News Gubby Allen coming to the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

interesting that he is reporting to pert..... recruiting is recruiting is recruiting.... whatever the name is. The reporting arrangements at Collingwood are getting more and more complicated. I'm not sure who Derek reports to. Does he know?

His responsibilities:
  • Oversee our women's team (assuming we have one), our multicultural and indigenous academy programs (Tennant Creek in the NT and Oakleigh), and the father-son academy program.
  • His role will sit outside the traditional AFL program.
  • Will report directly to Pert.
He starts next Monday.

His responsibilities:
  • Oversee our women's team (assuming we have one), our multicultural and indigenous academy programs (Tennant Creek in the NT and Oakleigh), and the father-son academy program.
He starts next Monday.

Taking time to read the article his resume certainly makes him an outstanding candidate, most notably his 2 decades in non traditional football states. His GWS experience would make him aware of all the loopholes.

Asked my friend who works for GWS if he was coming to us the other week. They said it would probably happen. Apparently they liked him around the club as a person but wasn't doing too much other than enjoying a few wines after work lol.

Gubby is coming back in this capacity:

Collingwood’s commitment to the development of, and search for, new talent has seen one of the AFL’s most experienced and successful administrators, Graeme Allan, appointed to the position of General Manager of Next Generation Academies and Teams.

See more here:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-05-03/allan-returns-to-the-magpie-nest

Terrific appointment. We need to be aggressively looking at alternate talent pathways to compete with GWS / GCS over the next decade. Cox is just the tip of the iceberg of talent available.

No concerns at all that he is reporting to Pert. Gubby being a senior administrator probably wanted a direct line to the top as part of his employment.

Well done pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His responsibilities:
He starts next Monday.

Seems like a fairly cushy job.

Wonder if we'll use him to try get some more of the GWS boys across?

Good move.
Good operator.
Now for some new else talent please mr Allen

Asked my friend who works for GWS if he was coming to us the other week. They said it would probably happen. Apparently they liked him around the club as a person but wasn't doing too much other than enjoying a few wines after work lol.
That's funny. I spent a bit of time with him up in Brisbane in 2003/4. He certainly enjoyed life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back