Multiplat GTA Trilogy remaster

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

I thought they came out late 90’s for some reason, but 2001 for gta III & 2002 for gta vc, I was already playing many games back then haha but never got onto those gta games until San Andreas which was 2004 iirc.
I remember the days I got both games.

I played GTA III for about 5 hours straight and was fascinated you get a cop car and just drive around with sirens on. My mum thought cop cars were going up and down the main street we lived hahahaha

Vice City was nuts, reckon I completed it about 4 or 5 times. Just epic.

My only concern with the remasters is the soundtracks, and any licensing issues. Especially for VC and SA, the soundtracks were so important in establishing the setting and creating the right mood, I really hope they're able to keep them.

That's your nostalgia talking lol
Maybe a little, but I don't think I have sunk more hours into a game (Football Manager series aside) than VC. I was 14 when it came out and I reckon I played it constantly for a good two years. Two of my best mates loved it and we would always be talking about it.

It was definitely my favourite iteration (much prefer it over SA), the soundtrack, the characters, the setting, all of it was flawless for me.
Nah, VC was definitely the best.
Yeah, give me that over SA any day.

The recent PS4 versions had some music removed didn't they? Pretty sure I remember being upset at the time that Billie Jean had been removed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Instant buy

Even though I try to play Vice City (on pc) yearly, it does get a bit harder every time as I need to adjust to controlling the camera a lot. While III started the new direction of the GTA series, I like most others LOVE Vice City the most. I was not a fan of San Andreas when I first played it (aside from the fact I finished it within days.... it was just boring (mission structure wasn't exciting or enticing). I went back and played it some years later and appreciated it a little more.

I've purchased and repurchased the trilogy so many times, happy to do so again as they've brought me a lot of joy over the last 20ish years.

Cant say I've ever heard someone call SA boring before.

For me it was extremely boring compared to the fun I had in Vice City. I also found it too easy, the only mission I failed was one where you were on a motobike tailgating people on train tracks (it's been years so I can't remember the mission name). I did like being able to take advantage of the car physics mixed with the world environment - there was a scenario where you had to get away from being chased.... one particular segment was an S bend on a hill....... I did what most people probably would have done to take a short cut...... I opted to drive off the hill straight down instead of staying on the S road. Saved myself time and managed to get away a lot easier.

The most interesting thing about the game was when I heard James Woods in the game :p

The recent PS4 versions had some music removed didn't they? Pretty sure I remember being upset at the time that Billie Jean had been removed.

Yes, that's the licensing issues I mentioned above, the digital re-releases have had some songs removed due to the licences to use them expiring. Thankfully I still have the original discs, but once I heard about this issue I decided against the re-releases. If the soundtracks are kept, I am so ****ing up for the remakes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back