Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Only while walking around town on hot days, ifyaknowwhatImean.

Haven’t been able to ride the bike more than twice for months Gifo due to physical issues which include pain and swelling to both hands and sets of fingers, rendering it an impossible task to hold the handlebars. F***ing shitting me!

Well that’s disappointing

Is it your arrangement on the seat or physical stuff separate?

Well that’s disappointing

Is it your arrangement on the seat or physical stuff separate?

Two different autoimmune diseases, with the latest being diagnosed earlier this year. Quite apt for this thread is the fact several different medicos said “well you are over 50 now” as if that’s some magical age when everything self combusts. The pain is full on and the drugs which helped I can no longer take as I have further follow up tests coming which cannot be influenced by anti inflammatory drugs. So I’m getting on with things and doing a reasonable job of faking perfect health until I get the green light to resume the good gear, and hopefully resume riding.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Two different autoimmune diseases, with the latest being diagnosed earlier this year. Quite apt for this thread is the fact several different medicos said “well you are over 50 now” as if that’s some magical age when everything self combusts. The pain is full on and the drugs which helped I can no longer take as I have further follow up tests coming which cannot be influenced by anti inflammatory drugs. So I’m getting on with things and doing a reasonable job of faking perfect health until I get the green light to resume the good gear, and hopefully resume riding.

Gee that’s not good

Yeh turning middle age is traumatic; every bump growth illness watever medical becomes one where you can see the Grim Reaper putting his fingers on your door handle

Well according to Dr Google that is.

Is anyone watching 360? WTF is with Gary Lyon and his pant/sock situation? How old is that bastard? Surely he should act his age, and lay off the pastries while he is at it. Not to mention the red slippers, nice choice Dorothy. Hide your wrinkly ankles, people gave you s**t last year it wasn't a good look then and it still isn't.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tonight, my disabled pensioner neigbour knocked on the door, stressed out that his phone is not working ever since he was connected to the NBN.

Despite the time, I went over to check his place out to see if I could work out why the phone wasn't working. He has never had any kind of internet connection, and only requires a telephone for making / receiving calls (in my opinion, he should be a medical priority but that's not a necessary point for this scenario).

The guy has an acquired brain injury, and his partner spends more time in hospital than at home due to very poor health and a terminal illness.

In his kitchen, his old phone was on the bench instead of on the wall, plugged into a Telstra voice extender. Slight side tone, but no dial tone.

His other phone is in the spare room. It was plugged into the back of a Telstra Arcadian smart modem (with an ADSL line filter), which was plugged into the wall (with no ADSL line filter). No sign of an FTTC NCD.

The neigbour said his phone wasn't working since the Telstra bloke came around last Tuesday to set up the NBN for him, but it was OK before that. He showed me a card that the Telstra bloke left, with his name and number on it (and he was wearing a Telstra logo t-shirt apparently).

Telstra bloke says that there is a line fault out in the street so he needs to get somebody to fix it. He left the place, taking the NBN NCD with him, and with a non-working service (that had been working up until the time he set foot in the door).

The Telstra modem had the blue mobile light glowing, so it was strange in my opinion that he couldn't make calls via the fall back to mobile service that it's capable of.

Anyway, when I checked, his premises service class is SC33 (ready for NBN), so it seems that the Telstra bloke didn't get a working connection to the NBN.

So, I plugged the phone back into the wall socket without the Telstra smart modem in the circuit, and hey presto, dial tone. Test calls to and from my mobile worked.

The kitchen phone won't work using the voice extender of course, without the the Telstra smart modem it connects to and when I plugged the phone in the kitchen back into its original socket it had no tone at all. According to the neigbour the Telstra bloke took the wall plate off and cut all the wires behind it. I have no idea if that's true or not, but the lack of dial tone suggests it might be.

Anyway, I have convinced him that he's not (yet) connected to the NBN until that NBN box is actually installed.

When the NBN is connected, he won't be wanting the Internet, and already one of the other neigbours has told him to get off the old style premium plan he's currently paying $$$ to Telstra for and onto a Telstra Home Essential Plan to save come money. I looked at his bill, and he's paying $70 – $90 per month just for calls, plus his line rental – I think he'd be better off on a plan that gives him a useless (to him) 100GB per month, but includes all calls if there is a pensioner discount that he's eligible for as that would probably be less than he's paying now.

Or a mobile with unlimited calls like the Aldi $99 per year. He'd be WAY in front with that.

Just needed to vent :S

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Tonight, my disabled pensioner neigbour knocked on the door, stressed out that his phone is not working ever since he was connected to the NBN.

Despite the time, I went over to check his place out to see if I could work out why the phone wasn't working. He has never had any kind of internet connection, and only requires a telephone for making / receiving calls (in my opinion, he should be a medical priority but that's not a necessary point for this scenario).

The guy has an acquired brain injury, and his partner spends more time in hospital than at home due to very poor health and a terminal illness.

In his kitchen, his old phone was on the bench instead of on the wall, plugged into a Telstra voice extender. Slight side tone, but no dial tone.

His other phone is in the spare room. It was plugged into the back of a Telstra Arcadian smart modem (with an ADSL line filter), which was plugged into the wall (with no ADSL line filter). No sign of an FTTC NCD.

