Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the pain.

I now ride on Gatorskin tyres. $60 each. Have not had a rear puncture for 2 years.

Biggest new problem is tyre wire fragments from dudes doing burn outs in cars out the back roads.
Maxxis refuse with silkworm technology are good tires. Used to be signifigently cheaper than contis untill recently it seems a lot of people have caught on. So price has gone up.

Maxxis refuse with silkworm technology are good tires. Used to be signifigently cheaper than contis untill recently it seems a lot of people have caught on. So price has gone up.

Think i had Maxxis brand before Gatorskin. Dont remember type. Cant fault Gatorskin. Tough. Holds pressures well.

Kids today don't laugh.
They just say LOL.
There was funny scene in a movie recently and behind me all I heard a was LOL. lol. Lol. loL from a group of youngsters.
Sounded like muppets.

Given you were seeing a re-run of Schindler's List, it could've been worse.

C5t3-NgFXjnkgG4NUsplq_UDPI2HU4gBX7DZXhfcCiVCVFSOrXs2BmPjaTHppwGTrokL0NXCf6lEJ4WRs6PwHs-BTfv4SVy_FN-6x2VNRQ4F2VOcqzRItbq8sZUiia2R7MSz8sTBXgJMz6eCyKVo65tKexYIWJhy5kodX44hJ7TWngA-NjpPjhdm=w320-h180-nc

What were u doing on a bike at 1am?

As Gifo said, same as every other night koshari. Nuts, I know.

Tonight on 4 Corners they are featuring an expose on online 'Trolls'........

I imagine that'll highlight the worst of the worst, like those willing on depressed people to do self harm or needling family's who've lost a child etc.. Utter scum!

$10/kg for the scungiest little anaemic tomatoes i have ever seen, greengrocer tells me due to weather in Qld, :mad:
don't they do hydroponics here ? (except for ganga)

What do you mean "except for..."

Weather that way has been bad for tomatoes tho, record heat then heaps of rain then record rain when they were fruiting. Sometimes that makes them swell and burst and you can lose heaps, 90% of a crop in a few days. And too much humidity can just rot the plants on the vine. Especially if there are bugs around.

I dont even bother with 'field' tomatoes in Australia. Red but bland...too much post production to keep red...red but unripe.

Go for Cherry tomatoes in the punnets.

The best field tomatoes I ever ate was in Rome in 2014. So sweet you could eat them like apples.

I dont even bother with 'field' tomatoes in Australia. Red but bland...too much post production to keep red...red but unripe.

Go for Cherry tomatoes in the punnets.

The best field tomatoes I ever ate was in Rome in 2014. So sweet you could eat them like apples.

Grow your own.

What do you mean "except for..."

Weather that way has been bad for tomatoes tho, record heat then heaps of rain then record rain when they were fruiting. Sometimes that makes them swell and burst and you can lose heaps, 90% of a crop in a few days. And too much humidity can just rot the plants on the vine. Especially if there are bugs around.
Humidity is a killer (especially if you lack direct sunlight for most of the day). It rains and they can't dry out or the humidity promotes bacteria growth and insects. Then it gets too hot and everything burns. I had a thriving chili tree once. Watered it before work. Came home and all the leaves had dropped off and it was burnt to a crisp. It had shade too. ******* thing took 3 years of my life. Water/seasol/cover/uncover/read it bedtime stories...death.

Potatoes and tomatoes are prone to blight if they aren't grown in the right conditions. You get blight and you need to get rid of it, rotate your crops and it becomes a real pain in the arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Humidity is a killer (especially if you lack direct sunlight for most of the day). It rains and they can't dry out or the humidity promotes bacteria growth and insects. Then it gets too hot and everything burns. I had a thriving chili tree once. Watered it before work. Came home and all the leaves had dropped off and it was burnt to a crisp. It had shade too. ******* thing took 3 years of my life. Water/seasol/cover/uncover/read it bedtime stories...death.

