Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definitely. One of my earliest school memories is playing 4 square in grade 1.

I stepped up all confident into the dunce spot, then bang, bounced out. The next kid in line was a redhead carrying an umbrella from grade 3, before I knew it, the mug pushed me to the ground.

I’d just changed schools (for some reason my family moved around a lot- I went to 7 primary schools), and as I hit the gravel my dads advice kicked in,
Dad”If someone picks on you, punch him as hard as you can in the nose”

So when I hit the wet gravel face down and heard the other kids laughing I did what I was brought up to do. I clenched my fist as hard as I could and in one motion I stood up, swung around and punched the umbrella carrying bully as hard as I could.

He dropped like a sack of potatoes and I walked off.

The poor kid lost all respect. Constant ridicule. After about a week he asked me to fight him on the oval. Even though I knew he’d beat me I wanted to have a crack, because copping a hiding didn’t bother me and I wanted to know if I could actually beat an older kid.

Well he punched the crap out of me and the balance was restored.

High stakes indeed
Jesus. Eerily similar to something that happened to me in grade 1 (not four square related).

I made good friends with a girl in pre-primary and when we were moving up to grade 1 my dad said "groin, there will be big kids now so make sure you look after her". We were two weeks in and this year 2 kid with crooked teeth was making fun of her. I never seen him before and i remembered that my dad told him to look after her. I was a big wrestling and football fan so i thought I'd seen enough to hold my own against the bigger kid. I pushed him over and when he was on the ground he told me i was dead. I took off across the oval. Thankfully i was quicker than a hiccup so he couldn't catch me.

The next day he saw me at recess and he tackled me. We both wrestled but he got on top of me and started punching my face. I was just trying to block the punches. The phys ed teacher on recess duty broke it up and both wrote out punishment notes. They needed to be taken home and signed by your parents. I started crying because i knew my mum was going to kill me and said i wasn't fighting (i ******* wasn't). The boy said we were even. I later found out he was supposed to be in year 3 but he got held back a year and he had adhd. I never had a problem with him again and he always left us alone after that. I was in the same year as him in year 5/6. He was a little s**t. He'd leave the room to climb trees or just walk home.

My dad started work early so i woke up at 430am before he left. Started crying when he was in the kitchen making lunch. He asked what happened and signed the note. He said he was proud of me but don't tell your mother otherwise you will be in big trouble. I got 5 of those notes in primary school (running on the concrete, throwing mandarin wedges on the roof to feed the pigeons, kicking a footy throw a classroom window, breaking the ends off of my friends new set of faber castell pencils) and my mum didn't think i got any.

[QUOTE.

My dad started work early so i woke up at 430am before he left. Started crying when he was in the kitchen making lunch. He asked what happened and signed the note. He said he was proud of me but don't tell your mother otherwise you will be in big trouble. I got 5 of those notes in primary school (running on the concrete, throwing mandarin wedges on the roof to feed the pigeons, kicking a footy throw a classroom window, breaking the ends off of my friends new set of faber castell pencils) and my mum didn't think i got any.[/QUOTE]

Crikey Groin..you played a high stakes game at school ! Surprised you weren't down the local borstal with that behaviour:D

I of course was an angel at school. A Couple of misunderstandings namely when the fire hose got turned on everyone having lunch outside . But playing in the rugby team coached by the principal did have its advantages .........

Jesus. Eerily similar to something that happened to me in grade 1 (not four square related).

I made good friends with a girl in pre-primary and when we were moving up to grade 1 my dad said "groin, there will be big kids now so make sure you look after her". We were two weeks in and this year 2 kid with crooked teeth was making fun of her. I never seen him before and i remembered that my dad told him to look after her. I was a big wrestling and football fan so i thought I'd seen enough to hold my own against the bigger kid. I pushed him over and when he was on the ground he told me i was dead. I took off across the oval. Thankfully i was quicker than a hiccup so he couldn't catch me.

The next day he saw me at recess and he tackled me. We both wrestled but he got on top of me and started punching my face. I was just trying to block the punches. The phys ed teacher on recess duty broke it up and both wrote out punishment notes. They needed to be taken home and signed by your parents. I started crying because i knew my mum was going to kill me and said i wasn't fighting (i ******* wasn't). The boy said we were even. I later found out he was supposed to be in year 3 but he got held back a year and he had adhd. I never had a problem with him again and he always left us alone after that. I was in the same year as him in year 5/6. He was a little s**t. He'd leave the room to climb trees or just walk home.

My dad started work early so i woke up at 430am before he left. Started crying when he was in the kitchen making lunch. He asked what happened and signed the note. He said he was proud of me but don't tell your mother otherwise you will be in big trouble. I got 5 of those notes in primary school (running on the concrete, throwing mandarin wedges on the roof to feed the pigeons, kicking a footy throw a classroom window, breaking the ends off of my friends new set of faber castell pencils) and my mum didn't think i got any.

Hahahaha Love it

[QUOTE.

