Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep. Been to countless funerals and never teared up. That day i was a blubbering mess. Could barely speak to the receptionist to settle the bill. Got a good memorial piece made up.

We've lost both of our dogs in the past couple of years, with Archer going down early this year. It's bloody traumatic. Spending time with him prone on the vet hospital floor, watching the kids and Mrs Toes bawling and saying "I love you so much Arch" while cradling him in their arms. Doing the same myself. Then having to up and leave, and pay an astronomical bill before exiting in front of a waiting room full of similarly depressed families holding their own pets. It's bloody horrendous!

Then running into the odd local who asks "so, got a new dog yet? C'monnnnn, you have to." Still not over it here and everytime I bump into one of those locals I fight the urge to cave their heads in.

We've lost both of our dogs in the past couple of years, with Archer going down early this year. It's bloody traumatic. Spending time with him prone on the vet hospital floor, watching the kids and Mrs Toes bawling and saying "I love you so much Arch" while cradling him in their arms. Doing the same myself. Then having to up and leave, and pay an astronomical bill before exiting in front of a waiting room full of similarly depressed families holding their own pets. It's bloody horrendous!

Then running into the odd local who asks "so, got a new dog yet? C'monnnnn, you have to." Still not over it here and everytime I bump into one of those locals I fight the urge to cave their heads in.
Agreed. I feel sorry for you going through it all with kids too. Must be hard for all involved.

Yeah I've never understood that reaction from others. Like they are a kitchen applicance or something.

My partner had the same reaction when someone suggested that. I've been walking our other dog solo out of fear that she doesn't 1) kill someone and 2) doesn't get upset.

Very hard when all the locals see you with two dogs all the time and then ask where the other one is.

Midnight Oil was worse.

Got 2 tickets trying for 4. Gagf.

But nekminit ago I got front pit Springsteen and was at the foot of the great man.
Got midnight oil tickets for their show in Darwin in October. That worked out ok. But adding airfare, hotel etc makes it a pretty high price of admission. They better play the set featuring head injuries, although red sails is more likely for Darwin I think.

Got midnight oil tickets for their show in Darwin in October. That worked out ok. But adding airfare, hotel etc makes it a pretty high price of admission. They better play the set featuring head injuries, although red sails is more likely for Darwin I think.

Wow. .i thought Katamatite South to Hanging Rock for Springsteen was a trip.

Vets have the highest depression rate according to ABC Vic at 4.50pm yesterday of any Profession due to high costs and owners expectations.

Really?

It does kind of make sense actually. Most vets are pretty decent and care about animals.

I can definitely see that. I don't care what the cost i just want them fixed and that constant pressure on vets (like doctors) would be tough. Watching a family pet get put down is terrible.

Family pets are family members. Might not be human but they can communicate with us and spend their whole lives watching us, knowing what makes us tick and stuff and feeling as if we're all part of the same pack.

One of the most moving (heart wrenching really,) photos I ever saw was an old farmer from some third world bush plot saying goodbye to his only cow/bullock, the one he used to till his small patch of land for the last several decades. He obviously knew what lay in store for the animal too and you can see in the photo - he's holding it round the neck and obviously doesn't want to let it go, literally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really?

It does kind of make sense actually. Most vets are pretty decent and care about animals.

Absoutely. Nicole Chevastik was interviewimg a Vet and taking talk back and was talking about the costs involved in saving Pets and the pressure that results when they cant save the pet because the Owner hasnt got the ability to pay.

Absoutely. Nicole Chevastik was interviewimg a Vet and taking talk back and was talking about the costs involved in saving Pets and the pressure that results when they cant save the pet because the Owner hasnt got the ability to pay.

It'd be a prick of a job at times.

Our vet is good. They've given us credit and worked out plans that were very flexible when we needed them. Country vet tho.

Another time a mate was overseas and I was helping look after his dogs. Same vet had no problem booking everything up (tick medecine mostly) until my mate got home then giving him time to pay it off. But country vets have a little more flexibility cos most of their work is farm work and farmers usually keep their accounts up to date.

It'd be a prick of a job at times.

Our vet is good. They've given us credit and worked out plans that were very flexible when we needed them. Country vet tho.

Another time a mate was overseas and I was helping look after his dogs. Same vet had no problem booking everything up (tick medecine mostly) until my mate got home then giving him time to pay it off. But country vets have a little more flexibility cos most of their work is farm work and farmers usually keep their accounts up to date.

My experience is that country vets are more understanding of the cost pressures. I remain astounded at the fees Melbourne vets charge. They wouldn't stand a chance trying that on in most farming areas.

I also think that a lot of the vets these days are not as good in diagnosing things as the vets were going back 30/40/50 years. Today vets rely far too much on all sorts of tests, costing hideous amounts of money, to make a diagnosis, rather than in the old days, when vets diagnosed problems through close examination and observation of the animals symptoms and behaviour.

I went out last night and got totally Nicole.

Obscure rhyming slang ftw.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Geez..My dog Benaud is showing signs of kidney failure. Hes only 2. I just don't want to even think about what you guys have been through. I know I'll be a mess
Hopefully find out next week what the problem is . I do know I wont be prolonging anything if he's in pain

job interview tomorrow too. The timing could be better !

Aussie media...

How low can these bastards go? Shane F*ing bloody Jacobs. That little big shots show is almost there. Daughter-in-law of Samsquance (the missus) had it on. The only thing lower is the advertising for the upcoming show about the death of Michael Huchance. Give it a bloody rest you lot.

Aussie media...

How low can these bastards go? Shane F*ing bloody Jacobs. That little big shots show is almost there. Daughter-in-law of Samsquance (the missus) had it on. The only thing lower is the advertising for the upcoming show about the death of Michael Huchance. Give it a bloody rest you lot.
I don't mind Jacobsen.

By days end ....its Special Person Day.

See wat I mean?
Getting out of control. Political correctness everywhere. I listened to a ted talk the other day and a professor was suggesting that surveys/consent forms etc. need to have ~8 different genders. ******* 8. I understand 3, but 5 more?!

My partners high school now let's girls wear pants instead of shirts at stockings. Now I'm a leg guy and when i was in high school i would perve up a storm (discreetly of course). Now groin jnr won't be able to do the same.

In 20 years time we will all we wearing grey potato sacks and sex will be banned. George Orwell was right, he just got the year wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back