendon too.

OK ...
McAsey IS a forward, isn't he? = no experiment.
Yes, re Laird.
If Jones is going to have zero effect at HFF, isn't he better off resting off the ground?

I used to be big CrouchBros fan. That's gone, blundered out of me week after week.
Well I think the consensus on the board & by the club, was that McAsey was drafted as a KPD ......so yes, I'd still say his move fwd was an experiment

BTW I think he looks quite a natural player ......I also said that Keath was a fwd, although the club never played him in the role he won AA honors IIRC as a junior

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad we did not get Duursma. Could not handle that arrow sh*t!
Our players might do all sorts of crazy goal celebration antics but we just don't know it yet

He does, until they put a coach or player in front of him and he goes to water.

Tj
Don't misunderstand, these all weren't final placements i.e Jones at HHF ......they are experiments

But also these experimental moves also unbalance the side

I find it hilarious that in previous seasons (decade) there's been a lot of chat on this board about the need to bottom out ....the need to try players in new positions

It just goes to show it's a lot of hot air ....as soon as we do it, all hell breaks loose from the very posters that have always advocated we bottom out ....LOL

Still, this does not negate the basic principle of gameday effort ......I can accept the 7 players we had with sub 20 games of experience running out of gas .....I cannot accept players like Crouch & Atkins putting in no effort ....should I say token effort
I don’t think anyone would mind if it was just bottoming out of the list but we have bottomed out in every aspect - off field leadership, the Board, Football dept, culture..The biggest concern for me is that I don’t trust this club to adequately maximise the top 5 picks we will get over the next 4 to 5 years.

Did he mention anything about recent selections or is this presser a waste of time?

How about we just play the kids and tell them to go and take the game on and just play all out attacking football.

Seeing crap like Chayce Jones having his back to the ball and appearing to be more focussed on watching his opponent rather than winning the ball is not going to achieve anything.

Whatever happens this year it's not going to the change that fact that we're most probably going to lose every game this year. I would rather see us lose by 10 goals by playing attacking football and letting young guys play to their natural strengths rather than the overly defensive crap we've been seeing every week (sans the 2nd half of the Essendon game)

Can't believe I actually watched that replay.

Why the hell do we always make North look like the bloody Harlem globe trotters? Funniest part was when pittard actually had the nerve to try and kick on his right when he clearly could have gone the left. Just shows how little respect anyone has for us.

Anyway, couldn't think we could look more shot, but we managed it.

Somehow Stengle looks like one of our fittest players? I actually like him in the midfield but gee, you know you're in trouble when he's playing a lot of midfield minutes. With 3 minutes to go he could barely walk.

ROB will win our bnf. Not sure how proud you'd be of that.

Isn't goldstien like 45 years old?

Did he mention anything about recent selections or is this presser a waste of time?
Waste of time, I thought. Unimpressive. Said nothing that made me hope but, gee, isn't he a nice bloke?
Talked about getting back to playing "their" game :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Reminded me of Pyke.
He oughta rethink that, since "their" way has been to lose every game.

I have liked glimpses of his run but please lets not go overboard his 5 games this year have resulted in 2 goals - hardly setting the AFL on fire regarding goal sense.
Missed some easy ones he would normally get in his first 2 games back

-Being fitter
-being more skilful

You missed having decent game plans...

Are you for real mate? Honestly try watching a game! This is below bottoming out. It is actually horrible. Ever gone through a season wondering whether you are even going to win a quarter. This is unprecedented, catastrophic badness. Enjoy!
When experienced players are jogging around & refusing to lay a tackle for a whole game as you are getting demolished, it's painful to watch as a supporter.

Absolutely no excuse for a lack of effort.

When experienced players are jogging around & refusing to lay a tackle for a whole game as you are getting demolished, it's painful to watch as a supporter.

Absolutely no excuse for a lack of effort.
You missed having decent game plans...
Can you see how these two posts are in conflict? It doesn't matter what the coach does, in terms of the game plan, if the players are too ****ing lazy to implement it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back