Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse than Optus or Telstra is the once decent iinet but since they were bought out by TPG their service has gone down the toilet.

I'm a big believer in Australian support so it's either Superloop or Aussie BB as far as I'm concerned.

Have been with superloop for a while and they are decent. Moving house next week and going through the HFC installation on Monday, hopefully it will be smooth sailing.
Yep, my brother is with Aussie BB and superloop just took over my ISP and we havent had any issues at all.

Young Ms blackshadow (just turned 9 months) may have been spotted in a pink motorhead grow suit and a classic black ramones growsuit.

I'm looking for a small size dinosaur Jr shirt for her.

And this is the s**t for baby wear.
cfb753181ca7c58dbc11207ded160741.jpg
My first born attended his first day of child care in a Motorhead t-shirt, much to the chagrin of my wife. They all got their photo taken to put on their pigeon holes so every time I picked him up or dropped him off, I saw his beaming smile above the word "Motorhead" staring back at me.

This thread still going strong

Stick that it in your book Lieutenant

well we're not getting any younger Gaso !

we've just gone to no plastic bags in the super market (which I support). anyway being old, i forgot my bag. No worries I thought i'll just put the goods back in the basket at the self check in, carry it out to the car, and bring the basket back. Well I got the lecture from the self check in fascist that to do so would be the crime of the century.
So I thought bugger it, i'll buy another bag.
But being old I forgot to scan the bag !
anyways the 99 c bag I stole still doesn't make up for having to listen to John Farnham whilst shopping...

Christ I hate supermarkets..

Young Ms blackshadow (just turned 9 months) may have been spotted in a pink motorhead grow suit and a classic black ramones growsuit.

I'm looking for a small size dinosaur Jr shirt for her.

And this is the s**t for baby wear.
cfb753181ca7c58dbc11207ded160741.jpg

Sorry, bs, didn't notice this when you first posted it. That's an absolute cracker.

Reminds me of the good old days when I used to dress TOD Jr in all these excellent band tees, and he was too young to argue. A 6-year old doesn't have a clue who Sonic Youth or The Deathray Davies are but doesn't care because the name sounds cool.

Won't have a bar of it now. Listens to hip-hop and wears sports-brand t-shirts.

(Which reminds me...anyone wants to adopt a moody teenager, just PM me.)

we've just gone to no plastic bags in the super market (which I support). anyway being old, i forgot my bag. No worries I thought i'll just put the goods back in the basket at the self check in, carry it out to the car, and bring the basket back. Well I got the lecture from the self check in fascist that to do so would be the crime of the century.
anyways the 99 c bag I stole still doesn't make up for having to listen to John Farnham whilst shopping...

Online delivery is the only way to supermarket!

Well I'm about to make up for that right now chugginon.

BECAUSE I AM VERY VERY GRUMPY. :mad::mad::mad:

Recently we got connected to the NBN. Joy!!!! Did it get connected properly I hear you ask? Of course not. Why would it get connected properly?

I have just finished a 72 minute phone call to Optus, our provider, and the NBN, to try to sort out why they (the collective of Optus/NBN) managed to comprehensively stuff the connection up.

We have two lines in. One for private calls, which is our main line and the second line for occasional work calls in. Our private line is the main phone we use and the one to which the account with Optus was established through many years ago.

So what did they do? Well for starters they just connected in the second line, which means that anyone who has tried to call us on our main line, has been unable to do so. Friends and family and the like. Probably not a problem from my personal point of view but there are others living here.

Instead they connected our second line only.

A couple of weeks ago I tried to get this sorted out. That failed because someone at the Optus end must have pushed the wrong button and the call dropped out. Annoyed but not necessarily grumpy, I gave up that day. Then this morning I gritted my teeth and embarked on the second journey into the mystifying world of telecommunications. (Please bring back the PMG I say)

The journey involved talking to 4, yes 4 different people, none of whom spoke English as their native tongue, each of whom made me go through the enormously frustrating identification process (complicated by the fact that the account is in Mrs. H's name so she too had to identify herself), explain to each of them what the problem was, a couple of whom asked me to explain the myriad of modems and wires going in every which way, a matter way beyond my feeble knowledge of such things and the last of the 4, presumably from the NBN, who asked me to once again accept the terms and conditions of switching to the NBN (which so far is proving to be slower than the old system).

In my opinion the world has gone mad. So much nonsense nowadays in trying to get something like this done, something by the way that we never asked for or needed. We are being drowned in bureaucratic procedures in everything we do nowadays and i wonder where it will all end up.

So yes I AM VERY VERY GRUMPY right now.

(I may need to take a bex or two and have a lie down.)
Did it work, Horace ? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, bs, didn't notice this when you first posted it. That's an absolute cracker.

Reminds me of the good old days when I used to dress TOD Jr in all these excellent band tees, and he was too young to argue. A 6-year old doesn't have a clue who Sonic Youth or The Deathray Davies are but doesn't care because the name sounds cool.

Won't have a bar of it now. Listens to hip-hop and wears sports-brand t-shirts.

(Which reminds me...anyone wants to adopt a moody teenager, just PM me.)

Sit him down, bit of Mullimbimby madness and have a conversation 👍

BFNAA... New Australian???

Be nice if they provided paper bags like they did when I was a kid. Just for the days when you forget your reusable bag

Owls.

These sort...on front door steps like some pseudo Greek ornamental statue.

What's that all about?

DSC_0116.JPG

What a BRILLIANT idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

We had a bloody bird that was pecking on a window every day for at least an hour from around 8AM. Crapped all over the porch as well.

Owl bird scarier has done the job. Bloody cat is scared of birds as it got pecked when it was a kitten, so the owl was the solution.

IMG_3298.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back