Status
Not open for further replies.

chugginon

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2009
Victoria Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Because I am old.. but can still remember/ I was remembering the old dial up internet from about 12 or 13 years ago. Tied up the phone... and the noises . screech... . haha. So much better these days, but while playing games on the internet, no one could ring and interrupt the game . :cool:Anyone else remember that?

Because I am old.. but can still remember/ I was remembering the old dial up internet from about 12 or 13 years ago. Tied up the phone... and the noises . screech... . haha. So much better these days, but while playing games on the internet, no one could ring and interrupt the game . :cool:Anyone else remember that?
Pretty sure if someone rang it disconnected the Internet.
I'd do the old *10# or whatever it was to find out the last missed number, then give them hell for interrupting my net session.

chugginon

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2009
Victoria Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pretty sure if someone rang it disconnected the Internet.
I'd do the old *10# or whatever it was to find out the last missed number, then give them hell for interrupting my net session.
yes, you are right re the internet being disconnected. Just remembered that... because it took a few tries sometimes to disconnect , then the caller.. "gee , you can talk on the phone" uhh noo.. just playing games:D:D

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
That would make us grumpy now.....

It made me Grumpy then. My mate was in the City on super fast speeds for the time and I was in the bush on a 28kps Modem. Two or three 1mb files and your email was locked for 4/5 hours

So what?

Email 20 years ago was the Social Media of the day...

..,now it’s gone the same way as my physical mail box.... full of junk mail!

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
yesterday i had a visit from a couple of old friends,

so i promptly got up on the roof and got rid of the egg and stood guard with plastic rake in hand for about half an hour, bloody mongrels were persistent, once it looked like they had flown the coup i got down and got on with a few things i had in progress. then about an hour later they were circling again and landing on the roof, so i got up for another 20 mins or so with the trusty rake, they seem to have gotten the message now, no more khaaa khaaa khaaa khaaa noises today.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
yesterday i had a visit from a couple of old friends,

so i promptly got up on the roof and got rid of the egg and stood guard with plastic rake in hand for about half an hour, bloody mongrels were persistent, once it looked like they had flown the coup i got down and got on with a few things i had in progress. then about an hour later they were circling again and landing on the roof, so i got up for another 20 mins or so with the trusty rake, they seem to have gotten the message now, no more khaaa khaaa khaaa khaaa noises today.
The brilliant Gasometer owl will do the trick.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Go to the bottom of the previous page. Then, the OP on page one by Gasso. He loves the owl.

But it worked for me. I just printed a picture and stuck it on the window with blue-tac.

My Owl is in Woofs yard with its ears chewed off...

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
plus it will be spring soon... grumpy again because i just got back from holidays, heaps of stuff to do before i go back to work, big tree fell over the fence that needs to be cleared and fence fixed, just spent the last 2 hours fixing the fan in the gas heater that was seized. now notice one of the ducts is crushed where the cat has been sleeping ,wear and tear on the caravan that happened over the last 2 and a half thousand Kms including spare wheel that fell off somewhere between gundaguy and henty and the the tv antenna that self distructed half way alond the darling river track... grrr....

It just took me 30 minutes to find this thread. I thought we had either done our block and cleared off, or got so old and grumpy we not here anymore .Hmm.

Once upon a time it would have taken you 30 minutes to view it.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Running out of stuff

The last squirts out of a can of Fly Spray and you got 3 Dunny Budgies to kill

The last tin of Woof food

The last garbage bag

All those things you think you have plenty of but don’t restock up on and the nek minits you have none left

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Running out of stuff

The last squirts out of a can of Fly Spray and you got 3 Dunny Budgies to kill

The last tin of Woof food

The last garbage bag

All those things you think you have plenty of but don’t restock up on and the nek minits you have none left

pardon my ignorance Gaso, but whats a dunny budgie ?

is it that bad in your Dunny that you have a Canary as a safety warning ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back