group accomodation near MCG?

Remove this Banner Ad

glam77

Senior List
May 3, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
just wondering if anyone can recommend some group accomodation near the mcg or melb cbd.
got a group of 5 guys heading over for a boys trip / weekend of footy in july. i'm finding if difficult to find accomodation in the way of an apartment with 5 singles (if it's even possible)
cheers!

The nunnery in Fitzroy, it is backpacker style accom or you can ugrade to a bit better.

Good and pretty cheap for a boys weekend.

Close to a lot of pubs as well.

You're better off booking 2 rooms and requesting that they be next to each other. Could even look for a hotel with connecting rooms. I stayed in the Oaks on Market St and had 2 rooms connected there.

Don't worry too much about it being close to the MCG either, if you're anywhere near the city then itll ridiculously easy to get to the MCG on public transport

just out of interest, are you all single or looking forward to some time away from the missus?

As mentioned don't worry about being near the MCG, you can get there by foot, train or tram very easily from the CBD. If you want to be near the 'action' try the CBD, Fitzroy or even St Kilda might be what you are looking for

yeah, ended up booking in the middle of the city.... booked 3 twin rooms. was the easiest in the end.

next task ... getting tickets.
is ticketek basically the only outlet for tix? even this far out (for the firdya night game atleast) looks like basically only behind the goals tix left.... or are they available thru other outlets?

cheer

Not sure if serious?

Mantra on Jolimont has great apartments, walking distance to the 'G, 5 minute walk to CBD or 30-second tram ride.

Dead serious, great spot, pub crawl around Fitzroy, fit 4 or 5 boys to a room, and cheap.

If you have the right connections you could get MCC guest passes.

connections... unfortunately don't have any of these.
if anyone is willing to act as a 'connection' please PM me, otherwise i guess i just go thru ticketek.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dead serious, great spot, pub crawl around Fitzroy, fit 4 or 5 boys to a room, and cheap.

will have to give this a go next time.

although the "boys footy trips" which we once years, and not so these days. This is the first on in about 4-5 years i reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back