News Gubby Allen coming to the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Posted this on another thread but probably belongs here:

If she is right, how is the issue not the fact that the competition had a player in the finals, and was one kick away from playing in a grand final, that broke ASADA rules. Surely that is the main story.
The reason why is probably what you insinuate - that Caroline is more interested in promoting an anti Collingwood bias in ignoring Lambert and Whitfield's roles in the episode. In all her raves and articles Allan is the sole target of her tongue lashings.

If Gubby weren't at Collingwood now nothing would be happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on. This is a non story that has been given oxygen because it now impacts Collingwood. Since when is helping a young player a crime? It's disgusting that Gubby is even being questioned over it.

Spot on. This is a non story that has been given oxygen because it now impacts Collingwood. Since when is helping a young player a crime? It's disgusting that Gubby is even being questioned over it.

Exactly jmac. The AFL has procrastinated over this for the past 18 months and have done nothing. They know they can't do anything however these so called journos are trying to make something of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I defended her journalistic rights to this story, but now agree that Allan is going to be hard to nail in this investigation. Caroline Wilson is like a dog with a tennis ball on the topic of Allan. She certainly seemed confident of her sauces but her repetitive tirades are wearing thin. The show tends towards sensationalism in its style, largely because of the presence of Dave's ambulance chaser and Hutchie.

Forgot to add that some idiot behind me got so excited, spilt his drink all over me and the person in front of me. The guy in front gives me a stare and accuses me, I called him an idiot and asked him if it was before or after I threw it on myself.
Very bad day.
Oh oh oh dear.
I've always felt guilty that day.
Spilt drinks on such a lovely lady, then the crude fellow in front of her accused her.
Oh dear.*

*this could be a totally made up fabrication or just not true. After all the truth was evoked.

Don't knock the Truth, had the best form guide and tipsters.
Maggie I'm shocked.
Not at the races interest, that's an extra like :), but the truth......?

I defended her journalistic rights to this story, but now agree that Allan is going to be hard to nail in this investigation. Caroline Wilson is like a dog with a tennis ball on the topic of Allan. She certainly seemed confident of her sauces but her repetitive tirades are wearing thin. The show tends towards sensationalism in its style, largely because of the presence of Dave's ambulance chaser and Hutchie.

It's on too late for me.

The Age is coming for him....

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/graeme...ie-whitfields-girlfriend-20160928-grqoo3.html

Former GWS football boss Graeme Allan told a staff member to delete an email from Lachie Whitfield's girlfriend raising alarms about the player's alleged drug use and behaviour.

Whitfield's girlfriend had emailed a player welfare worker at the club, Brett Hand, expressing concern at her boyfriend's behaviour, possible drug use and hiding from drug testers.

The fear, as expressed in the text messages, was that he had taken an illicit substance that might have been laced with a performance-enhancing substance such as had occurred with Collingwood pair Lachlan Keeffe and Josh Thomas.

Avoiding an illicit drug test would only have drawn a strike under the AFL's illicit drug code but seeking to avoid a test out of fear of performance-enhancing drugs being present falls under the WADA code and if found guilty draws a mandatory minimum four-year ban for the player and the two officials, Allan and Lambert.

Edit: Apologies just noticed it on the previous page.

will the hun have a page 3 girl?
I never knew abou page 3 girls until I went to the UK when I was 20. Imagine my surprise when I opened up the daily star the first morning to see a lovely set of mammaries staring me in the face :D

The reason why is probably what you insinuate - that Caroline is more interested in promoting an anti Collingwood bias in ignoring Lambert and Whitfield's roles in the episode. In all her raves and articles Allan is the sole target of her tongue lashings.
If the insinuations ar accurate adn I am suire they are to be honest the Allen SENT Whitfield to Lamberts. While plenty of clubs have sent home plenty of players from training (we did it with Swan and others) this is a little more orchestrated and Allen was doind what Allen does. There is actually nothing wrong with anything that has been written. It anything the writers like Caro are beinmg extra careful for legal reasons.

