Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunno about you Gifo but I've been riding in this crap post midnight wearing shorts. The legs haven't been the concern on return to home though it's been the fingers, despite wearing gloves. It was so bad that last night I added disposable surgical gloves under the riding gloves. Christ it's been cold!

Broke a spoke this morning

Threw the whole wheel

Like the brakes were on with every rotation

Broke a spoke this morning

Threw the whole wheel

Like the brakes were on with every rotation

Ouch!

E-VmiFHuex-tYZUtr-3t4ckfLdSWj3Vo-zW7jzp1AMlxIgcjZH9SG4rUXa16e0kJjCHh8e0c=w320-h180-nc

Shoppers who leave shopping trolleys in car park spaces, around car parks or on inclines in car parks thinking they won’t roll; especially when the shopping trolley bays are a short walk away

Have had a car damaged in the past ($500 to have the panel) repaired and noticing it a few instances lately makes me sick

Shoppers who leave shopping trolleys in car park spaces, around car parks or on inclines in car parks thinking they won’t roll; especially when the shopping trolley bays are a short walk away

Have had a car damaged in the past ($500 to have the panel) repaired and noticing it a few instances lately makes me sick

Just came back from the supermarket, find a park in prime position, turn half way and see 3 trolleys in there. Meanwhile got cars banked up either side of me. GAGF

Just came back from the supermarket, find a park in prime position, turn half way and see 3 trolleys in there. Meanwhile got cars banked up either side of me. GAGF

Well that’s good to know that there is one individual in the world that this annoys

It doesn’t make sense. All these cars of expense and these heavy steel trolleys rolling about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/ne...e_to_BMW_caused_by_runaway_shopping_trolleys/

G.O in UK

$7000 Au damage...okies

Meanwhile in Melbourne...

September 6, 2017 11:07am
  • “Airport trolleys have brakes and so should supermarket trolleys,” Ms Sloan said.

“Trolleys can hurt or kill somebody,” she said.

“There are no signs up (at Coles) or a disclaimer when you take the trolley.”

The Brighton woman’s car insurance doesn't cover the damage, and she is likely liable for the Hyundai’s repairs.

“(But) the bottom line is, it was not my trolley, it belongs to Coles”

Coles insurer Wesfarmers told Ms Sloan the supermarket could not be held responsible for the action of customers.

“We do not consider that our client has acted negligently,” the August 18 letter read.

“We are sorry to hear of this incident, however in this instance we are unable to be of assistance in your claim for compensation.”

Ms Sloan replied to the letter.

“I asked “Can you tell me how I can secure a trolley while emptying it””, she said.

“I was as careful as I could have been.”

I agree with the above.☹also, people standing in the doorway at my local plaza, not going in or out, having a great time chatting, with people trying to go politely passed them to enter, or exit..... also.. hum... cars going round roundabouts, and not indicating they are turning until After they start turning. Happening a lot in my town lately.

I agree with the above.☹also, people standing in the doorway at my local plaza, not going in or out, having a great time chatting, with people trying to go politely passed them to enter, or exit..... also.. hum... cars going round roundabouts, and not indicating they are turning until After they start turning. Happening a lot in my town lately.

Smoking at the same time?

“Waite has always played that way, whether it was in Gippsland as a kid or as a teenager in Benalla where his mother Christine moved aftershe and Vin were divorced.“

Fwiw born Devonport

Devonport and our forward line ftw.

So here’s how to kill Big Footy

Offer something for free with Ads since for me 2002

Then in one week-

Enlarge ads to 25% of IPhone 8 page

Include a banner strip of Ads at bottom of every page

Add a pop up window offering Premium membership on EVERY page opened

So here’s how to kill Big Footy

Offer something for free with Ads since for me 2002

Then in one week-

Enlarge ads to 25% of IPhone 8 page

Include a banner strip of Ads at bottom of every page

Add a pop up window offering Premium membership on EVERY page opened
Shut up and buy a membership.

Brother-in-Law is from Adelaide.

Going through a roundabout to go straight ahead he indicates left to enter it as he has to go left to begin to go around it, right as he actually goes around it, then left again to exit.

I asked if anyone drives out in front of him thinking he is turning left, or if he has had any close shaves on the multi-lane roundabouts. "Oh yeah! All the time! You Victorians drivers are crazy!"

Not long after I did a defensive driving course and during the Q&A session with everyone at the end I put this forward. People were scoffing and didn't believe me but the coordinator asked immediately if he was from SA and just sighed and said with a laugh that "They do things a bit different over there"

Brother-in-Law is from Adelaide.

Going through a roundabout to go straight ahead he indicates left to enter it as he has to go left to begin to go around it, right as he actually goes around it, then left again to exit.

I asked if anyone drives out in front of him thinking he is turning left, or if he has had any close shaves on the multi-lane roundabouts. "Oh yeah! All the time! You Victorians drivers are crazy!"

Not long after I did a defensive driving course and during the Q&A session with everyone at the end I put this forward. People were scoffing and didn't believe me but the coordinator asked immediately if he was from SA and just sighed and said with a laugh that "They do things a bit different over there"
never seen it in Radelaide.

Got on a train this afternoon and as soon as I sat down my nostrils were assaulted by a stench that was like a cricket shirt found in a kit bag weeks after the days play. As I stood up to move I uttered "you stink", one of those moments the inner monologue comes out. He looked around and said "what did you say?" and before I could answer an elderly lady said "you stink, have a wash for goodness sakes". Going by how quickly he backed down, she can fight my battles any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back