Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ummm It has been such a long time since I have posted anything at all, let alone on the Grumpy thread. But just wanted to say, incase I get really old and too grumpy..thank you to a few posters that I have had banter with, discussions etc . And a special thank you to Twinkletoes for welcoming me to this forum, many years ago. It is the first sport forum I have been on. Not sure how long I will be here.. who knows.?/ but thank you to you all.Now, I know this is not grumpy, but I may make up for that later:)

Ummm It has been such a long time since I have posted anything at all, let alone on the Grumpy thread. But just wanted to say, incase I get really old and too grumpy..thank you to a few posters that I have had banter with, discussions etc . And a special thank you to Twinkletoes for welcoming me to this forum, many years ago. It is the first sport forum I have been on. Not sure how long I will be here.. who knows.?/ but thank you to you all.Now, I know this is not grumpy, but I may make up for that later:)

You'll out e-live all of us Chugga. 👍

We have missed you

TOD Jr is likewise a Ramones fan.

His t-shirt may have come from Target. :stern look

But he baulks at wearing it because as he so eloquently explains it, "chicks that are into One Direction wear them, dad". As you guys have also highlighted.

(Used to have fun dressing him in band t-shirts when he was a toddler. Sent him off to his first day of creche in a Slayer t-shirt.)
Young Ms blackshadow (just turned 9 months) may have been spotted in a pink motorhead grow suit and a classic black ramones growsuit.

I'm looking for a small size dinosaur Jr shirt for her.

And this is the s**t for baby wear.
cfb753181ca7c58dbc11207ded160741.jpg

Young Ms blackshadow (just turned 9 months) may have been spotted in a pink motorhead grow suit and a classic black ramones growsuit.

And this is the **** for baby wear.

My eldest had a Subhumans one of those.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nobody is grumpy lately?:(:cool:

Well I'm about to make up for that right now chugginon.

BECAUSE I AM VERY VERY GRUMPY. :mad::mad::mad:

Recently we got connected to the NBN. Joy!!!! Did it get connected properly I hear you ask? Of course not. Why would it get connected properly?

I have just finished a 72 minute phone call to Optus, our provider, and the NBN, to try to sort out why they (the collective of Optus/NBN) managed to comprehensively stuff the connection up.

We have two lines in. One for private calls, which is our main line and the second line for occasional work calls in. Our private line is the main phone we use and the one to which the account with Optus was established through many years ago.

So what did they do? Well for starters they just connected in the second line, which means that anyone who has tried to call us on our main line, has been unable to do so. Friends and family and the like. Probably not a problem from my personal point of view but there are others living here.

Instead they connected our second line only.

A couple of weeks ago I tried to get this sorted out. That failed because someone at the Optus end must have pushed the wrong button and the call dropped out. Annoyed but not necessarily grumpy, I gave up that day. Then this morning I gritted my teeth and embarked on the second journey into the mystifying world of telecommunications. (Please bring back the PMG I say)

The journey involved talking to 4, yes 4 different people, none of whom spoke English as their native tongue, each of whom made me go through the enormously frustrating identification process (complicated by the fact that the account is in Mrs. H's name so she too had to identify herself), explain to each of them what the problem was, a couple of whom asked me to explain the myriad of modems and wires going in every which way, a matter way beyond my feeble knowledge of such things and the last of the 4, presumably from the NBN, who asked me to once again accept the terms and conditions of switching to the NBN (which so far is proving to be slower than the old system).

In my opinion the world has gone mad. So much nonsense nowadays in trying to get something like this done, something by the way that we never asked for or needed. We are being drowned in bureaucratic procedures in everything we do nowadays and i wonder where it will all end up.

So yes I AM VERY VERY GRUMPY right now.

(I may need to take a bex or two and have a lie down.)

Recently we got connected to the NBN. Joy!!!! Did it get connected properly I hear you ask? Of course not. Why would it get connected properly?

I have just finished a 72 minute phone call to Optus, our provider, and the NBN, to try to sort out why they (the collective of Optus/NBN) managed to comprehensively stuff the connection up.

We have two lines in. One for private calls, which is our main line and the second line for occasional work calls in. Our private line is the main phone we use and the one to which the account with Optus was established through many years ago.

