Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in an office complex, so multiple companies share the bathroom, was some clown was in the other cubicle when I arrived, whatever he was doing in there took four flushes and he was still sitting in there, then the jerk answered his phone. I politely told him, through the stall
"it's a toilet, not a phone booth you moron go back to your ******* desk!"
He left pretty quickly after that.

I politely told him, through the stall
"it's a toilet, not a phone booth you moron go back to your ******* desk!"
He left pretty quickly after that.

With a face like that peering beneath the partition I'm not surprised.

Ha...this from the comments of 'Young Years'....needs to come onto this Thread IMO...

Tone Mac3 years ago
As much as i love this song it evokes some hard truths. Nothing lasts forever. I feel sad that the euphoria of the 80s has gone. Life will never be the same. People are so anti social these days. Society has got a lot worse.... too many people with ear phones plugged in and glued to their iphones. I'm sorry but I'd trade the 80s Anyday!! THOSE WERE OUR YOUNG YEARS! OUR WINGS WERE DRYING IN THE SUN!

I gotta go to a Gaso Xmas Function now.
santa2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I'm here, something that gets me grumpy is when you go for a walk along a footpath, which is wide enough for 2 people, maybe 3 at a pinch to walk on and you meet 2 or more coming the other way. Now my approach is that you should on each side adopt single file and each line pass happily unscathed past one another. No more does that seem to happen though with the younger generation. You meet a couple coming the opposite direction and they think they own the path, generally leaving no alternative but to temporarily exit left, either into the bushes or onto the road, depending on where you are on the path.

Grow some manners and respect kids otherwise, I may have to drop the right shoulder and execute a none too gentle shirtfront. Bound to end poorly but the early moment of euphoria may be worth it. (And if I've posted this before, please excuse. With age comes memory loss.)
Couldn't agree more. If it is an old couple i have no issue moving off but couples and kids. It is rude. Worst part is when they bump into you they act like you are at fault. My dads best mate is a big Maori guy and he had a 3 chance rule. The first two times he'd move and on the third he'd drop his shoulder and launch them. I remember discussing it with him and he'd say afterwards "sorry you were number 3" and laugh.

I get shitty so i can only imagine how annoyed you'd be horace.

Wait that's a euphemism for I can't fish for s**t, I drag my son along and the poor kid has never seen a fish. The closest we came was me braking the line being far too impatient
My son told his little brother that fishing means sitting next to a river bored out of your head for four hours, catching one fish, then saying it's too small, throwing it back and going home.
100% accurate, the little turd.

Couldn't agree more. If it is an old couple i have no issue moving off but couples and kids. It is rude. Worst part is when they bump into you they act like you are at fault. My dads best mate is a big Maori guy and he had a 3 chance rule. The first two times he'd move and on the third he'd drop his shoulder and launch them. I remember discussing it with him and he'd say afterwards "sorry you were number 3" and laugh.

I get shitty so i can only imagine how annoyed you'd be horace.

Absolutely. Sadly, generally speaking it is only the older people who make way.

Wait that's a euphemism for I can't fish for s**t, I drag my son along and the poor kid has never seen a fish. The closest we came was me braking the line being far too impatient
I was thinking along the lines of sexual relations with another person (euphemism).
But seeing as we're talking about actual fishing why is it people take off a day from work when it's extremely hot to go fishing rather than swimming? Just thinking of the last time I took a sickie and the whole Red Bluff area was chock full of fishos. Nothing but Squid, Pinkies and massive rays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back