FTA-TV Guardian readers top 10 Simpsons episodes.

Remove this Banner Ad

So much win in this thread.

Anyone else think "The City of New York vs Homer Simpson" is a little underrated? I think they stopped showing it on TV since 2001 because of the Twin Towers scenes, but it's a quality episode. Khlav-Kalash guy is a cracker, Barts journey to MAD magazine, and Lisa/Marge's broadway show - all fantastic IMO.

It's hilarious from the beginning. My #1

No mention of "Weekend at Burnsies"

Homer has his eye pecked out by crows. Get's prescribed medicinal marijuana. The scene where he goes to work. Everything in vibrant colours, he cuts himself shaving and rainbows come out of his skin. He gets in the car and it just lifts off and flies him to work :D

Then he gets made Vice President cos he laughs at all of Mr. Burns' jokes. Love it.

I think it's great!

In my opinion probably the last great episode they made.

Some very early classics but probably not top 10 worthy

- Homer mets Herb and designs the car

- Bart, Milhouse and Martin buy the comic book and can't decided who takes it home

- Flamin' Moes

Was at JB earlier today and saw Simpsons DVDs in one of those bargain bin things, had a squiz expecting them to be later seasons, and there were quite a few earlier ones.

Looked at Season 5 - geez it starts strong with Homer's Barbershop Quarter and Cape Feare.

There's barely a bad episode between seasons 3-10

An unbelievable run for a TV show

I agree.

As my post at the top of page states, City of New York vs Homer Simpson is my favourite.

Others include;

Homer vs the Eighteenth Amendment, Summer of 4ft 2, Lemon of Troy, Bart Vs Australia, Rosebud, Last Exit To Springfield, Deep Space Homer, Marge vs The Monorail, Lisa on Ice, Hurricane Neddy, Homer's Enemy.

I agree.

As my post at the top of page states, City of New York vs Homer Simpson is my favourite.

Others include;

Homer vs the Eighteenth Amendment, Summer of 4ft 2, Lemon of Troy, Bart Vs Australia, Rosebud, Last Exit To Springfield, Deep Space Homer, Marge vs The Monorail, Lisa on Ice, Hurricane Neddy, Homer's Enemy.

The best lines in the Australia episode are about the mulunga gilderchuck and calling the bullfrogs chuzzwazzers hahaha.

As for my top 10.

1) The City of New York Vs. Homer Simpson
The whole episode is hilarious. I remember watching it when I was about 19 a few years ago and I realised how funny it really was.
2) Lisa The Simpson
3) Homer vs The Eighteenth Amendment
4) Lisa The Vegetarian
5) Homers Enemy
6) Bart vs Australia
7) Deep Space Homer
8) Last Exit To Springfield
9) Hurricane Neddy
10) Lemon of Troy

Honorable mentions
Summer of 4 ft 2
Reality bites
Das Bus
Homer Loves Flanders
Cape Feare

Honestly surprised that Lisa the Vegetarian and Lisa The Simpson haven't been mentioned. Lisa The Simpson is pretty much as funny as City of NY vs Homer Simpson.

My top 10 would probably change tomorrow. But that's what it is now.
Sorry for the spam. But I made that last post 7 years ago and it probably hasn't changed.

Lisa The Simpson & Lisa The Vegetarian are incredible episodes.

Would add Monorail, Rosebud and Lisa on Ice as hon. mentions though, that's for sure.

Season 9 is my cut off. Last appearance of Lionel Hutz.

Season 10 has a smattering of good episodes but the decline was on. Celebrities playing themselves.

Lame by the turn of the century.

14:57 onward describes the decline.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, I've never really enjoyed Last Exit To Springfield like majority of other people do.
No "You Only Move Twice?
OH MY GOODNESS. My initial post was meant to be You Only Move Twice. Last Exit is one of the GOATs.

Never loved the Scorpio episde like others have. I could name at least 20 I enjoy more than that episode. Same as Stonecutters.

Season 9 is my cut off. Last appearance of Lionel Hutz.

Season 10 has a smattering of good episodes but the decline was on. Celebrities playing themselves.

Lame by the turn of the century.

14:57 onward describes the decline.

Lionel Hutz is BY FAR the best side character in the entire series IMO. Say hello to Miguel Sanchez!

10 and 11 are OK, but I think I gave up not long after that.

Weird to read stuff you've written 7 years ago. Changed so much since then...

A little bit sad that this show is still around, growing up when it was in it's prime certainly shaped me in some ways. Disappointing to think at some point I'll make a Simpsons reference to someone I'm talking to and realise I'm the 'Old guy' as they stare back blank faced.

It's now been bad twice as long as it was great.

Remember 2005 if you called it s**t people would go "Nah man it's The Simpsons man it's awesomez!!!". campaigners. Nobody bothers defending it now.

A little bit sad that this show is still around, growing up when it was in it's prime certainly shaped me in some ways. Disappointing to think at some point I'll make a Simpsons reference to someone I'm talking to and realise I'm the 'Old guy' as they stare back blank faced.
I sleep in a racing car bed, do you?

itll-happen-to-you.png

OH MY GOODNESS. My initial post was meant to be You Only Move Twice. Last Exit is one of the GOATs.

Never loved the Scorpio episde like others have. I could name at least 20 I enjoy more than that episode. Same as Stonecutters.

Lionel Hutz is BY FAR the best side character in the entire series IMO. Say hello to Miguel Sanchez!

10 and 11 are OK, but I think I gave up not long after that.

Hello?

Quick ten off the top of my head (slight Kelsey Grammer bias)

Lemon of Troy, Sideshow Bob Roberts, Cape feare, brother from another series, oh brother where art thou?, Brother, can you spare two dimes?, Dead putting society, Krusty gets kancelled, radio Bart, the boy who knew too much

My favouite is Marge vs. the Monorail. Homer Goes to College is a close second.

You watch episodes like this and you think about how much gold we missed out with Conan leaving to do his TV show. If he didn't get poached he probably ends up being showrunner at some stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back