News Gubby joins StKilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I quite like the fact we've taken on guys who have had checkered pasts...first Jake who ended up turning his career around and is one of, if not our best player.

Then Lethers after his whole relationship fiasco...a great football operator who knows how to make the hard calls and has that ruthless edge that we need. Has shown over the last 3 months he is willing and capable of making change. I don't think he has a put foot wrong since he joined. Now Gubby after the Whitfield drama. One of the smartest list builders in the game. He will be invaluable to our program and more broadly the entire club.

We are looking very, very strong off-field heading into 2019, and make no mistake, the off-field structure plays a huge part of the overall success of the team. If we can turn ourselves around on game day next year we will have an enjoyable year IMO.

In previous years we could've used the excuse of Richo doesn't have help, the assistants are average, the club needs to restructure the football department, etc...heading into next year however those holes have been filled by very experienced replacements and it really is now or never for Richardson. We will know for certain if he can coach or not. If he can't do it with the guys around him now he will never do it.

how do we know he was the main reason ... again not defending him but this is an assumption that it was all his fault ... the fact is we had a few assistants who were (while great fellas) not up to the job , Mcphee was a WAFL coach who was known for developing kids to get drafted he was the main guy for our midfield ... we have a lot of issues and im sure Richo does put his hand up for a lot of the issues but we as a club didnt really set our team up for success with the rag tag group of coaches we had last year , our coaching team were great to get the guys to bring effort but once we lost some of our better players that effort counted for nothing
Because the buck stops with him. If someone else is making bad decisions under him then it's his job to course correct and he miserably failed at that.

RUOK? Somebody disagree with you opinion or something

Seriously mowman is a hypocrite and a non entity.

Snipes at everyone then gets triggered when he starts his 'sack Richo' borefest on yet another unrelated thread and gets called on it.

But typical. Thin skinned

Have a good night, gringo, don't be too sad

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mowman is a good poster over a long period who's struggling with a s**t year, I can relate to that. It's a broad church full of everything from the doubting Thomas' to the full on zealots. We all have our place, unfortunately we are cast outside the village and branded heretics. Didn't Jesus say the negative will inherit the earth or something?

I quite like the fact we've taken on guys who have had checkered pasts...first Jake who ended up turning his career around and is one of, if not our best player.

Then Lethers after his whole relationship fiasco...a great football operator who knows how to make the hard calls and has that ruthless edge that we need. Has shown over the last 3 months he is willing and capable of making change. I don't think he has a put foot wrong since he joined. Now Gubby after the Whitfield drama. One of the smartest list builders in the game. He will be invaluable to our program and more broadly the entire club.

We are looking very, very strong off-field heading into 2019, and make no mistake, the off-field structure plays a huge part of the overall success of the team. If we can turn ourselves around on game day next year we will have an enjoyable year IMO.

In previous years we could've used the excuse of Richo doesn't have help, the assistants are average, the club needs to restructure the football department, etc...heading into next year however those holes have been filled by very experienced replacements and it really is now or never for Richardson. We will know for certain if he can coach or not. If he can't do it with the guys around him now he will never do it.
Floored Geniii. That's the plural term :p

Joffa's taking a break from BigFooty for a little bit and the rest of you guys please just report posts, don't bother getting into it with other posters. Posts will be deleted and warnings given anyway.

Lets move on and keep it on topic.

I don't rate the Pelican, history shows his plan was a lemon. Gubby is a real positive though, a man to oversee the footy department and create a strategy with real experience is gold. Who ever organised it is a gun. China is a great initiative to put money back as well. Good off season so far. Nail the draft and it's a good lead in to 2019.
The fact he didn’t get another real job after we sacked him says a bit..

This place needs more hugs
01-funny-gif-256-cat-gives-dog-hug.gif

The fact he didn’t get another real job after we sacked him says a bit..
I think he thought more highly of himself then anyone else did

Why do people get so worked up over other people’s opinion? :think:

I find that angry ants such as Joffa just need a bit of love. Don’t bite back, just give the cranky campaigner a big cuddle.

Anyhow, like many have said, I love this appointment. He’s a true pro that’s worked in many successful environments over a few decades.

Rats - Tick. Who will improve the most under his tutelage? I’m going with Gresh who will likely play a lot more in the midfield.

Gubby - tick. Who do we recruit over the next 12 months? Whitfield!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find that angry ants such as Joffa just need a bit of love. Don’t bite back, just give the cranky campaigner a big cuddle.

Anyhow, like many have said, I love this appointment. He’s a true pro that’s worked in many successful environments over a few decades.

Rats - Tick. Who will improve the most under his tutelage? I’m going with Gresh who will likely play a lot more in the midfield.

Jade Gresham 2021 Brownlow Medalist?

He did it with Tom Mitchell.

Thoughts?

I’m certain Billing’s will improve under Rats. He is so good with bringing out the confidence in players. Highlighting their best attributes and harnessing it, rather than focusing on their weakness.

Add Long, Gresh, Webster to that good as well.

Next thing that must be ticked off, Gresh signs 5 year deal

Jade Gresham 2021 Brownlow Medalist?

He did it with Tom Mitchell.

Thoughts?

A bit of Ablett junior about the way he plays & the start to his career. He’s already shown he’s a master around stoppages he only needs to build his tank & be given the extra responsibility to flourish.

I’m certain Billing’s will improve under Rats. He is so good with bringing out the confidence in players. Highlighting their best attributes and harnessing it, rather than focusing on their weakness.

Add Long, Gresh, Webster to that good as well.

If blokes with obvious talent such as Billings, Gresham & Long take the next step then we’ll improve dramatically. It was for all to see that our players had zero confidence this year, especially Billings.

Saints are doing a lot right.

Off the back of a crappy season and a reasonably underwhelming trade period they’ve still been able to generate a bit of excitement and optimism.

Think Gubby will be great for our club.

Raise a glass for the Saints folk that don’t actually have to kick the ball. (EDIT: I don’t mean Billy Longer here).

Hopefully it translates onto the field.
I think the "excitement and optimism" is so critical in building momentum especially at this time of the year both for players and for supporters. And for memberships.

I don't think I'm alone in thinking that the end of a disappointing season already feels a long time ago. We are in good hands.

A bit of Ablett junior about the way he plays & the start to his career. He’s already shown he’s a master around stoppages he only needs to build his tank & be given the extra responsibility to flourish.
If you've seen old highlights of Darrel Baldock you'll probably notice they look exactly the same.

Undersized, low centre of gravity, evasive, great vision...

No wonder Gresh is in the no.4....

Definitely worth pick 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back