Potatoes and tomatoes are prone to blight if they aren't grown in the right conditions. You get blight and you need to get rid of it, rotate your crops and it becomes a real pain in the arse.

Yeah solanaceae plants are a pain.

What sort of chillis?

We had a birds eye chilli tree that got as the front porch roof. It would produce hundreds of chillis a year, we still have some of the sauce. But I live in subtropical Northern NSW and everything grows like the clappers.

I thought they liked the heat tho. Although ... this summer up here we got 45C+ temps - in places it was as hot as Black Saturday. if this weather keeps up i'm moving to Beaconsfield.

In Tassie.

This seems like the appropriate thread to vent.

One thing that really annoys me is disorganised people in the workplace. An employee from another company tried to get a few of us together to organise a meeting. I understand getting a few people together from different companies is tough given schedule conflicts. Their PA sent a survey over a month again to guage availability. A month later we had to redo it (she lost the info apparently and didn't tell her boss). I changed my availability because i was no longer available on those dates. Haven't heard a thing for 3 weeks (thought it must have been scrapped). Get an email late yesterday asking if i was still coming on Thursday. Asked what he was talking about. He said i had ticked off as being available on this date. Said i am no longer available. Rocked into work with a scathing, log in to work computer, he had mashed a very angry email to me overnight. I forwarded him the email from his PA. He responded and apologised. His PA did not inform him about the lost info and she had not put my email address in the corresponding notices.

It really isn't rocket science.

Yeah solanaceae plants are a pain.

What sort of chillis?

We had a birds eye chilli tree that got as the front porch roof. It would produce hundreds of chillis a year, we still have some of the sauce. But I live in subtropical Northern NSW and everything grows like the clappers.

I thought they liked the heat tho. Although ... this summer up here we got 45C+ temps - in places it was as hot as Black Saturday. if this weather keeps up i'm moving to Beaconsfield.

In Tassie.
Just the longer variety. I also purchased a ghost chilli plant from a chilli festival but that only produced 2 chillis before it flopped. Yeah i got told they like the heat but a lot of the time when it was 35+ and humid the flower would drop off before the chilli shot through. Then one 37 degree day it packed it in (it only got 4 hours of sun too).

I've had the most luck with cherry tomatoes and basil. Both go crazy and it's almost impossible to stuff up (exactly what a novice like me needs). Also had a type of spinach that loves humid conditions. Large leaves that grown on a vine. Delicious and with 25 plants i was swimming in spinach.

haha ShinbonerBaz might be a bit less grumpy now too I seem to remember he was really grumpy about their change :)Although, might have the wrong shapes altogether . No doubt I will be told :p
It was BBQ shapes which you can now get as "original flavour" but they are NOT the same and these ones probably aren't either.

This seems like the appropriate thread to vent.

One thing that really annoys me is disorganised people in the workplace. An employee from another company tried to get a few of us together to organise a meeting. I understand getting a few people together from different companies is tough given schedule conflicts. Their PA sent a survey over a month again to guage availability. A month later we had to redo it (she lost the info apparently and didn't tell her boss). I changed my availability because i was no longer available on those dates. Haven't heard a thing for 3 weeks (thought it must have been scrapped). Get an email late yesterday asking if i was still coming on Thursday. Asked what he was talking about. He said i had ticked off as being available on this date. Said i am no longer available. Rocked into work with a scathing, log in to work computer, he had mashed a very angry email to me overnight. I forwarded him the email from his PA. He responded and apologised. His PA did not inform him about the lost info and she had not put my email address in the corresponding notices.

It really isn't rocket science.
Can relate :) One example A friend told a health company they did not want to be on the list for reminders etc Over the phone. Was told, ok, we will take your name off list .Thank you . A week later , received a letter from same company, stating that he had rung them to take his name from the list so as to not get any more reminders. This was done, they wrote. No more reminders will he get . UNTIL NEXT TIME A REMINDER IS DUE :eek:o_O:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back