Analysis Grundy, Cox and Cameron Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcey Cameron may have been recruited for insurance, but now that Grundy has committed, we have considerably more flexibility. As much as Mihochek tries, he is limited in his output.
We all saw how much impact Tom Lynch had for Richmond last year.

Darcey Cameron may have been recruited for insurance, but now that Grundy has committed, we have considerably more flexibility. As much as Mihochek tries, he is limited in his output.
We all saw how much impact Tom Lynch had for Richmond last year.
He might play more Forward but he still be our Number 1 Ruck

His marking has improved and he has the size and athleticism to play the role. Problem is he doesn’t have the forward nouse.

He’s always going to have the rucking intelligence so I don’t mind if it’s a role that gets trialled during the preseason and sounds like a good way to get extra mileage out of him.

Wouldn’t it be great if he finish his career at full forward monstering defenders.

I don’t think that this is totally out of the question. The guy simply can’t ruck for the next seven years, so why not rotate him through this position. He’s agile enough, has a good pair of hands, and kick kick a long goal.
Thoughts.

Grundy is not a good contested mark for his size, never has been. He has improved recently, but he's not a lead and Mark or pack mark player. He can spend the vast majority of the game rucking and also spend time on the bench.

Whats with all these weird threads?
Let's waste Stevo on a wing??? Ben Reid is better than two forwards who've kicked many more goals than Ben ever has (Mihocek and Cox)?? and now maybe the weirdest of them all.... An AA ruckman to CHF....yeah that's a winner....

Really???
Are people sooooooo....missing the footy that they've come to this?

Let's waste Stevo on a wing??? Ben Reid is better than two forwards who've kicked many more goals than Ben ever has (Mihocek and Cox)?? and now maybe the weirdest of them all.... An AA ruckman to CHF....yeah that's a winner....

Really???
Yes. Posters are bored and searching for side issues or lateral solutions to potential problems.

Really???

Lot of New Members but School has Re-Started

Really???
Ben Reid scores way more goals than Cox

Really???
It used to be that such threads were deleted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really???

Neither Cox nor Mihochek has spend more than half their career as a defender.

Glad I didn’t suggest he should play back pocket! There’d probably be a witch hunt for me.
We were beaten badly at centre half forward in the prelim, Mihochek was completely ineffective. For the first time in his career he was heavily targeted as a danger player, and the result was that we lost.
Grundy on the other hand amassed close to record stats as a ruckman that day, but kept palming the ball to his feet, to no obvious advantage, I can’t remember one occasion where he punched it forward a few metres to gain some ground, and catch the Giants out.

In the VFL? or in the 3 games a year that he plays?
Don’t shift the goal posts. The argument over whether Reid is a better forward than Cox is separate to his durability issues. A fit Reid is a far better forward than Cox.

I don’t think that this is totally out of the question. The guy simply can’t ruck for the next seven years, so why not rotate him through this position. He’s agile enough, has a good pair of hands, and kick kick a long goal.
Thoughts.
Still scratching my head, are you basing that on his outstanding previous form as a forward, just no from me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back