Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing to hear old mate

I am having similar problems with Pumpkins...lots of flowers but only 1 Pumpkin..any tips?

I think I will put some Egg Plants in now; we have warm weather through to end of March so why not?

Yes, pumpkins are hideous.

I see Melbourne is 26 today

We are pushing 45 which would be the hottest day ever with 30 tipped at 9pm

Everybody like Cold Soup!

Stay out of the shed today. Temps beyond 50C are dangerous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what is the go with people not understanding 12 items or less when purchasing groceries. if I go to coles or woolies to get some items, I want to get out of there as quickly as possible. so when I go to the counter where it says 12 items or less, I expect people in front of me not to have a full trolleys worth of items. I can handle a couple of items above the 12 but a trolley load, no thanks. and of course it always happens when the 12 items or less counter is the only one open. I also avoid using the self service area as I would rather interact with a human instead of listening to a computer telling me for the fifth time I need to take the goods off the loading area as I am stumbling to get the money ready for payment. rant over.
I've always wanted flashing lights and sirens to go off when someone goes through with more items than specified and the transaction being cancelled.

The selfish *ers would soon learn.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Look I am as patient as anyone but what would be an acceptable amount of attempts you should be afforded when trying to reverse into a spare car park at the shopping center? I am happy to give someone up to five attempts (i think that is reasonable) but when you start getting into double figures and are no closer to when you first started, I think it is time you realize you are not going to make it and move on.

I could deal with people using the (non) word "versing" when said people were children only; I could politely tell them that "versing" is not a word and they would hopefully get the message. Like a plague, it is becoming common usage amongst adults, including several media types (annoying flog Scott Tweedie I am looking at you). It is doing my tiny mind in.

Look I am as patient as anyone but what would be an acceptable amount of attempts you should be afforded when trying to reverse into a spare car park at the shopping center? I am happy to give someone up to five attempts (i think that is reasonable) but when you start getting into double figures and are no closer to when you first started, I think it is time you realize you are not going to make it and move on.
3 attempts or move on.

Also if people are afraid to drive past a moving tram do not block the left lane. Keep out of the way so others can drive past. If you choose to drive a ridiculous sized people mover it comes at a cost.

* you guys. You got me started.

How much effort is involved in using indicators? Hardly even requires though - for those of us who have evolved.

And then there are the drivers who speed up approaching pedestrian crossings.

And that bastard who took out the entire right hand side of my car - every panel and door gouged - trying to park at Frankston station. I do not like you. You could have left a note on my windshield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back