Crikey Groin..you played a high stakes game at school ! Surprised you weren't down the local borstal with that behaviour:D

I of course was an angel at school. A Couple of misunderstandings namely when the fire hose got turned on everyone having lunch outside . But playing in the rugby team coached by the principal did have its advantages .........[/QUOTE]
I was dangerous don't you worry about that. I remember the pencil insident like it was yesterday. My mate was excited because he always got items from kmart instead of the school list so we gave him s**t about it. One year he turned up with the whole lot (uhu glu, faber castell pencils and connector pens etc.). He was bragging so when he went to the toilet i pulled his tray out and snapped the ends so he'd have to sharpen them all again. Then we he came back i asked if i could borrow one. He opened the tray and we all laughed. The teacher wanted to know what was going on and that bastard was so pissed off that he dobbed on me. I met up with him for lunch at the emporium recently and we got mero mero for lunch. It was all part of my plan because when i walked back to him i gave him the order form and a pencil that had a snapped end. He didn't laugh. 20+ years later and he was still pissed off.

Haha i can imagine the clean up job they'd need to do after the fire hose went off. You probably made an enemy for life with the janitor.

[QUOTE

Haha i can imagine the clean up job they'd need to do after the fire hose went off. You probably made an enemy for life with the janitor.[/QUOTE]

nah no damage as it was a concrete quad where people were having lunch in the sun.. which made a very tempting target ! so a mate and I unwound the fire hose pointed it through a window and let rip......

Got a letter home , but dad couldn't stop laughing which pissed mum off no end

Driving parents to a relative's wedding at a rural interstate location. 15 minutes into the 13 hour road trip I've pulled over and told them to fly Rex if the squabbling doesn't cease immediately. 40 years on dad not happy with tables being turned.

Serenity now, SERENITY NOW

[/QUOTE]

nah no damage as it was a concrete quad where people were having lunch in the sun.. which made a very tempting target ! so a mate and I unwound the fire hose pointed it through a window and let rip......

Got a letter home , but dad couldn't stop laughing which pissed mum off no end[/QUOTE]
Haha that is awesome. They would have scattered like ants.

Dad's always come out on top. I always wondered why my dad didn't care. Then mum let it slip when i was in high school that he was expelled in year 8 because him and his friends bricked up the front entrance to the library during school holidays. The cycle continued because my grandmother died without ever finding out the truth. My grandad got him a job (laying bricks funnily enough) until the end of year 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i generally liked most of the franchise but the latest "last knight" bar the opening battle scene was absolute rubbish.
Agree. Was a pile of s**t. I still have no idea why the little girl was in it. Other then to fill the void left by his daughter. Same with his co-worker-literally a carbon copy of the guy in number 3 except that guy was white. Fluff movie.

Long story short from 4.30 to 5.10 this morning I thought I'd lost my SIM to my Iphone-I-use-as-an-MP3-player and now is a bit scratched up after finally digging it out with a bent pin and needle. Still works though. I was trying to reset the IPhone to clear some "other" data for space but now I'm waiting for an RSim kit.

Yea I was awake by choice.

Long story short from 4.30 to 5.10 this morning I thought I'd lost my SIM to my Iphone-I-use-as-an-MP3-player and now is a bit scratched up after finally digging it out with a bent pin and needle. Still works though. I was trying to reset the IPhone to clear some "other" data for space but now I'm waiting for an RSim kit.

Yea I was awake by choice.

Technology makes me Grumpy when there is a fail.

Driving parents to a relative's wedding at a rural interstate location. 15 minutes into the 13 hour road trip I've pulled over and told them to fly Rex if the squabbling doesn't cease immediately. 40 years on dad not happy with tables being turned.

Serenity now, SERENITY NOW

Had my quarterly run-in with young hoodie wearing Pacific Islander looking torch bearing car breakerinerers tonight. Heard a noise so wandered outside, presuming it would be a possum, and heard car door handles being tried and saw two bright torches being shone into my neighbour's car. I turned back up the path to the front door as discretely as I could, hoping to call the cops from inside without being noticed. One made a bee line for a car across the street and the other ambled slowly 20 metres behind shouting threats my way as he did. Cops attended and were searching the area and then my neighbour, whose car was being examined by these turds when I walked out, arrived by cab to tell me he'd left his golf clubs in the car and you could easily see them with a torch. One set of clubs saved.

Bloody hell these gutter crawlers s**t me! The one shouting sounded like an extra from that Kiwi Cop show Police Ten 7.

Had my quarterly run-in with young hoodie wearing Pacific Islander looking torch bearing car breakerinerers tonight. Heard a noise so wandered outside, presuming it would be a possum, and heard car door handles being tried and saw two bright torches being shone into my neighbour's car. I turned back up the path to the front door as discretely as I could, hoping to call the cops from inside without being noticed. One made a bee line for a car across the street and the other ambled slowly 20 metres behind shouting threats my way as he did. Cops attended and were searching the area and then my neighbour, whose car was being examined by these turds when I walked out, arrived by cab to tell me he'd left his golf clubs in the car and you could easily see them with a torch. One set of clubs saved.

Bloody hell these gutter crawlers s**t me! The one shouting sounded like an extra from that Kiwi Cop show Police Ten 7.

....post needs Jissee W Smuth input

you need honorary status in a security whilst on your late night rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back