Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s like when driving down a narrow street, you pull over to the side so a car coming the other way can get past easily. And then NOT getting a thank you wave!
I always give out thank you waves and I expect them back quite frankly.
It used to be the done thing. Now you rarely get them.

I guess people are just too busy rushing homevti catch MAFS.....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

That’s like when driving down a narrow street, you pull over to the side so a car coming the other way can get past easily. And then NOT getting a thank you wave!

Still happens in the Bush

You City people are hopeless

It's only going to get worse in the future as every second street in inner and middle suburban Melbourne is now full of multiple dwellings on previously single dwelling blocks. None of these have adequate off street parking. Throw speed humps and chicanes into the mix and it's almost impossible to get down your average suburban street without having to give way to someone driving in the opposite direction.

On a brighter note, I was driving a couple of weeks back and let an older lady merge into traffic ahead of me and she rolled down her window and waved a home made "Thank You" sign on a stick. True story.

And last night, without being prompted at all, she had an idea to wear nothing but my North guernsey the next time we’re intimate.
I note you haven't posted since. Hoping the North themed intimacy wasn't too much for your almost 50 year old ticker :thumbsu:

It's only going to get worse in the future as every second street in inner and middle suburban Melbourne is now full of multiple dwellings on previously single dwelling blocks. None of these have adequate off street parking. Throw speed humps and chicanes into the mix and it's almost impossible to get down your average suburban street without having to give way to someone driving in the opposite direction.

On a brighter note, I was driving a couple of weeks back and let an older lady merge into traffic ahead of me and she rolled down her window and waved a home made "Thank You" sign on a stick. True story.
My street is a popular parking area for a train station and also a popular throughway for cars going between two major-ish roads. So only wide enough for one car most of the time. Occasionally I'll pull into the parking spot outside my house and * everything up for someone who thought they were going to be able to sneak through ahead of the oncoming cars. Leads to a deadlocked standoff with swearing, gesticulating and eventually awkward reversing. It's glorious.

My street is a popular parking area for a train station and also a popular throughway for cars going between two major-ish roads. So only wide enough for one car most of the time. Occasionally I'll pull into the parking spot outside my house and **** everything up for someone who thought they were going to be able to sneak through ahead of the oncoming cars. Leads to a deadlocked standoff with swearing, gesticulating and eventually awkward reversing. It's glorious.
We must be in the same neighbourhood. Last week an old fella in his car and a young fella in his truck had a full on standoff on such a street. Went on for ages, with passers by getting involved in attempted trouble shooting. Even the twitterati were filming. Great drama. Good to know you were behind it RZ...

We must be in the same neighbourhood. Last week an old fella in his car and a young fella in his truck had a full on standoff on such a street. Went on for ages, with passers by getting involved in attempted trouble shooting. Even the twitterati were filming. Great drama. Good to know you were behind it RZ...
FFS - who won? Can't just tell half the story.

Someone waved at me last year after I let them through so I did a u-turn and drove on after them. I shepherded him off the road, dragged him out of his car and asked him what the hell his problem was. Said he was "just waving to say thank you". I was shocked. I patted his jacket and apologised. I was so shocked that someone did something nice that I didn't know how to react.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see the Google Win Ad is fixed

Not

Anywho it’s that time of the year when it’s dark in the mornings and drivers think it’s a good idea to ride towards Bike Riders with high beams on

Really especially loving the 4WD drivers who use the floodlights

Must be hard seeing me with my main bike light, two tiny strobe flashers down the forks and the reflective gear

But yeh, high beams it is!

Good to see the Google Win Ad is fixed

Not

Anywho it’s that time of the year when it’s dark in the mornings and drivers think it’s a good idea to ride towards Bike Riders with high beams on

Really especially loving the 4WD drivers who use the floodlights

Must be hard seeing me with my main bike light, two tiny strobe flashers down the forks and the reflective gear

But yeh, high beams it is!

It's the lycra shorts and freshly shaved legs. Dazzles them.

And bloody snowing out your way!
in the hills, indeed it is...
camera1.jpg

Twinkletoes you getting high beamed?

Only while walking around town on hot days, ifyaknowwhatImean.

Haven’t been able to ride the bike more than twice for months Gifo due to physical issues which include pain and swelling to both hands and sets of fingers, rendering it an impossible task to hold the handlebars. F***ing shitting me!

Haven’t been able to ride the bike more than twice for months Gifo due to physical issues which include pain and swelling to both hands and sets of fingers, rendering it an impossible task to hold the handlebars. F***ing shitting me!
That would happen to me during school holidays. Parents would be at work all day so I'd just chill out on the couch. Flicking through foxtel and all of a sudden 'Cruel intentions' comes on. Sarah Michelle Gellar would induce all sorts of pain and swelling both pre and post. After the Christmas break I was so low on testosterone. All my friends said I looked more beta than alpha which to me was a terrible insult. The only positive was my hair had so much volume and bounce. Within a week or so I was back to normal with my barrel chest returning as well as my vice like grip - I never spilled a rebound in basketball or dropped a mark in school footy.

You'll be back to normal in no time TT. :thumbsu:

That would happen to me during school holidays. Parents would be at work all day so I'd just chill out on the couch. Flicking through foxtel and all of a sudden 'Cruel intentions' comes on. Sarah Michelle Gellar would induce all sorts of pain and swelling both pre and post. After the Christmas break I was so low on testosterone. All my friends said I looked more beta than alpha which to me was a terrible insult. The only positive was my hair had so much volume and bounce. Within a week or so I was back to normal with my barrel chest returning as well as my vice like grip - I never spilled a rebound in basketball or dropped a mark in school footy.

Is this about the high beams (ifyaknowwhatImean) or swollen hands (ithinkyaknowwhatImean)?

Last edited:

...eerie...I could swear this sounds like a Zondor post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back