Jeffers

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal/Penrith/LA Lakers
Groupon is doing a presale for the Sydney Derby at Spotless. You can get general admin in the swans section for $14 a ticket and premium seats in the swans section for $20 a ticket (usually $40 bucks).
Definitely limited availability.

PS i realise the Swans section is pretty much anywhere on the ground.

Groupon is doing a presale for the Sydney Derby at Spotless. You can get general admin in the swans section for $14 a ticket and premium seats in the swans section for $20 a ticket (usually $40 bucks).
Definitely limited availability.

PS i realise the Swans section is pretty much anywhere on the ground.

Completely off topic but Jeffers you obviously have good taste in music judging by your DP!

I'm a bit surprised they are doing deals for this game, it really should be a sellout anyway, no??

They should be throwing freebies around like confetti for all their other home games. Like them or not, they play a terrific brand of footy to watch and as we all know, the hardest part is getting people to attend their first game live. I've lost count of the number of League and Union fans I've taken to games over the years who are just blown away by how much different, and better, the game is live compared to the TV...

I'm a bit surprised they are doing deals for this game, it really should be a sellout anyway, no??
Yeah it's weird. If you take a look at the Ticketmaster website now, the number of seats available for the GA and Premium seats doesn't look that many for a game that's still a few weeks away.

Completely off topic but Jeffers you obviously have good taste in music judging by your DP!
haha! thanks mate!
Yep CHVRCHES are pretty much my favourite group (along with Grimes and yes i love my female vocals).
And yep Lauren Mayberry is very very beautiful.

They should be throwing freebies around like confetti for all their other home games. Like them or not, they play a terrific brand of footy to watch and as we all know, the hardest part is getting people to attend their first game live. I've lost count of the number of League and Union fans I've taken to games over the years who are just blown away by how much different, and better, the game is live compared to the TV...
Sadly we are throwing freebies around for our other home games. Think part of the problem is getting people to the game. Agree completely rugby, league and soccer fans dont intuitively get the difference mwith AFL live. I think the reason may be just the prepstige of seeling the game out. Meanwhile we are the best kept secret in town. A lot.of games you can sit in the bar abd watch the game live (they take out the glass)..

the game won't be sold out, I just don't think the derby is taken seriously enough by the fans

It could be as while the derby may not be that big in Sydney yet what is big is that both teams are 2nd and 4th on the ladder at the moment, and it is going to be a big game from that perspective. Hell, at the SCG a few years ago we got 40,000+ to come to a game against Port Adelaide, and it was entirely because it was a near top of the table clash.

It could be as while the derby may not be that big in Sydney yet what is big is that both teams are 2nd and 4th on the ladder at the moment, and it is going to be a big game from that perspective. Hell, at the SCG a few years ago we got 40,000+ to come to a game against Port Adelaide, and it was entirely because it was a near top of the table clash.
MOTY that game too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the game won't be sold out, I just don't think the derby is taken seriously enough by the fans

Given the ground holds less than 25K when full, I'd have thought there would be that many Swans fans alone who would go to the game, let alone the few thousand GWS fans and neutrals.

It is one of the best, if not THE best viewing grounds in the competition and all things point to it being a cracking match, so I'd be pretty surprised if it's not a sellout...

Anyone received their tickets yet?
Hmm, good point. It was meant to be emailed to us today right? I hope there hasn't been any stuff up with allocations because of the sell out.

Standing Room areas are the only section available on Ticketmaster. Everything else sold out.

Just got the tickets in email. It's from the Giants and not Groupon.

Yes, I just got that email too. Clever way for the Giants to get more people on to their mailing list.

I thought of that as I was typing it and probably right, though maybe not as bad as Norf's ill fated attempts to sign up Swans supporters when they played a few games here years ago. Imagine the rivalry on here if we had Norf as the second Sydney team!

I thought of that as I was typing it and probably right, though maybe not as bad as Norf's ill fated attempts to sign up Swans supporters when they played a few games here years ago. Imagine the rivalry on here if we had Norf as the second Sydney team!

Yep, I was getting emails and mail for years from Norf membership dept after attending the Norf home game in Sydney and every year I'd reply telling them to stick their s**t club where the sun don't shine.

They probably doubled the mail after that because they knew it pissed me off...lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back