Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm here, something that gets me grumpy is when you go for a walk along a footpath, which is wide enough for 2 people, maybe 3 at a pinch to walk on and you meet 2 or more coming the other way. Now my approach is that you should on each side adopt single file and each line pass happily unscathed past one another. No more does that seem to happen though with the younger generation. You meet a couple coming the opposite direction and they think they own the path, generally leaving no alternative but to temporarily exit left, either into the bushes or onto the road, depending on where you are on the path.

Grow some manners and respect kids otherwise, I may have to drop the right shoulder and execute a none too gentle shirtfront. Bound to end poorly but the early moment of euphoria may be worth it. (And if I've posted this before, please excuse. With age comes memory loss.)
Chest the insolent little millenials out of your way.

Whats with this BOM warning about 300 mm of rain? Next to nothing so far and the BOM radar suggests that it's all passed us by.

I was about to go outside and sandbag the lavatory (if we still had one outside) as recommended by the Emergency Services people yesterday.

Whats with this BOM warning about 300 mm of rain? Next to nothing so far and the BOM radar suggests that it's all passed us by.

I was about to go outside and sandbag the lavatory (if we still had one outside) as recommended by the Emergency Services people yesterday.
I'm the opposite of you - the rain hasn't stopped since 8am.

6 hours solid hard rain.

Just stopped.

Up at 5am to drain an almost over flowing 40K litre pool.

Fun times up here....by Tuesday there will be some Rivers right up.
I popped in here to see how you are getting on up there, Gaso I know that whole area very well, and am hoping you don't get as much as they have predicted. . Stay safe

Hard to tell.

Depends on what happens up in the catchments in the Alps.

Benalla and Euroa cop anything first and then its our turn.

Usually takes a couple of days.

We've missed out down here.

Got about 11mm on Thursday, only 1.6 mm yesterday. Kids cricket went ahead last night and haven't had a drop since about 2.30 yesterday.

We’ve had Friday night and Saturday basketball plus Saturday rowing and Sunday baseball cancelled across the board, which now seems overkill in our little pocket of the inner north latte belt, but both rep & domestic leagues cover areas worse hit than us and I’m sure there are plenty of leaky old gyms that would have had safety worries.

Otherwise nothing much out of the ordinary here. Don’t mind the sleep-in though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I'm here, something that gets me grumpy is when you go for a walk along a footpath, which is wide enough for 2 people, maybe 3 at a pinch to walk on and you meet 2 or more coming the other way. Now my approach is that you should on each side adopt single file and each line pass happily unscathed past one another. No more does that seem to happen though with the younger generation. You meet a couple coming the opposite direction and they think they own the path, generally leaving no alternative but to temporarily exit left, either into the bushes or onto the road, depending on where you are on the path.

Grow some manners and respect kids otherwise, I may have to drop the right shoulder and execute a none too gentle shirtfront. Bound to end poorly but the early moment of euphoria may be worth it. (And if I've posted this before, please excuse. With age comes memory loss.)

when i was a kid we had a poor old boy who had been touched by the war a bit. Anyway he used to dress up in his army uniform with his medals on and walk up and down the streets with a cane talking to himself, (complete with some rather good swear words !).
Everyone called him Mad Jack, and not only would he have the footpath to himself, people would cross the road !

So just a suggestion for you Horace !

when i was a kid we had a poor old boy who had been touched by the war a bit. Anyway he used to dress up in his army uniform with his medals on and walk up and down the streets with a cane talking to himself, (complete with some rather good swear words !).
Everyone called him Mad Jack, and not only would he have the footpath to himself, people would cross the road !

So just a suggestion for you Horace !

"touched by the war a bit". Geez, there's a term I haven't heard for a long time......

long time.jpeg

Hmmmm.

These two weeks leading up to Christmas.

The world goes Hyper Grumpy.

Experiencing some quality hissys atm.
s**t weather has to be playing a part. Imagine being stuck inside all the time. I'm grumpy because I'm leaving the gold coast today and the weather and women are both far better than what's available in melbourne. On the other hand, i need to work to make money so i guess coming back is alright in that regard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back