Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wraps - are they the most over hyped crap ever? Thin, often stale pizza base rolled too thin, that fall to bits as soon as you bite it.
I agree GK. Like the bread choices in trendy racist cafes. You want brown, seeded, 5 seeds, linseed and oats, sourdough, spelt flour, multigrain, rye, whole wheat, gluton free............ummmmm, white please. White? Oh, we don't do white. Racists. Never go back.

Hand held piece of s**t trimmer

It needs a service I suppose
Misread your above post.

I've got a Ryobi battery powered trimmer, very happy with it. In fact, I've got quite a few of the Ryobi battery operated tools and they're more than serviceable for your average weekend warrior. Can't go wrong with the extended six year warranty - I've only ever had to call on it with one of the tools and Bunnings replaced it on the spot.

Got the cordless hammer drill a few weeks ago and it's really impressive, as much torque as my corded Bosch drill.

When are winning our next premiership again?
I was told in 2009 that things can turn around pretty quickly. I suppose that's what the Captain of the Titanic thought as well.

20 years since a GF appearance.

1 competitive Prelim Final appearance in 20 years...…..

It hurts when people label us as "irrelevant" because it is starting to become fact, rather than opinion.

I've had an absolute gut-ful of watching finals footy without participating in it.

And seriously, are we going to threaten the top 8 next year??? Sure, a new coach helps, but that doesn't help our lack of leg speed, lack of run & carry, and lack of a quality small forward.

2020 - another finish between 9th & 14th - that's what I'm expecting. We'll win a few games, whinge about a lack of respect from the media & then as soon as we get it, fall apart for a month & then need to rebound to gain some credibility again. And the beat goes on and on......

Are senior players such as Higgins, Cunners, Goldy, J Mac etc. really burning at the moment thinking about how they'll approach next year to stop the rot & take our club into September? I doubt it. I really do.

Younger than the usual but grumpy at heart;

Hayfever is bull… faeces

Shopping Trolleys and people all over the store in shopping centre, we need a nationwide rule system or I will run people over more often

People who don’t use indicators

Roundabout (I’m Perth based but grew up in regional WA – city has NFI about them)

Trade week being over a week…

No North Premiership for more than 20 years

Younger than the usual but grumpy at heart;

Hayfever is bull… faeces

Shopping Trolleys and people all over the store in shopping centre, we need a nationwide rule system or I will run people over more often

People who don’t use indicators

Roundabout (I’m Perth based but grew up in regional WA – city has NFI about them)

Trade week being over a week…

No North Premiership for more than 20 years

Anything else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the risk of getting into trouble with this, but also might lift the grumpy mood, here we go.

And for those whose preference may lie elsewhere

Yes. I'm goddamn sick of going to places like that for breakfast/brunch.

Spending 15 minutes reading everything. using a process of elimination because it'll sound good but then randomly some bullshit is added to make it sound hipster.

Thank christ 90% of them have scrambled eggs on toast as the fallback. I still shudder at the thought of paying $12-19 for something I could have whipped up at home. The other 10% - "do you have have any scones left?" ...."no sorry we sold out"..."at 7am?"..."I'll ask the chef if a new batch is coming"..."sorry they're unsure because 99% of chefs are campaigners that think they're too important to answer a simple ******* question"

Fine. I'll ******* have a juice. Orange juice is $7 for a 250mL bottle. Fine I'll sit here and drink the free water while my wife curses me for being a cheap and fussy campaigner. Cheap - yes. Fussy - no. I have principles dammit.

At the risk of getting into trouble with this, but also might lift the grumpy mood, here we go.

What ? No Mrs. Hoju ?

No Errol Flynn or Jim Morrison in the mens top 50.
Poor research there.

Last edited:

1. Natalie Portman
2. Miranda Kerr
3. Margot Robbie

Close down list. Always the same s**t. Post photos of people that are no longer relevant or have aged significantly from the current photos. Add in random ugly women like Emma Stone and Kat Dennings...Kate Dennings at number 11. Jesus.

Fine. I'll ******* have a juice. Orange juice is $7 for a 250mL bottle. Fine I'll sit here and drink the free water while my wife curses me for being a cheap and fussy campaigner. Cheap - yes. Fussy - no. I have principles dammit.

i pretty much did that at a cafe in england a couple of years ago, the woman then said to me its our policy that everyone who sits at the table must buy something, i was sitting with my wife , mother inlawand one of her friends, given there was a pub across the road i didnt need much more encouragement than that to leave. dont think it earnt me to many points with either the proprireter or the wife and her inlaws though.

i pretty much did that at a cafe in england a couple of years ago, the woman then said to me its our policy that everyone who sits at the table must buy something, i was sitting with my wife , mother inlawand one of her friends, given there was a pub across the road i didnt need much more encouragement than that to leave. dont think it earnt me to many points with either the proprireter or the wife and her inlaws though.
In my experience, you can't win either way.

If you rolled over you come across as weak and a pushover.

You stand up for your principles and you're stubborn and "just being stupid"

When given the choice I'll take number 2. At least I still get to keep my dignity :$

Oh i won on that day GG, trust me drinking a pint of old speckled hen by ones self trumps sitting at a table bored with 3 woman arguing over who knows what any day of the week, even factoring in the blowback afterwards. meanwhile Missus insists on watching poirot rather than towies on tv, then 10mins later goes to bed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back