Opinion Ground zero - what do we have?

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Grant needs to go.

Not sure if serious.

Shooting Bambi.

I have had questions since the Griffen and McCartney fiascos of his capabilities to be involved. Instead the club promoted him - let us hope Gordon is not being a fan boy.

The loss of Dalrymple and the recruitment of Power (even Power with a mere four yrs experience has more experiemce than Grant in full time footy admin.) Let that sink in.

Grant is a massive concern. As is Power. Bains' claim to fame is overseeing another failed rebuild at St Kilda and is a green CEO.

Real concerns with the experience at our club.

Trouble is, generally big shot names don't want to come to our club. We don't have the money or the prestige to offer. We will always be in the position of needing to employ those at lower levels into a promotion or taking risks on unproven talent. Sometimes it works out like Beveridge/Dalrymple other times we get burned like David Stevenson.

Too early to tell on recent employments.

Not sure if serious.

Shooting Bambi.

I have had questions since the Griffen and McCartney fiascos of his capabilities to be involved. Instead the club promoted him - let us hope Gordon is not being a fan boy.

The loss of Dalrymple and the recruitment of Power (even Power with a mere four yrs experience has more experiemce than Grant in full time footy admin.) Let that sink in.

Grant is a massive concern. As is Power. Bains' claim to fame is overseeing another failed rebuild at St Kilda and is a green CEO.

Real concerns with the experience at our club.
I like the structure we have set up in terms of Power’s role being in charge of everything to do with the list - it’s similar to a GM of a US sports team and it means the buck stops with them.

But like you I share concerns at Powers inexperience. And when you consider Grant and Austin and so inexperienced to, That concern only increases.

Hope Power is a gun but we won’t know for a few years

That sounds like a happy little footy department. Wonder if then Dal thought it was time to look around?

Imagine you're told you have $1M to buy your workmates the best set of tools to help them do their job. You spend all year researching the best bargains and tools; then at the last minute your co-manager wants to spend $950k on something potentially broken that your workmates have told you they don't even want. When you and your workmates go to the boss for support, the boss supports your co manager and wants to waste the budget on your co manager's s**t idea that also wastes more than a year of you and your team's researching work...

I'd start looking around the next day...

Imagine you're told you have $1M to buy your workmates the best set of tools to help them do their job. You spend all year researching the best bargains and tools; then at the last minute your co-manager wants to spend $950k on something potentially broken that your workmates have told you they don't even want. When you and your workmates go to the boss for support, the boss supports your co manager and wants to waste the budget on your co manager's s**t idea that also wastes more than a year of you and your team's researching work...

I'd start looking around the next day...

McCartney shouldn’t have been anywhere near trade week, in light of how quickly his bags were packed after it.

McCartney shouldn’t have been anywhere near trade week, in light of how quickly his bags were packed after it.

In light of his abominable negotiation skills he should never have been allowed near trade week.

The only thing dumber would be letting a bloke with SFA footy admin experience sign off McCartney's 'bargains'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I asked where all this “info” is coming from?

Because it sounds pretty far fetched to me and is more likely people wanting to get away from Gordon who I hear has gone full control freak.

I’m happy to believe all this but where is the news coming from?

I like the structure we have set up in terms of Power’s role being in charge of everything to do with the list - it’s similar to a GM of a US sports team and it means the buck stops with them.

But like you I share concerns at Powers inexperience. And when you consider Grant and Austin and so inexperienced to, That concern only increases.

Hope Power is a gun but we won’t know for a few years
When he was marginal 22 on our list I chatted with him a couple of times. Very impressed with decency and maturity back then

Damo is reporting that Beveridge is the only one who wanted Schache.
This is a time I hope Damo is correct as it is Beverages role to develop the player and if he saw something in him this is a bigger plus than McCartney being the one who wanted him

He'd been sidelined by trade week. Grant was already running the show by then.

Sometimes things do not go your way in life or in football.

8 rounds in amd we have not had close to our best 22 due to injury and form.

We have fielded ridiculously young teams but this has been more through necessity. The experience we had in 2016 has either retired or been injured.

Imagine if one of the other young teams were 4 and 4 like Carlton or Brisbane, the media experts would be all over them.

Yet with younger and less experienced teams than anyone we are 4 and 4.

We have been unlucky and have not managed our list as well as possible but we are wau ahead of other young developing teams amd we won a flag less than 2 years ago.

2019 we will be back challenging for the finals and 2020 back challenging for the ultimate just make sure we sign our young guns on multi year contracts and this year will feel like the year it began again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back