Recommitted Gryan Miers [re-signed until end of 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

There could be another reward soon, with Miers hinting that a new contract was on the horizon.

"Talks have started. I'm definitely looking forward to staying at Geelong long term. We'll see how we go over the next few weeks," he said.

Fresh off a rising star nom seems as good a time to start this.

Out of contract and value rising each week, a lot of focus on Tim kelly for the cats but this guy is a serious player that should be in high demand

Salary wise he now should go above the average afl wage so 400k a year would be my guess at his value
He is a good little player but certainly no star. I can't see any other clubs chasing him and will sign on a fairly low wage

$400k for a guy who was pick 57 and has played 8 games in his second year on a list?

People know that the salary cap is about $12.4m and lists are 40-45 players, right?

Had a great start to his career but you don't get to being a regular finals participant by paying every kid that plays a few good games $400k. Will re-sign for a below average contract, surely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$400k for a guy who was pick 57 and has played 8 games in his second year on a list?

People know that the salary cap is about $12.4m and lists are 40-45 players, right?

Had a great start to his career but you don't get to being a regular finals participant by paying every kid that plays a few good games $400k. Will re-sign for a below average contract, surely.
He's a North supporter, 400k is a low offer for them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back