GUESS THE EX PLAYER

Remove this Banner Ad

356x237.jpg
Tendai Mzungu from Fremantle?

Sorry, I am going to have to cut the chain here.
I got a player right near the very beginning yet didn't get time to put a player in for others to guess.
A picture of him on my computer has been sitting here for almost 2 weeks.

It's a fairly easy one.
And knowing who I am, you would notice I am already giving a clue away.

Carlton Player.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I think so. Was a star in Launceston and from memory played a blinder on debut but went downhill from there.
Tony Pickett was my favourite player when I was young. Wore his number 30 on my duffle coat (remember those?)
When he first started playing he was still living in Tassie and flew in for the games before he moved to Melbourne. I think he may have coached in Tasmania after he retired from VFL footy.

Sorry, I am going to have to cut the chain here.
I got a player right near the very beginning yet didn't get time to put a player in for others to guess.
A picture of him on my computer has been sitting here for almost 2 weeks.

It's a fairly easy one.
And knowing who I am, you would notice I am already giving a clue away.

View attachment 270767
Denis Pagan

Tony Pickett was my favourite player when I was young. Wore his number 30 on my duffle coat (remember those?)
When he first started playing he was still living in Tassie and flew in for the games before he moved to Melbourne. I think he may have coached in Tasmania after he retired from VFL footy.

When Pickett flew in for his first game for Carlton in 1976 he asked an airport official whether the blues were playing Collingwood at Princes Park or Victoria Park.

Rod Ashman went off injured very early in the game and Pickett was moved to the roving position, a position he had never played before but played a great game on debut and kicked 4 goals. He played every game that season including the 2 finals and was one of the best recruits of the year in the league.

Pickett struggled in '77 but his return to form in '78 coincided with the blues revival under new coach Jezza. Pickett played on one wing and the bearded Denis Collins played on the other.

A hip injury copped during preseason training hampered Pickett in 1979 and he played only a handful of games that season. He returned to Tasmania in 1980 to captain coach City-South.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back