If the insinuations ar accurate adn I am suire they are to be honest the Allen SENT Whitfield to Lamberts. While plenty of clubs have sent home plenty of players from training (we did it with Swan and others) this is a little more orchestrated and Allen was doind what Allen does. There is actually nothing wrong with anything that has been written. It anything the writers like Caro are beinmg extra careful for legal reasons.
Bloody bitter ex-girlfriends causing trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree- Libba is found in the gutter off his head. And I'm sure WB officials acted with the same actions and intent as GA, but I don't recall any investigation into WB officials in protecting Libba.

Caro is just being Caro and we just have to accept it but I agree with you on Allan and think some are missing the point.

If he did orchestrate this by asking an employee to delete emails, texts and send the player to Lambert's home to protect the player then what is the lesson learned by the player? This really doesn't sit comfortably with me even though there may not be an AFL penalty I don't want to go back to the old days where the club protects the player in what seems to be inappropriate behaviour.

Caro is just being Caro and we just have to accept it but I agree with you on Allan and think some are missing the point.

If he did orchestrate this by asking an employee to delete emails, texts and send the player to Lambert's home to protect the player then what is the lesson learned by the player? This really doesn't sit comfortably with me even though there may not be an AFL penalty I don't want to go back to the old days where the club protects the player in what seems to be inappropriate behaviour.

Maggie5 you are aware it was "our" Club that got the drug loophole closed?

Be careful throwing those stones in our glass house. ;)

Agree- Libba is found in the gutter off his head. And I'm sure WB officials acted with the same actions and intent as GA, but I don't recall any investigation into WB officials in protecting Libba.

that's all gubby had to say...."I sent him to lamberts because I was worried about his health".

The biggest mistake Gubby made was not getting the AFL on board with hiding Whitfield from testers. He could learn a thing or two from Andrew Ireland.

The biggest mistake Gubby made was not getting the AFL on board with hiding Whitfield from testers. He could learn a thing or two from Andrew Ireland.

The mental health card you reckon Jasper84?

The mental health card you reckon Jasper84?
The neat thing about it, is that the AFL can put a veto on all media outlets talking about the subject. Even now it's near on impossible for any member of the public to leave a comment at the bottom of an article about a certain Swans player. I may have said too much already.

Maggie5 you are aware it was "our" Club that got the drug loophole closed?

Be careful throwing those stones in our glass house. ;)
No sure what your point is. Are you saying it is a good thing?

I should remind you that I am so anti illegal drug taking, don't care who it is, have seen too much in my life including losing two nephews that thought it was fun in the beginning.

No sure what your point is. Are you saying it is a good thing?

I should remind you that I am so anti illegal drug taking, don't care who it is, have seen too much in my life including losing two nephews that thought it was fun in the beginning.

Fair enough about your stance on drugs..........but if you think what Gubby "allegedly" did at GWS doesn't happen at every other Club in the AFL you are kidding yourself.

Fair enough about your stance on drugs..........but if you think what Gubby "allegedly" did at GWS doesn't happen at every other Club in the AFL you are kidding yourself.
But you see that is my point, I couldn't give a stuff about what happens at other clubs and how they hide it under the carpet.

I only care about how my club is run.

Really surprised at you thinking like that.

But you see that is my point, I couldn't give a stuff about what happens at other clubs and how they hide it under the carpet.

I only care about how my club is run.

Really surprised at you thinking like that.

That was my point initially about "throwing stones in glass houses"

Whether its drugs or alcohol or cheating on wives or any other controversy these things have and always will be covered up.

I'm afraid if Gubby is suspended for three months, then it is a serious matter. And if we let him call the shots during that period, then we would be wrong. The point of a suspension is to be prevented from doing your job. If the club ignored that - which I am confident we wouldn't - then we would truly have lost the plot. We have lived for years off Carlton 'ignoring' the salary cap, and Essendon 'ignoring' player health and good governance. Rules are there for a reason, and I would expect my club to respect the rules and take whatever is coming on the chin.

Saying that, this is not of our own making and I have no idea if Caro is right or wrong with this, and I hope the latter. She has a tendency to focus on the Pies when things turn sour at Punt Road. I am not defending her, and I hope this is quickly resolved. But an administrator being suspended by the AFL is no laughing matter.

Could be seen yet another Stuff up from ED/Board/Pert

Remove this Banner Ad

Back