Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Colac to Geelong section was shite 20 years ago..wats it like today?

It will be great when they finish the double lanes from Geelong to Colac. They've completed up to Winchelsea. Just Winch to Colac in progress now. Will probably take another couple of years though.

The benefits of living in a marginal seat are massive. Once you a leave Colac the roads are terrible. Blue ribbon Liberal federal area and up until tecently state level, so nothing gets down. Though since local state independent member James Purcell was elected in Denis Napthine's old seat, he has been agitating for better roads down here. Probably why some many called Tom Elliot.

It will be great when they finish the double lanes from Geelong to Colac. They've completed up to Winchelsea. Just Winch to Colac in progress now. Will probably take another couple of years though.

The benefits of living in a marginal seat are massive. Once you a leave Colac the roads are terrible. Blue ribbon Liberal federal area and up until tecently state level, so nothing gets down. Though since local state independent member James Purcell was elected in Denis Napthine's old seat, he has been agitating for better roads down here. Probably why some many called Tom Elliot.

Same up here.

Went from a 50 Year something Safe Nationals State seat.

Last election Independent Susanna Sheed in.

Nekminit schools...hospital...roads...rail all getting $$$.

Roma Britnell doing the same . The pot holes I posted about are on Raglan.Parade going down hill , east , towards the Plaza,if you go on that road .And to be fair to the workers, I guess the huge amount of trucks and tankers don't help

morning wasted trying to load a stubborn horse onto the float who ultimately never went on :-(

afternoon salvaged by awesome weather with a quick ride, followed by a few home brews ( black-rock-golden-ale-hopped with nelson sauvin hops ) and a brisket slow cooking on the weber. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

The benefits of living in a marginal seat are massive

the idiots round here who religiously vote liberal making it a safe seat just dont seem to understand that!

Roma Britnell doing the same . The pot holes I posted about are on Raglan.Parade going down hill , east , towards the Plaza,if you go on that road .And to be fair to the workers, I guess the huge amount of trucks and tankers don't help

Fellow Warrnamboolian :thumbsu:.

It's the annual event. A serious block of rain and the road falls apart. Temporary patch job works till next lot of rain. Rinse, repeat.

Last year, a pollie came down to inspect our roads and the night before some bright spark decided to get the spray paint out and paint male genitalia around all the pot holes on the highway. Never seen Vicroads move so fast to repair them.

Dead set the bloke across the road from me spends 2 hours mowing his front lawn every Saturday.

No jokes. He pushes his mower over a 6x4m area for at least 2 hours. I can’t get my head around it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shutting down the Cameron Joyce roast thread. this is a ******* fan forum for OPINIONS. whether you like them or not, all are entitled to them. We are not in a sensory country such as North Korea, where there are restrictions on what we can and can't say. what a joke, Joyce deserves flack for the uninspiring bundle of mess that we currently find ourselves in, playing a major role in this. I also cringe almightily every time he is interviewed. Imagine being a prospective incoming player in the trade period from another club and being interviewed by him in the midst of all his umms and ahhs, you'd have doubts straight away.
Fans on this site should be entitled to criticise the club, and those who are running it- to deprive them from this platform is disappointing and speaks volumes of the nanny state.
rant over.

Shutting down the Cameron Joyce roast thread. this is a ******* fan forum for OPINIONS. whether you like them or not, all are entitled to them. We are not in a sensory country such as North Korea, where there are restrictions on what we can and can't say. what a joke, Joyce deserves flack for the uninspiring bundle of mess that we currently find ourselves in, playing a major role in this. I also cringe almightily every time he is interviewed. Imagine being a prospective incoming player in the trade period from another club and being interviewed by him in the midst of all his umms and ahhs, you'd have doubts straight away.
Fans on this site should be entitled to criticise the club, and those who are running it- to deprive them from this platform is disappointing and speaks volumes of the nanny state.
rant over.

Grumpy Old ^.

30 years ago today since Black Monday and the Wall Street meltdown that sparked Australia's last Recession.

We dodged the GFC....but there is a couple of Generations in that past 30 years that dont know economic pain.

Balanced out by the fact I needed to save $30k for a house deposit (including taxes etc) and the next gen would need to save $250k now for the same house. Also, uni was free back then. FREE! HECS was a collective surprised reaction rather than a fee.

Balanced out by the fact I needed to save $30k for a house deposit (including taxes etc) and the next gen would need to save $250k now for the same house. Also, uni was free back then. FREE! HECS was a collective surprised reaction rather than a fee.
and a 4meg simm of memory cost round 200 bucks, these days you can get 8 gig for half that!

on the other hand a pot of beer was around 78c...

I'm very much a "grumpy old" today because the Trade and Free Agency time is over and I certainly managed to get into the spirit of being grumpy to go with the well established old bit. Will take a while to get back to just being, well old and sometimes grumpy,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back