News Grundy and Keeffe Back Next Week

Remove this Banner Ad

I was told by a mate after the VFL game that he Talked too Both play next week:)

Though I am not going next week as my little sister's Daughter has her 3rd Birthday Party that day:(

That would be fantastic if both return next week:thumbsu::thumbsu:
It may create a selection dilemma amongst the rucks; if as expected Witts returns to the VFL I would envisage one of Paine or Hudson to be elevated. If it is Paine then all of Witts, Grundy, Hudson, Gault and Keeffe will make for a very tall side.
May be best to give Huddo the week off if not selected in the seniors.

Grundy plays forward, witts rucks, Hudson ruck/forward, with gault and keeffe playing full back/chb.

I wouldn't expect much rucking done by Grundy first match back

That is just great news that they are both close to playing,great results on field and great news about these 2 boys.:):thumbsu:

Grundy plays forward, witts rucks, Hudson ruck/forward, with gault and keeffe playing full back/chb.

I wouldn't expect much rucking done by Grundy first match back
Boland plays FF, Grundy CHF, Witts rucks with Gault and Keeffe playing full back/ CHB. Grundy or Gault to pinch hit.
If not selected in the seniors Hudson then plays as a utility in the VFL or takes notes from the stands assisting in the development of the tall's.

Boland plays FF, Grundy CHF, Witts rucks with Gault and Keeffe playing full back/ CHB. Grundy or Gault to pinch hit.
If not selected in the seniors Hudson then plays as a utility in the VFL or takes notes from the stands assisting in the development of the tall's.

Boland did a hammy yesterday. I doubt he will get up for next week.

That would be fantastic if both return next week:thumbsu::thumbsu:
It may create a selection dilemma amongst the rucks; if as expected Witts returns to the VFL I would envisage one of Paine or Hudson to be elevated. If it is Paine then all of Witts, Grundy, Hudson, Gault and Keeffe will make for a very tall side.
May be best to give Huddo the week off if not selected in the seniors.
Hudson may be required in the seniors if that ridiculous mrp report on Jolly goes anywhere. Youd think if Lindsay Thomas got off in round 1 then he will

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Broomhead go Saturday?

He got through. Was OK for mine, didn't stand out but obviously lacking game time so need a few more weeks to find his place.
One thing that stood out was that his mark with the flight of the ball, got collected by the Geelong player but won a free.

How did Broomhead go Saturday?
Better as the game wore on, his quality was evident though.
I've watched this kid for a couple years and Port would be none to happy that we picked him. He will be a player. His greatest assets are his kicking and elite decision making. What separates him from others with his kicking is that he is multi faceted, he has the ability to kick the ball to advantage, he weights it beautifully demanding his team mates run to the space and can also kick with penetration when kicking for goal.

This kid will be special, I'd bet my jewels on it!!!

Keeffey's back! I was absolutely shattered when he got injured last year. He was showing tonnes of potential and was cementing his place in the team and then he went down with the injury. Cruel luck.

Also looking forward to what Grundy can do. I've heard plenty of great things about him on here.
Was in Adelaide the night he did it (right in front of me) it dampened an otherwise incredible night.

Is there any chance Grundy could play AFL this season?

We've already seen twice that we're willing to play 2 rucks. It's no coincidence that Jolly's best two games have been when Witts has played. I believe Grundy is going to be more 'AFL ready' than Witts has/will be this season. Grundy will play 4-6 weeks in the VFL then get his chance. He may even challenge Jolly for number #1 ruck later in the year. I'm calling it now!!

We've already seen twice that we're willing to play 2 rucks. It's no coincidence that Jolly's best two games have been when Witts has played. I believe Grundy is going to be more 'AFL ready' than Witts has/will be this season. Grundy will play 4-6 weeks in the VFL then get his chance. He may even challenge Jolly for number #1 ruck later in the year. I'm calling it now!!

I'm calling your dealer is selling you good stuff :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back