Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
GRM, Williams
Fellow old grumpies, I’ve had a s**t of a year. Separated from my wife after 22 years. She took me to court midway through trying to agree the asset split. Represented myself as I refused to play the game by hiring a lawyer. All sorted out now but it took months. Kids were upset. One now lives with me and the other lives with her Mum. Not ideal.

Anyway it’s been nearly a year and not even a hint of interest from any ladies at all. I’m 50 very soon. Then, out of the blue, I’ve started dating a much younger Colombian woman. She had a terrible time with her ex-husband (Essendon supporter). This magnificent woman has now offered to ceremonially burn her Essendon gear. And last night, without being prompted at all, she had an idea to wear nothing but my North guernsey the next time we’re intimate.

This is not made up. There is a God.

Fellow old grumpies, I’ve had a s**t of a year. Separated from my wife after 22 years. She took me to court midway through trying to agree the asset split. Represented myself as I refused to play the game by hiring a lawyer. All sorted out now but it took months. Kids were upset. One now lives with me and the other lives with her Mum. Not ideal.

Anyway it’s been nearly a year and not even a hint of interest from any ladies at all. I’m 50 very soon. Then, out of the blue, I’ve started dating a much younger Colombian woman. She had a terrible time with her ex-husband (Essendon supporter). This magnificent woman has now offered to ceremonially burn her Essendon gear. And last night, without being prompted at all, she had an idea to wear nothing but my North guernsey the next time we’re intimate.

I think that deserves an attaboy.

Attaboy.

Colombian - Essendon - I get the link. I suspect some were on the Colombian marching powder.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Dr Phil says hi

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Oh damn. How are you doing, Mr Pritchett?

Jesus, what a comeback story Dodec. That’s like walking into the club with Magda Szubanski and walking out with Margot Robbie!

Deepest sympathy for the kid situation though mate. That’d kill me!

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Merge thread with membership thread, Rd 1 thread, commentary and media thread?! Anymore? Geebus.

WayneShimmiesTheBush

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but if I walk out of a shop and I see someone is about to walk in, so I hold the door open for them, is it asking too much to get a courteous thank you? I know if it was me walking in and someone held the door open, I will always say thank you. it really isn't that hard to do so.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Look I am as patient as anyone but what would be an acceptable amount of attempts you should be afforded when trying to reverse into a spare car park at the shopping center? I am happy to give someone up to five attempts (i think that is reasonable) but when you start getting into double figures and are no closer to when you first started, I think it is time you realize you are not going to make it and move on.
I look out onto this type of car park, and I'd like to go one step further:

If you can't reverse park a small hatchback (Suzuki Swift, Nissan Micra, Hyundai i20, et al), then it is time to hand in your licence.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but if I walk out of a shop and I see someone is about to walk in, so I hold the door open for them, is it asking too much to get a courteous thank you? I know if it was me walking in and someone held the door open, I will always say thank you. it really isn't that hard to do so.

In 2019...umm sadly yes

Mate, you really get this thread.

I mean, you just absolutely get it. :thumbsu:

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bloody Congratulations Google Winner pop up won’t stop.

Tried all the fixes given on the interweb but nothing working. Any ideas? It’s only on this site that it happens on.
And I thought it was just me getting this. Chief can you do anything to stop there god forsaken popups. The ads are one thing, but fake congratulations you are a winner messages should be limited to gold coast, Fremantle, GWS, Carlton and St kilda followers only.

Tried all the fixes given on the interweb but nothing working. Any ideas? It’s only on this site that it happens on.
Wow - what did you win?

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

I mentioned it in the Married at First Sight Thread on Sunday purely to get some attention about it in a big posting thread...lots replied bitching about it and someone tagged Chief into it

I mentioned it in the Married at First Sight Thread on Sunday purely to get some attention about it in a big posting thread...lots replied bitching about it and someone tagged Chief into it
There’s a Married at first sight thread? FMD what have we become? It’s bad enough people watch that s**t but to talk about it on an online forum is pathetic.

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That’s like when driving down a narrow street, you pull over to the side so a car coming the other way can get past easily. And then NOT getting a thank you wave!
I always give out thank you waves and I expect them back quite frankly.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That’s like when driving down a narrow street, you pull over to the side so a car coming the other way can get past easily. And then NOT getting a thank you wave!
I always give out thank you waves and I expect them back quite frankly.
I did school pickup twice last week. *. Just *!!!! Those school Moms are ******* useless drivers. And taking them on at their home ground was just ******* stupid of me.

Last edited:
And I thought it was just me getting this. Chief can you do anything to stop there god forsaken popups. The ads are one thing, but fake congratulations you are a winner messages should be limited to gold coast, Fremantle, GWS, Carlton and St kilda followers only.
I tried clearing my cache and deleting my history but didn’t do anything
So annoying
This website has gone to s**t this year
I don’t want to have to stop using bigfooty because it’s a virus haven
It’s 2019 ffs

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
There’s a Married at first sight thread? FMD what have we become? It’s bad enough people watch that s**t but to talk about it on an online forum is pathetic.

11k odd posts, 400 pages since Jan 2019

Our closest equivalent is the Random III Thread with 10k posts that was created in Sept .....2016

It’s the biggest thread on BF atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back