Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Viking tomatoes galore

3 of the 4 plants removed and done

Not much success with the larger tomatoes taste wise but the cherry tomatoes and Roma’s better tasting than the shops
Me larger ones failed as well.
My small ones have done ok. Not the best of season for me. 4 out of 6.
2 of them just went to flower. Must not have enough bees in the area....

Buy a small brush

Wat was the wash up of your great air conditioner debacle?

The whole thing was replaced at a discounted rate. Still had to fork out a few grand but labour costs were waived. Enjoying the heat on hols but especially so with the a/c working a treat inside for relief.

The whole thing was replaced at a discounted rate. Still had to fork out a few grand but labour costs were waived. Enjoying the heat on hols but especially so with the a/c working a treat inside for relief.

Update- 46 degrees here on Wednesday

Disappointing to hear old mate

I am having similar problems with Pumpkins...lots of flowers but only 1 Pumpkin..any tips?

I think I will put some Egg Plants in now; we have warm weather through to end of March so why not?

Why would this even exist?

Suppose its used a lot though, like "did you see Ben Jacobs Egg Plant Dangerfield"

Fair enough

It is used a lot. But not in the context you suggest (although, in a roundabout way ...)

The internet is your friend. Search "eggplant emoji".

Back to work tomorrow. Dont time just fly while your on holidays.
time-flies-gif.gif

Attachments

• 1547487325672.png
    1547487325672.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 90

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched Terminator 5. Talking about the year 2017
Watched Terminator 6. Talking about the year 2018

Well it's 2019 and nothing has happened. I'm not sure whether to be relieved, to thank John Connor and the resistance, or to keep my guard up just in case it's skynet trying to lure us all into a false sense of security.

I must admit to being a bit worried when I watched Terminator 5. I'm a man at the forefront of technology. So when I saw 'Genesis' in the movie and how it was software designed to connect machines together (phones, computers, defense force, etc.) imagine my shock when a light bulb went off in my head...
The internet of things is doing exactly that - machine to machine information (M2M). It gets worse. IOTA (a cryptocurrency trying to develop this M2M tech begun with...the 'Genesis transaction'. IOTA is partnered with Volkswagon...you know the same company Hitler supported and then cheated the emissions test...not exactly the types that have humans best interests in mind. Stay vigilant out there. If this is the last comment I make on big footy assume the worst. You could all be in danger if you've read this (just like in Terminator 3 when she was terminating everyone before they became leaders of the resistance).

1547530510188.png

Well, after taking almost 3 freaking hours to get home last night I am back on the I hate metro bandwagon. campaigners.

So, WTF do you call this you shitfer brains dipsticks??

It has an animated graphic that at best shows which direction trains are running in the loop. Everything else is useless. Screenshot_2019-01-15-16-47-31.jpg

It is years since I was in China, but in the cities they had graphic displays that showed the actual location of trains approaching, maybe from a kilometre up the track, along with a countdown timer that showed the exact seconds till your train would pull in. It then showed a timer so you could tell how long until the train would leave. Nobody ran because they knew exactly when the next train would arrive. They trusted the signs.

At ******* Flinders st the platform announcers don't even know which platform the train will come in on half the time. At Southern Cross it is a game of train-lotto if you want the Frankston line.

Dear metro. You are arses.

Well, after taking almost 3 freaking hours to get home last night I am back on the I hate metro bandwagon. campaigners.

So, WTF do you call this you shitfer brains dipsticks??

It has an animated graphic that at best shows which direction trains are running in the loop. Everything else is useless.View attachment 605506

It is years since I was in China, but in the cities they had graphic displays that showed the actual location of trains approaching, maybe from a kilometre up the track, along with a countdown timer that showed the exact seconds till your train would pull in. It then showed a timer so you could tell how long until the train would leave. Nobody ran because they knew exactly when the next train would arrive. They trusted the signs.

At ******* Flinders st the platform announcers don't even know which platform the train will come in on half the time. At Southern Cross it is a game of train-lotto if you want the Frankston line.

Dear metro. You are arses.

Been on London, Paris and Hong Kong Undergrounds

No problems

Our City Loop...………...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back