Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My sister, who's doing year 12 this year, has gone through a pretty tough few years, but now it seems that she is just pissing away her education. She has to take medication that reduces anxiety but apparently it makes her jittery as well, meaning she stays up a bit later. I suggested that she should go to sleep about an hour ago, because she'd be tired in the morning and she then told me to "piss off", and that "mum is okay with her playing on her phone and watching tv shows" (which make sleep harder to come by due to the type of light that these devices produce). This is an obvious lie, it's one thing to read a book but mum wouldn't cop that at 10 or 11 at night (she's always neen strict, and it's done me a lot of good). It's incredibly irritating. I love her dearly but she can be quite ignorant and rude sometimes and it makes me angry. She needs to get a grip before things spiral out of control.

She has to take medication that reduces anxiety but apparently it makes her jittery as well, meaning she stays up a bit later. I suggested that she should go to sleep about an hour ago, because she'd be tired in the morning and she then told me to "piss off", and that "mum is okay with her playing on her phone and watching tv shows" (which make sleep harder to come by due to the type of light that these devices produce).

One thing's for damned sure mate...........tell her to ignore any advice I have to offer.

REALLY GRUMPY........ How the heck does one delete/deactivate a new email account with Outlook that one did mistakenly sign up for ? As in one did think one needed another email account ..................... now one doesn't . Been looking for an hour to find a deactivation thingymabob ...........................:mad::thumbsdown:

REALLY GRUMPY........ How the heck does one delete/deactivate a new email account with Outlook that one did mistakenly sign up for ? As in one did think one needed another email account ..................... now one doesn't . Been looking for an hour to find a deactivation thingymabob ...........................:mad::thumbsdown:

This is giantroo territory chugga.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deleted the wrong entries from my registry and now the laptop doesn't start. Great.

One of our many computer tech types may be able to assist you during daylight hours. Try sending giantroo a PM.

I typed up a very long email to my bank manager yesterday which required a lot of T crossing and I dotting and must've erased half of it by accidentally holding down some obscure key too long on Outlook. Clicked "undo" hoping to be saved but nup, gonski. So the email I actually sent read like the first half was typed up by the head of the Reserve Bank and the final rushed couple of paragraphs like they'd been done by an angry rebellious teen who didn't GAF.

Looking forward to the reply, if I receive one.

One of our many computer tech types may be able to assist you during daylight hours. Try sending giantroo a PM.

I typed up a very long email to my bank manager yesterday which required a lot of T crossing and I dotting and must've erased half of it by accidentally holding down some obscure key too long on Outlook. Clicked "undo" hoping to be saved but nup, gonski. So the email I actually sent read like the first half was typed up by the head of the Reserve Bank and the final rushed couple of paragraphs like they'd been done by an angry rebellious teen who didn't GAF.

If your mind was frazzled you may well have signed off: Regards, Twinkletoes.
That would add to the humour and mirth at the bank.

I'm now relatively ungrumpy. My laptop had a recovery system that let me reset it. I keep all the files but had to spend three hours reinstalling programs. Cheers though.

Loan for the air conditioning unit?

Jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back