Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good call. We've covered the couch in the 'good' lounge room with plastic so it doesn't get stained.
Jesus. My in laws do the same. A spare lounge room with good china, expensive table and chairs, a piano, and a couch no one uses. No one walks in there ever. Biggest waste of space ever. I make use of every cm in my house, so my eye twitches when i see stuff like that.

As for couches. I just paid for extra cover at freedom. Before the two years was up i accidently knocked over a glass of red on the chaise. They didn't have the same model but replaced the couch for one of equal value. I assume they think people won't stoop to such lows, they are wrong.

Jesus. My in laws do the same. A spare lounge room with good china, expensive table and chairs, a piano, and a couch no one uses. No one walks in there ever. Biggest waste of space ever. I make use of every cm in my house, so my eye twitches when i see stuff like that.

As for couches. I just paid for extra cover at freedom. Before the two years was up i accidently knocked over a glass of red on the chaise. They didn't have the same model but replaced the couch for one of equal value. I assume they think people won't stoop to such lows, they are wrong.

Our recliner is ****ed on a super AMART Couch after someone did something so that the recliner mechanism is not square. Won't open now.

It's my fave spot on the Couch as well.

Are you Mediterranean of origin?

In law's are and did s**t like that.
No, but we had Italian neighbors who did it. Their 'good' lounge room was literally a no go zone for kids. They also had a state of the art kitchen that they never used. Instead, mama cooked in the one they illegally built on the back of the garage.

All pretty fascinating stuff to a young see see growing up in a predominantly Anglo Saxon lower middle class suburb in the 70s.

No, but we had Italian neighbors who did it. Their 'good' lounge room was literally a no go zone for kids. They also had a state of the art kitchen that they never used. Instead, mama cooked in the one they illegally built on the back of the garage.

All pretty fascinating stuff to a young see see growing up in a predominantly Anglo Saxon lower middle class suburb in the 70s.

Yep father in law has oven in shed...cooks everything on it.

No smells inside.

Post lowering

c15487db5b6797ba6d554290674f43ac.jpg

The offending concrete replete with black marks from the dif scraping it daily.

c0cc367019091a7d901ad2924c973647.jpg

Post concrete obliteration today. The two hour job took about four. Work were rapt! :rolleyeyes

25e332cdda32c1db7cf01fbd076b21b7.jpg

Gees that wouldn't even get off the road onto our "driveway" let alone up it.

But the road to our driveway would be awesome fun. Especially with the top down on a warmish day.

So vague recollection of start date for new House of Cards thinking it was this weekend.

Check Internet.

Netflix releasing it on Tuesday.

Ffs...why not go for a Friday or Saturday or Sunday.

Tuesday! ...cough...sniffle....cough......coughhhhh
Final season of Bloodline has dropped. Have to wait for House of Cards

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

But the road to our driveway would be awesome fun. Especially with the top down on a warmish day.

I had a major overhaul of the XR 6 FG this week....like a new car, acceleration is wtf...we could get my hacksaw and do some work on my roof.

Would be one of a kind in Australia I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny thing is, our neighbours' place always f***ing stank of parmesan cheese. Could never work that one out.

I remember going to Pizza Hutt when they first opened in the mid 70's as a kid.

Walked in....'who has chucked!!!!'

Now I can't go without...the block parmesan fwiw

Boomerfan99 saw your exchange in the Survivor thread.

The horse has bolted now but IMO you were correct.

9NOW should be viewed as streaming and not aired in Aust.

Those campaigners should have used spoilers.

thanks gaso. what annoyed me is I had gone in most weeks and there were spoiler alerts. so I expected the same for the finale.

unlike that west coke dickhead. I dont take days off work to watch a tv show.

If you hired that concrete mower I had yesterday and combined it with a schitty mood with destruction on the mind, you could grind yourself the Burnley Tunnel for a driveway. The only limitations are your own physical limits.

If you hired that concrete mower I had yesterday and combine it with a schitty mood with destruction on the mind, you could grind yourself the Burnley Tunnel for a driveway. The only limitations are your own physical limits.

Leave one behind the cheersquad and I will grind the * out of the concourse back to the car after the next loss.

(Nek year^)

If you hired that concrete mower I had yesterday and combine it with a schitty mood with destruction on the mind, you could grind yourself the Burnley Tunnel for a driveway. The only limitations are your own physical limits.
Well done on going the mower option. The temptation to demolish everything would have been hard to resist. I would have just told the mrs that i needed to hire a jackhammer. I've been eyeing off the 30kg one down at the local hire joint but never had an excuse to use it.

Also doubles as an aphrodisiac:
1. Improves my grip strength and muscular endurance.
2. With a bun in the oven my mrs hasn't had certain tasks on her mind as much as i have. Could oil up my arms and chest and then turn the jackhammer up to full speed. Might even slam down a solo as i wipe my forehead. I'd record it on the gopro because i highly doubt she'd look out the window and if she was it'd probably be to make sure i didn't demolish my foot.

But yeah the mower was a wise decision. How long did it take all up?

When I get it small enuff (ie under a meg) I'll upload a pic of my driveway.

But yeah the mower was a wise decision. How long did it take all up?

Around 4 hours including the enormous cleanup. The vacuum attachment didn't do it's job so the garage and area around it looked like the post apocalyptic scene in Pompei, covered in an inch of cement dust. That included my car, which was parked beyond the property fence in the street, and myself. I can barely grip a pen or coffee cup today, my forearms are that knackered (from bike riding tendinitis also).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back