The neigbour said his phone wasn't working since the Telstra bloke came around last Tuesday to set up the NBN for him, but it was OK before that. He showed me a card that the Telstra bloke left, with his name and number on it (and he was wearing a Telstra logo t-shirt apparently).

Telstra bloke says that there is a line fault out in the street so he needs to get somebody to fix it. He left the place, taking the NBN NCD with him, and with a non-working service (that had been working up until the time he set foot in the door).

The Telstra modem had the blue mobile light glowing, so it was strange in my opinion that he couldn't make calls via the fall back to mobile service that it's capable of.

Anyway, when I checked, his premises service class is SC33 (ready for NBN), so it seems that the Telstra bloke didn't get a working connection to the NBN.

So, I plugged the phone back into the wall socket without the Telstra smart modem in the circuit, and hey presto, dial tone. Test calls to and from my mobile worked.

The kitchen phone won't work using the voice extender of course, without the the Telstra smart modem it connects to and when I plugged the phone in the kitchen back into its original socket it had no tone at all. According to the neigbour the Telstra bloke took the wall plate off and cut all the wires behind it. I have no idea if that's true or not, but the lack of dial tone suggests it might be.

Anyway, I have convinced him that he's not (yet) connected to the NBN until that NBN box is actually installed.

When the NBN is connected, he won't be wanting the Internet, and already one of the other neigbours has told him to get off the old style premium plan he's currently paying $$$ to Telstra for and onto a Telstra Home Essential Plan to save come money. I looked at his bill, and he's paying $70 – $90 per month just for calls, plus his line rental – I think he'd be better off on a plan that gives him a useless (to him) 100GB per month, but includes all calls if there is a pensioner discount that he's eligible for as that would probably be less than he's paying now.

Or a mobile with unlimited calls like the Aldi $99 per year. He'd be WAY in front with that.

Just needed to vent :S

You are a good person

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
NBN is a serious farce, I have it connected directly into my home. I pay extra for the speed upgrade. If 2 or more people in our household are using Internet especially in peak times then it becomes a s**t fight. Our home phone has suffered from unexplained outages heaps of times since NBN was connected. Luckily we hardly ever rely on it. Basically only gets used when the oldies call or when 'Shane' or 'Jennifer' from Indian call centres ring trying to sell you solar panels or try to bluff you into some ATO scam etc.

NBN is a serious farce, I have it connected directly into my home. I pay extra for the speed upgrade. If 2 or more people in our household are using Internet especially in peak times then it becomes a s**t fight. Our home phone has suffered from unexplained outages heaps of times since NBN was connected. Luckily we hardly ever rely on it. Basically only gets used when the oldies call or when 'Shane' or 'Jennifer' from Indian call centres ring trying to sell you solar panels or try to bluff you into some ATO scam etc.
What type of connection?

Who's your RSP?

One suave *

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Had fibre to the node coming up 3 years and can’t fault NBN

Unlimited downloads and last time I checked something like 30mbps download speed in the evenings

No problem with 3 devices running at a time including 2 Netflix at same time

Could it be better? Probably but it works well enough considering everything

That sucks. Hope they sort it out quickly.

RE. NBN problems, dudes have been in my area for the last month or so accessing manholes and doing i know not what, but the bloke in my court had full protective gear on, including helmet and facemask. Seems they accidentally cut the cable that runs Foxtel so no service for nearly 48 hours.

Upside is that after calling Foxtel to complain, i got a free upgrade to IQ4, and installation of a satellite dish on the roof, at no extra cost to my usual monthly fee.

As for NBN, do not want, completely happy with what i've got now, my sister got it about 12 months ago and is constantly having phone and internet problems. (Telstra = Buffoons ?)

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
FFS that's some bullshit luck there TT. Everything crossed they can get you back on the good stuff ASAP.

RE. NBN problems, dudes have been in my area for the last month or so accessing manholes and doing i know not what, but the bloke in my court had full protective gear on, including helmet and facemask. Seems they accidentally cut the cable that runs Foxtel so no service for nearly 48 hours.

Upside is that after calling Foxtel to complain, i got a free upgrade to IQ4, and installation of a satellite dish on the roof, at no extra cost to my usual monthly fee.

As for NBN, do not want, completely happy with what i've got now, my sister got it about 12 months ago and is constantly having phone and internet problems. (Telstra = Buffoons ?)
If the NBN is properly installed its excellent especially if you like streaming video services.

One suave *

I had 3 autoimmune conditions start at 42, it was particularly shitty. Thankfully after a lot of stuffing about they have me on some medication that seems to work.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Not sure if this is the place, but can I whinge about the Calvin Klein ad that borders my NMFC BF pages? I'm sure CK make a fair pair of derps but I can buy jocks without having to see a bloke strutting around in them plastered all over the screen. I think the wife is wondering what sort of websites I'm looking at all the time.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Not sure if this is the place, but can I whinge about the Calvin Klein ad that borders my NMFC BF pages? I'm sure CK make a fair pair of durps but I can buy jocks without having to a bloke strutting around in them plastered all over the screen. I think the wife is wondering what sort of websites I'm looking at all the time.

Nttawwt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back