Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dissecting Love actually.. never thought I'd see that on a footy site !

I hope we never see the day we cant celebrate and laugh at the differences between men and women, religions whatever. The differences are part of the kaleidoscope of life
Some of the stuff now has just reached idiotic proportions
Agreed. A world without laughter is a horrifying thought!

I don't care what age I am I hope to always find these sorts of things funny:

tenor.gif

83136946.gif

8c9e0859bdb5b528de2da4dd420e5ea3.gif

We do but the noise is always getting louder and louder and it's only a matter of time especially in today's climate.

Its not a matter of time. We'll all be dead of global warming before someone bans Christmas. FFS.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts...res-why/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1d399b78e2a4

Santa and the Easter bunny will be removed from schools in a few years I have no doubt.

The Fox bollox and the wapo article have nothing to do with the actual content of the Huffpost thing.

The Huffpo thing celebrates Rudolph and points out most of the other people in the story are arseholes.

If you didn't realise that when you first heard the story or song then i'm sorry but that level of stupidity deserves a Darwin award.

Please vasectamise yourself before you breed.

The Huffpost thing basically reaffirms the Rudolf story.

I you think about it - the story of Rudolph the red Nosed reindeer is the reason so many people are social justice warriors today.

Rudolph suffered a social injustice and we were all brainwashed from childhood to associate fighting that sort of social injustice with Christmas.

Fox News and all the other wingnuts hate this. They are the people who would make Rudolph wear a nose cover that looks like everyone else. They are the ones that don't want any one looking different pulling the sleigh, especially not some freak with a red nose.

So they invent a straw man about people hating Christmas to hide the fact that the Christmas message firmly rejects everything they stand for.

Stop believing what these campaigners write.

Its rotting your brains!!!

Last edited:
tl:dr

This is what the Huffington Post said:

Rudolph is a unique snowflake who is oppressed by the other, conformist, reindeer.

But its his unique snowflakeness that saves the day, despite all the microaggressions and bigotry that he suffers in the process.

Yay Rudolph.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

596720_d50e5d0630ebb7f6df6671fa8dd1435e.png

why on God's Green Earth did someone do that.

That's a disgrace. So disrespectful.

Seeing that makes me glad we have statues like the below to remind us of what actually happened that day....

IwoJima.jpg

The Fox bollox and the wapo article have nothing to do with the actual content of the Huffpost thing.

The Huffpo thing celebrates Rudolph and points out most of the other people in the story are arseholes.
rudolph-the-red-nosed-reindeer-my-favorite-holiday-song-about-9475133.png

43 degrees Sunday

I think my tomatoes will be red and ripe North Viking

I had to put up bird netting yesterday

Mina Birds appearing, like Rats with wings
Nice one on the tomatoes.
In regards to the birds I’ve put wind chimes and scarecrow type objects and have found that it works. I’ve got a big ugly metal butterfly (Xmas gift from years ago) strapped to a big sapped to a pole that looks like a big bird that I use. Seems to work. I think as long as there is some movement or noise it is enough to scare the birds off.

My tomatoes aren’t quite there. Guess it’s the little bit cooler weather we have here in melb. However the cucumbers are going off. Also the basil has done really well. We generally make pesto and freeze it as to not waste the basil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back