Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had gas mains work done in our street a couple of weeks ago and our nature strips (we’re on a corner) resembled The Somme before they did their repair work. I’ve spent the past two weeks like Clint to ward off lawn seed eating pigeons and wayward exercise walkers from making tracks in the dirt/mud and seed. It’s become an obsession between homeschooling and work tasks while working from home.
Feel ya TT. Recently had ours done out front too. Soil is so soft a moth could land on it and fall 3 inches in. Next door neighbour keeps parking across it and ripping it up, I asked nicely if he can park on the road and he pulled the "no speak your English" act while shaking his head. Called him on this BS saying "you understand me perfectly you campaigner, park on the nature strip again and I'll ensure your car is towed" (BS from me, I'd sit and glare and stew) and "while we're at it, can you ask your wife to talk to you in the same room? She yells so much we can hear every word in our loungeroom"

That was 2 weeks ago, he hasn't parked on the nature strip since and haven't heard a peep from his wife.

Feel ya TT. Recently had ours done out front too. Soil is so soft a moth could land on it and fall 3 inches in. Next door neighbour keeps parking across it and ripping it up, I asked nicely if he can park on the road and he pulled the "no speak your English" act while shaking his head. Called him on this BS saying "you understand me perfectly you campaigner, park on the nature strip again and I'll ensure your car is towed" (BS from me, I'd sit and glare and stew) and "while we're at it, can you ask your wife to talk to you in the same room? She yells so much we can hear every word in our loungeroom"

That was 2 weeks ago, he hasn't parked on the nature strip since and haven't heard a peep from his wife.

Nice work (and your soil description is bang on). Today’s rain has of course seen the footprints sink further and the lawn seed wave bye bye as it heads out in the friggin drains!

Grumpy #101
How is wrapping a building or bridge in fabric " art " ?
What happened to it afterwards ? Landfill ?

Waste.
Recycled into Hipster baggy pants with an "ethically sourced" label slapped on

We had gas mains work done in our street a couple of weeks ago and our nature strips (we’re on a corner) resembled The Somme before they did their repair work. I’ve spent the past two weeks like Clint to ward off lawn seed eating pigeons and wayward exercise walkers from making tracks in the dirt/mud and seed. It’s become an obsession between homeschooling and work tasks while working from home.

Complain, they should have allowed to reinstate, they cannot get away with this

Complain, they should have allowed to reinstate, they cannot get away with this

Spoke to them this morning, telling them the area they dig a 20 ft deep hole was a sinkhole waiting to happen after yesterday’s rain, and they said they’d do a full review of their reparations prior to leaving the area, ensuring they boost soil level and grass density as required. We shall see.

Spoke to them this morning, telling them the area they dig a 20 ft deep hole was a sinkhole waiting to happen after yesterday’s rain, and they said they’d do a full review of their reparations prior to leaving the area, ensuring they boost soil level and grass density as required. We shall see.

Always get details of Project Manager from the leaflet they are supposed to provide, then complain to Council/Authority who is governing the project, ideally you take photos before but usually they are supposed to as part of their works

Always get details of Project Manager from the leaflet they are supposed to provide, then complain to Council/Authority who is governing the project, ideally you take photos before but usually they are supposed to as part of their works

All over it Krak.

What's got me grumpy today?

Two things actually.

The first, which has built up over the last 2 weeks. s**t petrol. I filled up with 98RON *in' top priced petrol a couple of weeks ago. Now, I might be prone to hitting the gas pedal a little heavily, but the only trips I've made are up and down to do school dropoff / pickup (a 12K round trip) , church dropoff and pickup (20K round trip) and the off visit to Bunnings or the in-laws. None have been constant stop / start or really short trips.

Ave fuel consumption was over 15L/100Km FFS.

So today I filled up from about a third of a tank from a different petrol station. Again, 98RON. Drove 160K in stop / start peak hour in each direction on Nepean Hwy plus a little bit of freeway (although that was just as stop / start as the Nepean). Ave fuel consumption today has been 8.1L/10Km.

I reckon I paid for a tank full of napthalene at the previous fill up.

And today I find out that my keyboard is playing up and I can't type upper case "w" using Shift+w. It does work if I use Caps Lock. No other stuffed keys. And this is my favourite Dell (Logitech) wireless KB as well.

Man, that pissed me off when I attempted to begin this post by saying "What's got me grumpy today".

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's got me grumpy today?

Things actually.

The first, which has built up over the last 2 weeks. s**t petrol. I filled up with 98RON fu**in' top priced petrol a couple of weeks ago. Now, I might be prone to hitting the gas pedal a little heavily, but the only trips I've made are up and down to do school dropoff / pickup (a 12K round trip) , church dropoff and pickup (20K round trip) and the off visit to Bunnings or the in-laws. None have been constant stop / start or really short trips.

Ave fuel consumption was over 15L/100Km FFS.

So today I filled up from about a third of a tank from a different petrol station. Again, 98RON. Drove 160K in stop / start peak hour in each direction on Nepean Hwy plus a little bit of freeway (although that was just as stop / start as the Nepean). Ave fuel consumption today has been 8.1L/10Km.

I reckon I paid for a tank full of napthalene at the previous fill up.

And today I find out that my keyboard is playing up and I can't type upper case "w" using Shift+w. It does work if I use Caps Lock. No other stuffed keys. And this is my favourite Dell (Logitech) wireless KB as well.

Man, that pissed me off when I attempted to begin this post by saying "What's got me grumpy today".

Wait till you turn age 50 and pop into the post office to pick up what you think is a birthday present.

Just went to the dentist.

Probably no further elaboration required, but let's just say I may as well buy them a Beemer or Merc now!

2020 really can go forth & multiply.

Not good DaveyBoy. Alot of work ?

Yep. Especially if I agree to everything that is supposedly required. None of it is on the cheap end of the scale either. I don't think the word "filling" was even mentioned!

Not a frequent visitor to the dentist mate ?
That would describe me.

Last visit: 2010. And that was to basically observe the 25th anniversary of my previous visit in 1985. When I asked the dentist how long did he think since my last visit, he said "a couple of years, maybe three". At the end of the appointment (no work other than a clean required) he said "I usually recommend yearly check ups but in your case can you try to get back sometime in the next five years?"

I'm not phobic or anything, I just don't see the point as there isn't anything wrong with my teeth. Although there was a time back in the late 90s when my wisdom teeth were coming through and causing a bit of grief but I didn't have health insurance (young and indestructible) and by the time I obtained insurance and got through the mandatory waiting period, the teeth were fine. In fact, they actually pushed the others forward and corrected the gap between my front teeth.

That would describe me.

Last visit: 2010. And that was to basically observe the 25th anniversary of my previous visit in 1985. When I asked the dentist how long did he think since my last visit, he said "a couple of years, maybe three". At the end of the appointment (no work other than a clean required) he said "I usually recommend yearly check ups but in your case can you try to get back sometime in the next five years?"

I'm not phobic or anything, I just don't see the point as there isn't anything wrong with my teeth. Although there was a time back in the late 90s when my wisdom teeth were coming through and causing a bit of grief but I didn't have health insurance (young and indestructible) and by the time I obtained insurance and got through the mandatory waiting period, the teeth were fine. In fact, they actually pushed the others forward and corrected the gap between my front teeth.

I would say you are very lucky. Obviously good teeth, good diet and good dental hygiene.

Keep it up 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back