Guernsey manufacturer/sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but these are two pics of the jumper for 2021.
Now, they aren't the same--if you look at the cut off trim section.
The one the players wear is black yet the one the club is selling is white.
Minor detail perhaps but when you have one home jumper, it should be the same version throughout from players and then to fans to access/purchase.

1610152327066.png

1610152356184.png

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but these are two pics of the jumper for 2021.
Now, they aren't the same--if you look at the cut off trim section.
The one the players wear is black yet the one the club is selling is white.
Minor detail perhaps but when you have one home jumper, it should be the same version throughout from players and then to fans to access/purchase.

View attachment 1038002

View attachment 1038003

No, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. The top photos is a player issued jumper while the bottom one is a replica as sold in the club shop. You will note that the neck area is black on the top photo. This is the pocket for the GPS tracker.

Somebody on Nick's reckons the Holden Centre will also change to the Nike Centre with an announcement next week. Anybody else heard that?

Would make sense. We can’t use the name Holden forever especially with them no longer the sponsor.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I've worn my polo twice and the ironed on sponsors are already starting to give on the corners. I'll gently hand wash the shirt but I don't know how long they'll hold on. It's quite a nice polo but it's shame the quality has been skipped a bit in some ways.

View attachment 1094269
View attachment 1094272
Great quality first wash never been worn paid $90 for it
This is unfortunate, even ISC had embraided logos, just a symptom of the Nike mass-produce model :(

Hey at least this doesn't happen with the guernseys, unlike when Carlton had Nike recently, all the logos (even the CFC monogram) were iron on and subject to peeling off in game lol

i was watching some US baseball yesterday to kill 15 minutes and all the stuff they wear looks much like it would have done 100 years ago. No logos, just team guernsey. There was a tick or two but not noticeable. Strangely, the players in this league are probably paid the most of any sport so it seems the people who run the sport can find other ways to pay the bills. I'd be willing to contribute to a fund to get rid of that emirates logo.

i was watching some US baseball yesterday to kill 15 minutes and all the stuff they wear looks much like it would have done 100 years ago. No logos, just team guernsey. There was a tick or two but not noticeable. Strangely, the players in this league are probably paid the most of any sport so it seems the people who run the sport can find other ways to pay the bills. I'd be willing to contribute to a fund to get rid of that emirates logo.
Playing 160 games a season helps

Playing 160 games a season helps

its a good point but it would be easy to sell real estate on their guernseys... but obviously the income doesn't buy their connection with the past.

about the jumpers themselves, I was just checking out some cheap camera accessories that i got for my nikon camera.....cheap chinese brand... the filter bag is all stitched with the logo stitched on. The same for the lens bag. And yet for $100+ guerneys, they cant be bothered using something better than contact glue.. the reality is when you buy a guernsey, you're paying for the CEO of the apparel company's next ski holiday.

its a good point but it would be easy to sell real estate on their guernseys... but obviously the income doesn't buy their connection with the past.

about the jumpers themselves, I was just checking out some cheap camera accessories that i got for my nikon camera.....cheap chinese brand... the filter bag is all stitched with the logo stitched on. The same for the lens bag. And yet for $100+ guerneys, they cant be bothered using something better than contact glue.. the reality is when you buy a guernsey, you're paying for the CEO of the apparel company's next ski holiday.

Japanese and they are a quality brand.

Japanese and they are a quality brand.

I'm talking about the accessories " I was just checking out some cheap camera accessories that i got for my nikon camera.....cheap chinese brand "

The fact is nike gets it stuff made in asian factories by subcontractors "Most of the factories are located in Asia, including Indonesia, China, Taiwan, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Pakistan, Philippines, and Malaysia."

If nike stuff is better than star athletic its because they gave the subbies a little more money to make the item....maybe $15 rather than $10 for each guernsey...and they pass on that extra cost to the customer and add a little more for michael jordan and for the CEO's villa in the south of france and the bonuses for the board

I'm talking about the accessories " I was just checking out some cheap camera accessories that i got for my nikon camera.....cheap chinese brand "

The fact is nike gets it stuff made in asian factories by subcontractors "Most of the factories are located in Asia, including Indonesia, China, Taiwan, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Pakistan, Philippines, and Malaysia."

If nike stuff is better than star athletic its because they gave the subbies a little more money to make the item....maybe $15 rather than $10 for each guernsey...and they pass on that extra cost to the customer and add a little more for michael jordan and for the CEO's villa in the south of france and the bonuses for the board

With most manufacturing (not sure about apparrel), the extra quality is because they have factories that they run - whereas smaller brands use subcontractors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back