News Gubby accepts 12 month ban and resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

It is if that is the way you see it.

Buckley W61/L53 still ahead of the ledger.

Going on Win/Loss then Roos at Melbourne, W21/Lost45.
Given his record was a massive failure, yet a number of posters consider him to be a great coach..

Bucks had a Premiership Team so of course he Started but team got Worse.

Roos Started with a Joke that Dees and Made them a lot better

Bucks had a Premiership Team so of course he Started but team got Worse.

Roos Started with a Joke that Dees and Made them a lot better
In your opinion.
You really should let it go, don't think there is anyone that doesn't know your feelings about Buckley.
Just like my opinion about Grundy is so different to many on here.

It is if that is the way you see it.

Buckley W61/L53 still ahead of the ledger.

Going on Win/Loss then Roos at Melbourne, W21/Lost45.
Given his record was a massive failure, yet a number of posters consider him to be a great coach..

In fairness Maggie I reckon your comparing apples to oranges Bucks inherited a side that played in 2 straight flags that still had a pretty good age profile and Roos inherited the worst list in the league.

FWIW i am not convinced roos would be the best man for us anyway.

I believe so. Should be a big crowd.
already wish it was tomorrow so that the white noise of the off season could be forgotten. It is going to be a long winter oops mean summer

In fairness Maggie I reckon your comparing apples to oranges Bucks inherited a side that played in 2 straight flags that still had a pretty good age profile and Roos inherited the worst list in the league.

Those that left were cooked, that including one of my favourites in Didak.
Rebuild was necessary in my opinion. Anyway too late now, work with what we have for this year.

Before anyone gets any further carried away with Gubby possible suspension I'll share some logic I came across from a GWS poster (hence I haven't quoted it as not sure that's allowed).
"If he had have hidden from, or been hidden by somebody else, from drug testers, then he would have already been suspended.

If drug testers turn up and you're not there and cannot be found within a reasonable period of time then it's going to be all over the news and you're going to be f#*ked. Simple as that.

Fact here is that he didn't avoid drug testers because there were no drug testers to avoid."

Now, I'm not sure Whitfield would have been suspended if hidden from drug testers but I strongly believe GWS would have been fined for not having provided up to date info on his whereabouts.

My google search on 'gws fines' shows they got at least one fine for this type of thing in March 2015.
Whitfield 'hiding' is alleged to be May 2015.

Anyone worried should seek evidence of GWS fines after May 2015 (or it's that GWS 'hid' him in case of testing).

Those that left were cooked, that including one of my favourites in Didak.
Rebuild was necessary in my opinion. Anyway too late now, work with what we have for this year.

I agree we need to work with what we have. Can't change the past I just think comparing what Roos had compared to what Bucks had is chalk and cheese. I think any nuetral support would agree.On the list Bucks had we will agree to disagree. I think he still inherited a very good list.

As I said Im not sure Roos is the right person to take us forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That what I said in my Post.

They Started in Totally different Situations

Before anyone gets any further carried away with Gubby possible suspension I'll share some logic I came across from a GWS poster (hence I haven't quoted it as not sure that's allowed).
"If he had have hidden from, or been hidden by somebody else, from drug testers, then he would have already been suspended.

If drug testers turn up and you're not there and cannot be found within a reasonable period of time then it's going to be all over the news and you're going to be f#*ked. Simple as that.

Fact here is that he didn't avoid drug testers because there were no drug testers to avoid."

Now, I'm not sure Whitfield would have been suspended if hidden from drug testers but I strongly believe GWS would have been fined for not having provided up to date info on his whereabouts.

My google search on 'gws fines' shows they got at least one fine for this type of thing in March 2015.
Whitfield 'hiding' is alleged to be May 2015.

Anyone worried should seek evidence of GWS fines after May 2015 (or it's that GWS 'hid' him in case of testing).

I think the fact that ASADA are now involved and the case is not closed is enough reason to be concerned. If there was not reason to be concerned the case would be closed

Just to clarify my Roos comments, I dont think he did any more than a good ordinary job at Melbourne. He was ok and left it in better shape but Paul Roos in the mid 90s was a much better coach.

Give me a coach who coaches for the love of the game and desire to be the best ahead of a coach who you can only secure by paying him 2 Mil a year any day. Not the right motivation for me.

Anyone know anything more about this part of your post?

The matter was done and dusted -that is until Gubby was moved into his current role. There are many conspiracy theories as to who and why it has resurfaced.

None of the above is me saying that if impropriety is found there shouldn't be suspensions just that it is interesting that information was released via a leak/s after the Gubby appointment.

I think the fact that ASADA are now involved and the case is not closed is enough reason to be concerned. If there was not reason to be concerned the case would be closed

What I don't understand in this whole situation is how 6 - 8 weeks ago ASADA hands the issue back to the AFL saying it's not within our remit, it's your problem to deal with AFL as it sits under your illicit drug policy. All of a sudden it's now a PED issue with associated speculation of infractions - what has driven this about face and why? This picture is incomplete and the usual suspects in the media are out crusading again.

The matter was done and dusted -that is until Gubby was moved into his current role. There are many conspiracy theories as to who and why it has resurfaced.

None of the above is me saying that if impropriety is found there shouldn't be suspensions just that it is interesting that information was released via a leak/s after the Gubby appointment.
It has been implied quite pointedly that GWS leaked it and it makes sense that they had their nose out of joint about Allan and his role in the Treloar trade. What's surprising is that it was rumoured well before last year's trade period that Allan had been approached to come back to a Collingwood. So it's their fault they were blindsided and didn't exclude him from any negotiations with collingwood and GWS. I wonder if GWS were ensuring by leaking that Allan is included in any sanction that comes from this or were deliberately trying to make life difficult for EM due to his role in securing Allan.

Either way, they stand to lose the most with Whitfields suspension and possibly draft sanctions. Allan may find himself out of a job, but he's only ever a phone call away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back