News Groups - Now you can do BigFooty your way!

Remove this Banner Ad

We have set up Social Groups on BigFooty.

See the GROUPS nav option at the top of the page/in the mobile slide-in menu.

You can:
  • Start a group,
  • appoint moderators,
  • invite and remove members,
  • create threads,
  • upload images,
  • make your own rules*.

Groups can be made public, private, invite only. Whatever you like.

They have their own discussion area for threads, you can also include a photo gallery and a calendar.

It's up to you.

Currently all users may start up to 20 groups, but this could go up or down depending on circumstances.

Have fun!

* Admins will be able to see all groups. Content should be generally within the site rules but we are not going to actively police them unless they look sus or dodgy.

Hey Chief, just wondering. I was under the impression that groups were similar to PMs in that you can't see what someone has put in a PM in their posting history.
In my posting history I can see things that I posted to a closed group and even stuff that I posted and then deleted within the group
Maybe I misunderstand how groups work or maybe this is a glitch or something. Anyway, just seeking some clarity. Thanks!

• Admin
Hey Chief, just wondering. I was under the impression that groups were similar to PMs in that you can't see what someone has put in a PM in their posting history.
In my posting history I can see things that I posted to a closed group and even stuff that I posted and then deleted within the group
View attachment 734987
Maybe I misunderstand how groups work or maybe this is a glitch or something. Anyway, just seeking some clarity. Thanks!
I’ll check it out. Is the group private?

• Admin
Chief ...I've tried to setup "covers" in a thread ....can't get it working, is that feature turned on ?
How do you mean “can’t get it working”?

What are you doing and do you get any error messages?

How do you mean “can’t get it working”?

What are you doing and do you get any error messages?
No not getting any error messages ...And I'm doing the same us uploading the banner image, which was fine

I'm, not sure what Cover actually is, so I'm trialling it

1571451360112.png 1571451452802.png

So I've followed this, by trying a few times to upload an image ....but absolutely nothing happens, and no feedback re image too big ect

1571451635001.png

Attachments

• 1571451590598.png
    1571451590598.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 169

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chief, we have a Group set up for the Simmers of the e-AFL comp, some very experienced posters in there (people who are/were moderators, etc)

Despite all checking our settings, we can confirm that we do not receive notifications when someone replies to a thread in the Group Discussions, nor when someone quotes one of our posts.
However, we do receive notifications if someone reacts to on of our posts, and also when we are tagged in a discussion.

These are my settings for Groups, as example
1586006248647.png

Chief, we have a Group set up for the Simmers of the e-AFL comp, some very experienced posters in there (people who are/were moderators, etc)

Despite all checking our settings, we can confirm that we do not receive notifications when someone replies to a thread in the Group Discussions, nor when someone quotes one of our posts.
However, we do receive notifications if someone reacts to on of our posts, and also when we are tagged in a discussion.

These are my settings for Groups, as example
View attachment 852469
Ok there is a trick to it I am sure. I will need to check it out. I think you need to watch the discussions as well?

That preference there is a big switch that turns on and off the alerts for things you’re watching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back