Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve just recently moved back to Victoria, and I must say I’m sick and tired of the Victorian media whinging about the weather. Yes, it is hot - that’s summer, but the way they carry on, you’d think they we’re the only state where the temps reach 40 degrees for one day at a time 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄. I’m just so over it.

I’ve just recently moved back to Victoria, and I must say I’m sick and tired of the Victorian media whinging about the weather. Yes, it is hot - that’s summer, but the way they carry on, you’d think they we’re the only state where the temps reach 40 degrees for one day at a time 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄. I’m just so over it.

Fast fwd 7 months and it will be how about the coldest day of the year

I’ve just recently moved back to Victoria, and I must say I’m sick and tired of the Victorian media whinging about the weather. Yes, it is hot - that’s summer, but the way they carry on, you’d think they we’re the only state where the temps reach 40 degrees for one day at a time . I’m just so over it.

I personally can’t stand how people from outside Victoria use the sensationalism of said mainstream media as a guide to how the actual residents of the place feel.

Ignore them.

Tune into Sunrise and Today each morning and they have some sort of sensationalistic headline re weather in a portion of the country, “with reporters on the ground” to hype it up and with follow up interviews with emergency service chiefs to ram it right home.

It’s been going on for years.

I personally can’t stand how people from outside Victoria use the sensationalism of said mainstream media as a guide to how the actual residents of the place feel.

Ignore them.

Tune into Sunrise and Today each morning and they have some sort of sensationalistic headline re weather in a portion of the country, “with reporters on the ground” to hype it up and with follow up interviews with emergency service chiefs to ram it right home.

It’s been going on for years.
Sadly it will only get worse.

"look everyone...the world is dying. It's getting hotter, more fires etc. pay this tax so we can fix it for you" o_O

I'm almost at the point of walking away if someone begins a conversation about the weather.

giphy.gif

Managed to log in ok now after a couple of misses so that seems fine. Hate the new layout. Too much white space, crap font and seems to take more space for less words if you know what I mean.
But maybe its just a case of getting used to the changes. I got to like the last layout but this one will really test me.
At least that awfull side bar is gonesky.

what is the go with people not understanding 12 items or less when purchasing groceries. if I go to coles or woolies to get some items, I want to get out of there as quickly as possible. so when I go to the counter where it says 12 items or less, I expect people in front of me not to have a full trolleys worth of items. I can handle a couple of items above the 12 but a trolley load, no thanks. and of course it always happens when the 12 items or less counter is the only one open. I also avoid using the self service area as I would rather interact with a human instead of listening to a computer telling me for the fifth time I need to take the goods off the loading area as I am stumbling to get the money ready for payment. rant over.

what is the go with people not understanding 12 items or less when purchasing groceries. if I go to coles or woolies to get some items, I want to get out of there as quickly as possible. so when I go to the counter where it says 12 items or less, I expect people in front of me not to have a full trolleys worth of items. I can handle a couple of items above the 12 but a trolley load, no thanks. and of course it always happens when the 12 items or less counter is the only one open. I also avoid using the self service area as I would rather interact with a human instead of listening to a computer telling me for the fifth time I need to take the goods off the loading area as I am stumbling to get the money ready for payment. rant over.
Combination of literally no one important caring to check and no one opening up other checkout registers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i bought a bag of frozen peas in that line, had to be numreds of the little things in there,

Vale Jimmy Hannan (84 years old)
Underrated star of his era. Excellent all rounder - TV, radio, cabaret - genuine star of Australian entertainment. Career cut short by a stroke in the 80s. Vale Jimmy - great memories.

Gee......the forum finally has a 21st century update finally.

Only need to fix the bold kerning and size on the forum topic titles as they're a little awful on the eyes.

BTW.....I have been working on my 'have' with could and should. Doing a lot better now. I'll probably slip from time to time but the reprogramming has been working.

Chief can you put the body of the message colour to maybe a gray in dark theme (maybe around #c8c8c8)? White is a little too hard on the eyes. And maybe add some more margin on the signature and padding from the HR in the sign.

BTW.....I have been working on my 'have' with could and should. Doing a lot better now. I'll probably slip from time to time but the reprogramming has been working.
You should of been doing that since primary school. No excuses.

:)

Actually, isn't it sposta be shoulda anyway?

Last edited:
Chief can you put the body of the message colour to maybe a gray in dark theme (maybe around #c8c8c8)? White is a little too hard on the eyes. And maybe add some more margin on the signature and padding from the HR in the sign.
"Body of the message colour"?

Do you mean background colour on the message box?

"White is a little too hard on the eyes"?

Which element is white? The text?

I have brightened the font colour because people (Final Siren) said it was not bright enough.

I will have a look and see what the design literature says on dark themes. Again, I think it looks horrendous but people seem to like the dark style.

Post feedback here:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...t-issues-and-feedback-in-here-please.1210710/

"Body of the message colour"?

Do you mean background colour on the message box?

"White is a little too hard on the eyes"?

Which element is white? The text?

I have brightened the font colour because people (Final Siren) said it was not bright enough.

I will have a look and see what the design literature says on dark themes. Again, I think it looks horrendous but people seem to like the dark style.

Post feedback here:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...t-issues-and-feedback-in-here-please.1210710/

Do you think this Thread is a laff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back