Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 years is sensational if there’s anything positive at your sad time. My thoughts are with you, Pets passing is the worst.
Cheers mate. There's heaps positive with this dog. She was the best one we ever had. We were pretty grateful all be it sad she was such a great dog. Our other dog boomer can be a real prick but we love him as well.
20180118_222916.jpg

Last edited:
Righto. Short story. Hoj been without heating since Sunday morning when woke > no power. $359 later and North supporting sparkie 👍 " it's your Braemar Ecostar heating unit in the roof " Great ☹

So finally get nice bloke around today, fiddles, turns it on " dunno what the sparkie did " > works $49 👍 but it needs a service after 6 years and he needs 2 guys ( for oh & s reasons ) to access through the tiled 2nd storey roof.

Quote $1469 !

Anybody get me out of it cheaper ?

Last edited:
Righto. Short story. Hoj been without heating since Sunday morning when woke > no power. $359 later and North supporting sparkie 👍 " it's your Braemar Ecostar heating unit in the roof " Great ☹

So finally get nice bloke around today, fiddles, turns it on " dunno what the sparkie did " > works $49 👍 but it needs a service after 6 years amd he needs 2 guys ( for oh & s reasons ) to access through the tiled 2nd storey roof.

Quote $1469 !

Yes you might pay the same for a Rebate Heater. So we got ours for $5000 but the rebate bought it back for for around $2000. A Braemar 6 star.

So finally get nice bloke around today, fiddles, turns it on " dunno what the sparkie did " > works $49 👍 but it needs a service after 6 years and he needs 2 guys ( for oh & s reasons ) to access through the tiled 2nd storey roof.

Quote $1469 !

Box of matches 50c but you will need some crap to burn.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne and Northern Grampians split. To be honest, with the cost of firewood this year, someone local would pay for it. Needs to be dry to sell now as firewood, but someone would take the bluegum regardless.
Bluegum good to go. Mate has loads of red. Silver will burn well, dunno how long it stays lit.

Straight from the territory of Ben Cunnington, Horace and my good self there Hojuman. Dad was friends with Jack and I recall one day when I was about 14 or so, one of the O'Toole boys came to our place in Timboon - he sharpened our old axe and got an edge good enough to shave whatever hair I had on my arm. We used to go to the local shows as kids - the O'Toole's cleaned up the wood chopping. Another local, Frank Whiteside was a decent axeman as well, and Laurie Matheson. Maybe Horace remembers some of those blokes from the area back in the day?

Keeping the North Melbourne connection, John Rantall also gets a mention in this...

Straight from the territory of Ben Cunnington, Horace and my good self there Hojuman. Dad was friends with Jack and I recall one day when I was about 14 or so, one of the O'Toole boys came to our place in Timboon - he sharpened our old axe and got an edge good enough to shave whatever hair I had on my arm. We used to go to the local shows as kids - the O'Toole's cleaned up the wood chopping. Another local, Frank Whiteside was a decent axeman as well, and Laurie Matheson. Maybe Horace remembers some of those blokes from the area back in the day?

Keeping the North Melbourne connection, John Rantall also gets a mention in this...

Mum's family was from Timboon, then moved to Beufort, still have family there. Dare I say it, my Nan was an O'Toole!

Mum's family was from Timboon, then moved to Beufort, still have family there. Dare I say it, my Nan was an O'Toole!
SpiderBurton22 has a story about the Timboon footy club that might give you a nasty surprise. Something to do with wearing gumboots. All I can say is that it happened well after my time there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back