Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Remove this Banner Ad

I was just playing a Freeroll at PokerChamps (Top 28 get paid) 2364 players.

First hand: I get dealt Ks-10d...Blinds are at 10/20 and usually in these freerolls someone will go all - in first hand with like 3 callers, but this time the raise ws only to $40 so I called, flop is 9d - Kc - Qd; original raiser checks, someone bets $300, I think about it and 'call' with top pair and an inside straight draw and there are like 3 more callers including the person who checked so I was like 'uh oh there's a straight to someone or 2 pair...turn is a blank and everyone checks so I do (mistake) cause the next person raises all - in and gets one caller (they have 10-3os and A-3os :eek: ) so they winner wins with Ace high as they both miss their straight and I'm down to $660 after starting with $1000.

A couple hands later I'm dealt with 66 and raise and someone raises over the top with what I thought would be AK and it was cause I called them and they hit their Ace on the flop and I came about 2100th :thumbsdown:

The other night I was in one as well and had 10-10 and raised before flop and got 2 callers and the flop was Qh-10d-2h so I bet a fair amount and one calls and the other raises so I raise all in with my set and both call...one guy had (Q2...wtf is he calling before the flop with that) and the other has a flush draw...the turn is a frikkin QUEEN :mad:

Oh yeah :D

On PokerFatCat (play money and team orientated) The bad beats are everywhere, you just know the river is always gonna screw ya and it does...although I have made about 80k in about 2 weeks mainly by playing in the 160/320 limit tables

I am going in another Freeroll on Pokerchamps which starts in 17mins so hopefully I can do a little better :)

First hand: I get dealt Ks-10d...Blinds are at 10/20 and usually in these freerolls someone will go all - in first hand with like 3 callers, but this time the raise ws only to $40 so I called, flop is 9d - Kc - Qd; original raiser checks, someone bets $300, I think about it and 'call' with top pair and an inside straight draw and there are like 3 more callers including the person who checked so I was like 'uh oh there's a straight to someone or 2 pair...turn is a blank and everyone checks so I do (mistake) cause the next person raises all - in and gets one caller (they have 10-3os and A-3os ) so they winner wins with Ace high as they both miss their straight and I'm down to $660 after starting with $1000

Wait... how do they win with Ace high if you have a pair?

In any event, you should have raised the flop. With K-T, you could be in front, but you could definitely be behind. You want to take the pot down on the flop with that hand, and dump it to a re-raise... but I wouldn't have even been in the pot with K-T (especially this early on) to begin with, as it's a trap hand.

Well, I stepped it up a notch went to my $10 tourneys after a good day on the cash tables, and this is how I was rewarded.

First hand I observe this guy go all in after a bet of 20 on the flop from his opponent, so I can tell hes fairly erratic. 2nd hand of the tourney, I get aces, excellent, raise to 80 3 callers. Flop 7-9-4 rainbow, first guy bets, crazy dude goes all in I call 4th opponent folds, first position calls.

First position shows pocket 10s, crazy guy shows....thats right, 7-9o.

And im out, 2nd hand in.

Crosby87 said:
Wait... how do they win with Ace high if you have a pair?

I folded their all-in bet

Anyway as I said in the other post, I went into another and won the second hand with A-10, hit a 10 on the flop :thumbsu:

Then the chip leader on my table played like an ass raising pre-flop every time with any hand and always got lucky and knocked someone out :rolleyes:

Eventually I was moved to another where 2 people would keep going all in every hand :mad: I finally got something worth betting with (A-10) and lost to AK..can't believe the time I get something they actually do as well after all the other bullshlt they had previously.

The most frustrating form of poker is a freeroll

Seconded. I played a No Limit one last night (which is rare for me as I only play Razz or Horse) and tripled up early with Queens, and then decided to be an idiot and try and outplay someone cause I had chips... which is dumb, because nobody folds. Ever. Basically tried to represent a flush and some idiot decided to risk all her chips with top pair (K) and a bad kicker (9). Why she's even in the pot with K-9 after I had raised pre-flop... So I tried to play tight after that and flopped two pair to a flush draw. Overbet the pot, guy calls. Hits the flush. Great.

sante said:
I was just playing a Freeroll at PokerChamps (Top 28 get paid) 2364 players.

First hand: I get dealt Ks-10d...Blinds are at 10/20 and usually in these freerolls someone will go all - in first hand with like 3 callers, but this time the raise ws only to $40 so I called, flop is 9d - Kc - Qd; original raiser checks, someone bets $300, I think about it and 'call' with top pair and an inside straight draw and there are like 3 more callers including the person who checked so I was like 'uh oh there's a straight to someone or 2 pair...turn is a blank and everyone checks so I do (mistake) cause the next person raises all - in and gets one caller (they have 10-3os and A-3os :eek: ) so they winner wins with Ace high as they both miss their straight and I'm down to $660 after starting with $1000.

You had no business being in the hand with KT unsuited in the first place unless you were on of the blinds.
sante said:
A couple hands later I'm dealt with 66 and raise and someone raises over the top with what I thought would be AK and it was cause I called them and they hit their Ace on the flop and I came about 2100th :thumbsdown:
coinflip - s**t happens.

sante said:
The other night I was in one as well and had 10-10 and raised before flop and got 2 callers and the flop was Qh-10d-2h so I bet a fair amount and one calls and the other raises so I raise all in with my set and both call...one guy had (Q2...wtf is he calling before the flop with that) and the other has a flush draw...the turn is a frikkin QUEEN :mad:

That is unfortunate.

Stay away from freerolls.
You won't learn anything and in fact you'll get worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back