News Gubby accepts 12 month ban and resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone leaked to Slobbo. Who and why? Season is almost over, I can understand they let it rest during but I still expect something in the off season to be happening there. Chapter is not closed yet.

Players is where I agree but who tells Holden to harden the f**k up. We didn't, we bent over.
Eddies remarks : Are you now saying that is a responsibility of Balme? Shouldn't Balme give Eddie the boot instead of the other way around?
I thought the word was that the 'leak' came from within the AFL admin...cough former carlton player cough...

More like cough former Fitzroy and cough Collingwood player.
Or maybe the Herald employee (journalist would be a misnomer) just made up guesses because he has a lower thresh hold of integrity?

I thought Tesla invented the light bulb

True story ...

I'm currently sitting outside in the sunshine at my local cafe, reggae music is playing in the background. From time to time I check BigFooty. I have my laptop open and I am designing a new lightbulb.

True story ...

I'm currently sitting outside in the sunshine at my local cafe, reggae music is playing in the background. From time to time I check BigFooty. I have my laptop open and I am designing a new lightbulb.
Fantastic.
Love bob Marley and reggae is great.
Sounds like paradise.
I'm hoping you gave a light bulb moment today too

It'd take a very naive, unsophisticated and churlish person to believe - at a minimum - Gubby couldn't be retasked at a moment's notice if he needed to be.

Doubt Balme and Hine would have gotten to where they are without seeing the writing on the wall with that one.

I heard GUbby speak mid-year where he said he wasn't having much to do with the women's footy team - he was leaving that pretty much up to Meg Hutchins to look after.

I can't believe that after no finals for 3 years that anyone at the club could possibly feel their job is safe. Anyone who is bagging the club about the changes and accepting that Balme and Hine have a right to feel upset, really?? If in fact it is true they are upset (take Warner & Barrett with a grain of salt) then that says more about them than the club.

Wow so many people are very quick on this board to turn on Hine it amazes me....i think we lack a few key position players but all in all I still think our list is in good nick.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

More like cough former Fitzroy and cough Collingwood player.
As an aside how many players say since the 70s played for both Collingwood and Fitzroy?

Pert
Irwin
Allen
Woods
Manson
Thompson (Len)
Richardson (Max)

Wow so many people are very quick on this board to turn on Hine it amazes me....i think we lack a few key position players but all in all I still think our list is in good nick.

Hine and co have done a fine job
You only get about a pick every 18 goes or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where have you heard this? I would be highly surprised if it were true. We have one of the highest football department spending in the league and one of the highest revenue turnovers. Why would we neglect recruiting? If it is true I don't see how Pert can keep his job.
Knightmare has mentioned that Hine told him they were relatively under resourced when he interviewed him for a podcast.

ALL HAIL GUBBY!

MUeQeEQaDCjE4.gif
We're not worthy.
We're not worthy

As an aside how many players say since the 70s played for both Collingwood and Fitzroy?

Pert
Irwin
Allen
Woods
Manson
Thompson (Len)
Richardson (Max)
Leigh Carlson
Geoff Austin

Full article and audio from 3AW

http://m.3aw.com.au/news/caroline-w...er-gubby-allan-promotion-20160827-gr2mng.html

What is extraordinary Caroline is how pathetic your team is.

Instead of worrying about how much of a basket case your team is, you are worried that Collingwood is doing a much needed overhaul of their football department and have (or are going to) appoint a proven person to oversee this.

I didn't know you really cared about the inner workings of our club.

Now how are your Tigers going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is extraordinary Caroline is how pathetic your team is.

Instead of worrying about how much of a basket case your team is, you are worried that Collingwood is doing a much needed overhaul of their football department and have (or are going to) appoint a proven person to oversee this.

I didn't know you really cared about the inner workings of our club.

Now how are your Tigers going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She should worry about her beloved tigers. Not once does she go for the gullet when it's regarding Richmond

I am on the board and I can see the decision has been made for me by the President who conveniently brought his own man to remove all evidence before what was established what has gone wrong. A thorough clean out is not a thorough review.

No but it may be the outcome of a thorough review.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back