So what did they do? Well for starters they just connected in the second line, which means that anyone who has tried to call us on our main line, has been unable to do so. Friends and family and the like. Probably not a problem from my personal point of view but there are others living here.

A couple of weeks ago I tried to get this sorted out. That failed because someone at the Optus end must have pushed the wrong button and the call dropped out. Annoyed but not necessarily grumpy, I gave up that day. Then this morning I gritted my teeth and embarked on the second journey into the mystifying world of telecommunications. (Please bring back the PMG I say)

The journey involved talking to 4, yes 4 different people, none of whom spoke English as their native tongue, each of whom made me go through the enormously frustrating identification process (complicated by the fact that the account is in Mrs. H's name so she too had to identify herself), explain to each of them what the problem was, a couple of whom asked me to explain the myriad of modems and wires going in every which way, a matter way beyond my feeble knowledge of such things and the last of the 4, presumably from the NBN, who asked me to once again accept the terms and conditions of switching to the NBN (which so far is proving to be slower than the old system).

In my opinion the world has gone mad. So much nonsense nowadays in trying to get something like this done, something by the way that we never asked for or needed. We are being drowned in bureaucratic procedures in everything we do nowadays and i wonder where it will all end up.

I hear you Hoz. I was also recently stuffed around getting NBN connected.

To be fair it was the NBN Co's stuff up, not the provider. We switched from cable internet with Optus to NBN with Aussie Broadband. The key reason being that Aussie Broadband has a local call centre (in Morewell).

When I went to cancel my Optus service, I was put on hold for a full 45 minutes by the offshore call centre as I had to deal to the 'cancellations team' who then spent 10 minutes trying to get me back/upsell Optus products. And they still stuffed up the cancellation and I had to call back and go through the whole dog and pony show again.

Im pleased its not just me on the fibre connection side of things !

I got connected but I couldn't access the internet..Got mucked round for days.

so last straw I dragged one of my IT mates round and they talked to the guy on the other end..anyway after a fair bit of R2D2 speak, they figured out that it wasn't me who had done anything wrong and the modem was reconfigured wrong. They put it back to its factory settings and bingo Im back in the modern world

Stop right there

One word sums up everything

O
P
T
U
S

Good luck Grumble Old

I hear you Hoz. I was also recently stuffed around getting NBN connected.

To be fair it was the NBN Co's stuff up, not the provider. We switched from cable internet with Optus to NBN with Aussie Broadband. The key reason being that Aussie Broadband has a local call centre (in Morewell).

When I went to cancel my Optus service, I was put on hold for a full 45 minutes by the offshore call centre as I had to deal to the 'cancellations team' who then spent 10 minutes trying to get me back/upsell Optus products. And they still stuffed up the cancellation and I had to call back and go through the whole dog and pony show again.

Stop right there

One word

O
P
T
U
S

Busses from Caulfield to the CBD due to railway work going on. Most people are patient, waiting in line for their turn to board the bus. But this city has its fair share of ars*holes who push in and queue jump. campaigners.
They generally go to water when you call them out.

Worse than Optus or Telstra is the once decent iinet but since they were bought out by TPG their service has gone down the toilet.

I'm a big believer in Australian support so it's either Superloop or Aussie BB as far as I'm concerned.

Have been with superloop for a while and they are decent. Moving house next week and going through the HFC installation on Monday, hopefully it will be smooth sailing.

Worse than Optus or Telstra is the once decent iinet but since they were bought out by TPG their service has gone down the toilet.

I'm a big believer in Australian support so it's either Superloop or Aussie BB as far as I'm concerned.

Have been with superloop for a while and they are decent. Moving house next week and going through the HFC installation on Monday, hopefully it will be smooth sailing.
I don't want to moz you but we are on HFC and as described above, it was an NBN issue outside the premises that led to our issues. We were lucky that we still had our existing cable service connected - Aussie BB's sign up docs clearly stated that you shouldn't cancel existing services until the NBN was up and running. It took about a week for NBN Co to fix our issue. Works a treat now and more than double the speed of our cable service.

Good luck with the move. I hate moving house more than I hate *.

And this is the s**t for baby wear.

The perfect matching accesory:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back